The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ah, and so I simply recieve three CDs with sth. on? or is it up to me to call around and say what I want? (Please no Engelbert Humperdinck)

I'm in. And I'm damn good at this. My mixed tapes are legendary in my tiny world. Of course the people I give them to have no taste and know nothing about music, but don't let that scare you. :D

I think we get what we get.

whenhiphopdrovethebigcars said:
Ah, and so I simply recieve three CDs with sth. on? or is it up to me to call around and say what I want? (Please no Engelbert Humperdinck)

how about a li'l Tom Jones instead? :D

:wave: I am in!! This is a fabulous idea! I am so excited!!!

So... after you are done compiling the lists... will we know (usernames and stuff) of the people we send to and the people we receive from?

:reject: My apologies in advance if my CD's suck. lol

Question: If I choose to do 2 CD's... are those 2 CD's going to different people? Just in case I do two of the same... not that I am planning on it, but I was curious. :) thx!

:reject: I have another question! Are we allowed to put more than one song by the same artist on a CD, or should we keep it one song per artist to make things more interesting?

Ok. I am done. *phew. Sorry for all the questions...

You can customize the cd's depending on who you get.
If you get someone who you know really despises a song you want to put on it, you give them a disc without that song.

I think I'm gonna wait until April tells us who has who and probably end up customizing each cd.

I don't see why you can't put more than one song by an artist...
like I have Tori Amos doing this amazing cover of Bruce's "I'm on Fire" but I think I may also put on an album track of hers.
Again it depends on who you get.

:crack: so, like, if I got bear... it wouldn't be nice of me to fill his CD with Coldplay songs? :sexywink: lol

J/k Thx daisybean!!

Angel said:
:reject: I have another question! Are we allowed to put more than one song by the same artist on a CD, or should we keep it one song per artist to make things more interesting?

Ok. I am done. *phew. Sorry for all the questions...

I personally would say: everything is allowed. This is the first project after all here on Interference. It is about the songs YOU like and the songs YOU want others to hear. So if you want to put multiple songs of the same artist on the CD, that's fine. If you don't want to put any song of an artist on the CD, that's fine too. Live tracks, acoustic versions, remixes, well-known songs, unknown songs, short songs, long songs, old songs, new songs... it's totally up to you.

C ya!

Marty (who has finalised his CD and is happy with whatever he receives)

Angel said:
:crack: so, like, if I got bear... it wouldn't be nice of me to fill his CD with Coldplay songs? :sexywink: lol
or me. please, whoever gets me, no radiohead or coldplay! :|

maybe we should start a thread to list people we absolutely wouldn't want included. this way, whoever we get, we can peruse that thread and see what they hate to make sure we don't include any of that stuff.

I don't think so. I like what Popmartijn said:

I personally would say: everything is allowed. This is the first project after all here on Interference. It is about the songs YOU like and the songs YOU want others to hear. So if you want to put multiple songs of the same artist on the CD, that's fine. If you don't want to put any song of an artist on the CD, that's fine too. Live tracks, acoustic versions, remixes, well-known songs, unknown songs, short songs, long songs, old songs, new songs... it's totally up to you.

I might customize a little if I have an idea about the person's tastes, but in general I think we should just be creative and come up with what we think is a cool collection of songs and maybe if somebody hates Coldplay, for example, they might get a Coldplay song that they haven't heard before and might like. Everybody should just be open to hearing new stuff and old stuff with new ears. Or else it'll spoil the fun.

i'm sure we have decent tastes. alot of the stuff i'm going to be adding on are artists I picked up from other U2 fans.

Back
Top Bottom