The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LarryMullen's POPAngel

Blue Crack Distributor
I'll be up with the sun, I'm not coming down...
OK, here's the deal:

In a thread posted by Basstrap earlier this week, he brought up the idea to exchange mixed tapes/compilation cds. What we'd do is make a cd/tape (where applicable, we all don't have cd burners!) of some of our favorite music, and exchange them with each other.

daisybean suggested that we do this the way we did the Interference holiday card exchange back in Dec. I will be keeping track of everyone's information , so please PM OR E-mail me at lemonangel92@hotmail.com after you sign up here. If I do not get a PM/E-mail from you, you cannot be part of the exchange. The deadline to get your name up and info to me will be February 22nd. Shortly after, I will be sending emails to all involved with the information they'll need to send cds/tapes to others. Then let the trading begin! :)

Depending on the number of cds/tapes you are making, it should work out where the number you give out, you will receive the same amount back. Example: I put myself down for 2, therefore I will be sending cds to 2 different people, in exchange for 2 cds/tapes from 2 other people. :)

The info I will need in PM/E-mail is as follows: (please do not post this information in this thread)

1) Interference name
2) Your real name
3) Address (where you can receive mail)
4) Email address
5) Will you be sending CDs or tapes, and how many? (We'd like to keep this to a maximum of 3)
6) Preferences - Would you like CDs only, tapes only, or either? (Some people may only be able to receive one or the other; therefore, if you have both a tape player and cd please try and comply) Also, we have some overseas participants already, so if you would like to send cds overseas or would rather not (it's really not that expensive) please tell me that as well.

This thread is strictly for list purposes.

Be daring and experimental, but if you want to throw in some classics or old favorites of yours, go right ahead. The entire idea is to expose our fellow Interferencers to music they've never heard, or would normally not gravitate towards. :)

If you'd like to sign up for this, please post here. Thanks!

Last edited:
daisybean said, on the thread fun with mixed tapes:

"Why don't we do like we did with the holiday cards....first compile a list of participants and then someone draws who gets who and let the people know who they go and they can exchange adresses via email/pm."

I think the idea in itself is huge, bc I don?t really like file sharing services. And it could surely be organized.

What do you think, LarryMullensPopAngel?

I'd :heart: to make a tape for somebody...I have no CD burner...but surely somebody could blow the dust off of his or her tape player to listen to a gift from me. :D

*looks over at CD collection* This will be fun...

How will we know who's able to exchange CDs and who's able to exchange tapes? I wouldn't mind receiving either tape or CD but I would only be able to send a tape.

Uhm... Popangel, I can't click on that link. :(

It flashes a "U2K Complaint" and brings me back to the Main Forum. :confused:

Last edited:
I'll sign up I guess, but my tastes aren't that diverse yet, and my organisation is rubbish, so don't expect anything groundbreaking. I can send both CDs and tapes, although it'd be easier for me to send CDs. Can receive either, but will prefer CDs. Drop an email at abberstywth_cymruambyth@postmaster.co.uk (yes I know that's misspelled, I decided putting a long Welsh name would deter potential chain mail senders).

EDIT: Also, due to my lack of funds, I sorta lack a huge CD collection (I do have a huge mp3 collection though). Thus, my mixed cd/tape may not be that great in quality.

Does this disqualify me?

Last edited:
I'll do it...like I said I can only make a cd...I have a tape player in my car though.

*edit to add...hiphop thanks for putting my suggestion up...typos and all :eek: ....

Now to decide what kind of songs to put on this disc....

Last edited:
OK, sorry to post this here, but I finished making my mix (took all day too). Who do I send it to? Are we still using the same method as above, or are we using something else?

Hello,

I WANT TO SIGN UP!

Is that clear enough?

I don't mind receiving a tape or a CD, my car stereo can accept both. :) It is, however, easier for me to send a CD than a tape, but I could send both.

This is a great idea BTW.

C ya!

Marty (who once made a mix tape for himself and is now looking where he left that tape)

Edit:
P.S. LarryMullen's_POPAngel, I'd be happy to send you a CD too. Just contact me at my hotmail account (just use my nickname of popmartijn on this forum before the @hotmail.com part)

Last edited:
Erm...

I can not (yet) PM :reject:

Is there any other way to let you know the required information?

C ya!

Marty

clt.: U2 - Bad (Rattle & Hum version)

Popmartijn said:
Erm...

I can not (yet) PM :reject:

Is there any other way to let you know the required information?

C ya!

Marty

clt.: U2 - Bad (Rattle & Hum version)

Oops, forgot that some of you may not yet be Premium. :eek: My bad....

Ok, either PM me your info, or E-mail it to me at: lemonangel92@hotmail.com before February 22nd with the info required. Thanks!:)

*edits first post yet again, lol ;)

Hrm, I'm suddenly not sure if my music tastes are eclectic enough. :) It sounds like a great idea, though. I think I'll probably do it. I'm going to create a database of all my music so whoever gets stuck with me will have a rough idea of what I already have.

Let me get how this works straight: you collect our information and then tell each of us whom we're going to be sending our discs or tapes to, right?

How much does it cost to mail off one or two CDs within the U.S., by the way? How about overseas?

Last edited:
typhoon said:
Hrm, I'm suddenly not sure if my music tastes are eclectic enough. :) It sounds like a great idea, though. I think I'll probably do it. I'm going to create a database of all my music so whoever gets stuck with me will have a rough idea of what I already have.

Let me get how this works straight: you collect our information and then tell each of us whom we're going to be sending our discs or tapes to, right?

How much does it cost to mail off one or two CDs within the U.S., by the way? How about overseas?

Don't worry about if your tastes are eclectic enough. This is your favorite stuff, passed onto another person. Maybe they've never heard any of the stuff you'll put on it, or they haven't given it a hard enough listen and find then that they like it. :)

And yes, I'm collecting everyone's info as they contact me, then after the deadline I will compose one email to send all involved with the address (or addresses) of the people they will be sending mixes to. It should work out where the number of mixes you send out, you will be getting that many back.

PS- For lower postage, I will ask now that if you are sending cds, to please send them without the bulky jewel cases. If you want to customize the cd and be fancy, that's cool, but for those who want to keep costs down I suggest sending the cds in either slimline jewel cases or the paper sleeves. :wave:

Oh Oh Sign me up!!! :) I hope living in Ireland doesnt put ppl off :slant:

I?ll send you a mail. Only thing is: I?m too stupid to get the system. ;)

So what is it? I send three CDs to you, and then you send them to another person? Three CDs of the same stuff or three of different ones? If I send directly to the other person, why the limit? Oh, and will there be a list where I can pick out my favs?

Thanks for the great work.

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
yertle: for now, this is a one time thing, but if it works out maybe we can have one every so often. :)

Lara: PM or email me to get your name on the list. :wave:

Pm coming up! :wave:

whenhiphopdrovethebigcars said:
I?ll send you a mail. Only thing is: I?m too stupid to get the system. ;)

So what is it? I send three CDs to you, and then you send them to another person? Three CDs of the same stuff or three of different ones? If I send directly to the other person, why the limit? Oh, and will there be a list where I can pick out my favs?

Thanks for the great work.

No, after everyone has signed up you will get an email with a list of three people...you will send each person a copy of your mix disk (or make different disks for each person). In return, you get cds from three different people.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom