The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Screaming Flower said:

i think if people still owe a cd, it would be "polite" to pm the person who is expecting the cd, as well, to tell the recipient why they haven't received it or to tell them why they won't be receiving it.

it would be nice.

:|

Indeed. :|

daisybean said:
:( I feel bad that some people didn't get a cd...although I couldn't participate the first round I will send a cd to anyone that is missing one...pm me if you are interested.

y'know, it just kind of pisses me off, people who say one thing then do another. crapping out on people is never cool. :|

but, that's very cool of you to do that, daisy. :)

A relative sent mine for me yesterday (FINALLY), but I haven't been able to actually get there to pick anything up. :der: Hopefully tomorrow. Arrgh..

BTW - if anyone receives any note-less packages from Iowa, they're from me. ;)

I can't wait to do the next exchange...I had so much fun making my tape! :)

Yeah...you guys...if you haven't sent one out, contact your recipient. I haven't received mine yet, but she was nice enough to send me a little card thanking me for the tape I made and to let me know that mine would be made soon.

*anxiously awaiting its arrival* :hyper:

Re: Announcement

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:

For those who enjoyed this first cd exchange, or who were too late to sign up, paxetaurora and I are plotting another one soon, so watch this forum for details. :wink:

True nuff! I'm way excited... :hyper:

And I got MirrorballGirl's CD today too! :) I'll post the tracklisting, um, later (when I can get up anddown stairs again without fallling).

Re: Announcement

I am unsticking this thread as of today. If you have not yet received your cd, please contact me telling me who you have received from, where applicable, so I know who still owes you a compilation. If you still owe people cds, but for some valid reason are unable to send, also contact me.

But how do you know you have not yet received your CD when you don't know what's coming to you? :D The receipients (sp?) never knew who was sending a CD to them, so how do you know you still have to receive one...? :confused:
These are very deep questions for the Sunday (morning)... :)

For those who enjoyed this first cd exchange, or who were too late to sign up, paxetaurora and I are plotting another one soon, so watch this forum for details. :wink:

YAY! Another one! I'm already excited :hyper: I have so many ideas for new mix CD's (some different themes running in my head). I'll definately be watching this forum for more info... Oh wait, I'm already watching this forum night and day... ;)

C ya!

Marty

P.S. Regarding my first remark... I have received paxetaurora's CD, but I don't know if others owe me a CD...

Marty,

It went that however many cds you sent out, you will be receiving that many in return. I matched everyone up so that they would be getting however many cds they made back in the exchange. :) So, if you sent out 2 cds, you should have gotten 2 back, etc.

:)

pax, what happened? :scratch: :hug:

PS- We're thinkin' this next one may have a theme already ;)

Marty,

It went that however many cds you sent out, you will be receiving that many in return. I matched everyone up so that they would be getting however many cds they made back in the exchange. :) So, if you sent out 2 cds, you should have gotten 2 back, etc.

I'm extra special :D - I sent 2 and received 3! :hyper:

____
:hmm:Or were you just pulling favors for me, April? :flirt: :sexywink:

Woo!

paxetaurora said:
And I got MirrorballGirl's CD today too! :) I'll post the tracklisting, um, later (when I can get up anddown stairs again without fallling).

YAY! I'm so glad it finally came! And in a related story, WTF took it so long?? That puppy got mailed last weekend. Ah well. I hope joyfulgirl got hers, too.

(I hope you're feeling better, too. ;) )

Okay, since gabrielvox hasn't been seen around here much lately, I'm going to post the tracklisting of the CD I made for him and popmartijn. (And Gabe, if you're reading this but haven't gotten the CD yet...skip ahead!)

1.) "Mining for Gold" Cowboy Junkies
2.) "Never the Same" Supreme Beings of Leisure
3.) "The Hives Declare Guerre Nucleaire" the Hives
4.) "Crooked Crown" the Anniversary
5.) "Hyperballad" (Brodsky Quartet remix) Bjork
6.) "A Prayer for England" Massive Attack
7.) "Affection" Lost Boys
8.) "Ground on Down" Ben Harper
9.) "Jack the Ripper" Morrissey
10.) "Landslide" Smashing Pumpkins (NOT the Dixie Chicks)
11.) "Crazy" Tori Amos
12.) "Let's Play Life" Wally Pleasant
13.) "Independence Day" Ani di Franco
14.) "A Case of You" Joni Mitchell
15.) "You Are the Everything" R.E.M.
16.) "The Rafters" Moby
17.) "New Horizon" David Gray

Joyfulgirl, stop reading if you haven't gotten yours yet--here is the listing from MirrorballGirl's CD to me (which I listened to twice this afternoon!):

1.) "King of Carrot Flowers Part 1" Neutral Milk Hotel
2.) "Still Be Around" Uncle Tupelo
3.) "Red" Elbow
4.) "I'm Waiting for the Day" the Beach Boys
5.) "Jack-Ass" Beck
6.) "Santa Maria" the Frames (an especial early favorite)
7.) "Outta Mind (Outtasite)" Wilco
8.) "Shakedown on 9th Street" Ryan Adams :hyper:
9.) "Early in the Mornin" Louis Jordan
10.) "Time Bomb" Old 97s
11.) "Galileo" Indigo Girls (a song I knew already but VERY near and dear to me, so great choice)
12.) "Rising Sun" Rusted Root
13.) "Trouble" Harry Connick, Jr. :heart:
14.) "Into the Sunset" Neil Finn (3 Neil Finn songs on my 2 Interference CDs...Interlanders trying to tell me something?)
15.) "I Am Trying to Break Your Heart" Wilco
16.) "Electioneering" Radiohead
17.) "Goodnight Hollywood Boulevard" Ryan Adams

I loveth my CD, MbG--thank you! :hug:

I bet Bonochick would like it too. ;)

Last edited:
Woohoo! I'm so glad you're enjoying it, pax.

The tracklisting of your CD also looks excellent, btw. :)

Mirrorball Girl said:
Woohoo! I'm so glad you're enjoying it, pax.

The tracklisting of your CD also looks excellent, btw. :)

Let me tell you something, it sounds great too!!! :D Pax, thank you. :hug:

C ya!

Marty (who understands he still has to receive more Interference mix CD's, but doesn't know from who...)

SkeeK said:
i think i want to be in on the next one of these

i want to be matched up with skeek. :sexywink: :wave:

i'm posting my own setlist too. :der:

01 BT - Satellite
02 Jeff Buckley - Everybody Here Wants You
03 Aimee Mann - Wise Up
04 Elbow - Scattered Black and Whites
05 Peter Gabriel - Here Comes the Flood
06 Doves - M62 Song
07 R.E.M. - Sweetness Follows
08 Ryan Adams - Desire
09 Cowboy Junkies - Misguided Angel
10 Tom Waits - Tom Traubert?s Blues
11 David Gray - Smile
12 Tom McRae - Sao Paulo Rain
13 Lucinda Williams - Essence
14 Satchel - Suffering
15 Zwan - Of a Broken Heart
16 Shawn Colvin - If I Were Brave
17 Travis - Love Will Come Through

:tongue:

Yes, I'm lazy. :) So here's another excerpt from my journal, as I don't want to type it twice.

YEEEEEEEHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!
:hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

Just when I didn't expect it anymore, I come home and find a big surprise. My second Interference mix CD has arrived! Vicki Neal sent this one to me. Unfortunately, I don't know her (or at least, I cannot connect the actual name with an Interference nickname). Nevertheless, thank you very much! The tracklisting looks very promising (I'm listening to the second song now, so can't say too much about the actual contents):

1. Black Rebel Motorcycle Club - Whatever Happened To My Rock'n'Roll?
2. The Vines - Ain't No Room
3. Ryan Adams - Sylvia Plath
4. BOA - Duvet
5. Red Hot Chili Peppers - Cabron
6. Tricky featuring Ambersunshower - You Don't Wanna
7. Beck - Diamond Dogs
8. The Flaming Lips - The Gash
9. Rjd2 - The Horror
10. Beastie Boys - Three MC's And One DJ
11. Tricky - Bury The Evidence
12. Garbage - #1 Crush
13. Radiohead - True Love Waits
14. Moby - Sunday (The Day Before My Birthday)
15. Goldfrapp - Pilots
16. Chemical Brothers - Asleep From Day

While I do have some of the songs on this disc, it'll be very interesting to hear them in a new context. I've always liked Tricky's You Don't Wanna (with its Sweet Dreams sample), but until now I've never paid very much attention to his Bury The Evidence. This should be interesting...

Two different people sent me a Moby track. While I do have some various tracks by him on some soundtracks/samplers I don't own a full Moby album. Maybe they're trying to say something to me. I'll definately pay closer attention to him now (for some time his Play album is on my 'Buy When It Is The Right Moment' list, but I haven't found the right moment yet).

Oh, I finally had the chance to road-test Pax's CD (I reburned it and now my car CD player does accept it): :up: :up: :hyper: It sounds really great. I'm still getting to know most of the songs, but Never The Same by Supreme Beings Of Leisure is a big favourite. As is the Cowboy Junkies track. And Tori Amos. And... I already have problems to choose. :)

C ya!

Marty

clt. Red Hot Chili Peppers - Cabron :up:
(from Vicki's mix CD of course)

P.S. Vicki Neal, whoever you are, could you please email me at popmartijn at hotmail dot com? Thank you!

(edited because I had written one title wrong)

Last edited:
elevatedmole said:
BTW - if anyone receives any note-less packages from Iowa, they're from me. ;)

I found that out through other channels. :wave: Anyway, thank you very much! I really like the CD, a nice mixture of known and unknown tracks (for me that is).

C ya!

Marty (who didn't know IA was short for Iowa)

Popmartijn said:
Yes, I'm lazy. :) So here's another excerpt from my journal, as I don't want to type it twice.

YEEEEEEEHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!
:hyper: :hyper:

Just when I didn't expect it anymore, I come home and find a big surprise. My second Interference mix CD has arrived! Vicki Neal sent this one to me. Unfortunately, I don't know her (or at least, I cannot connect the actual name with an Interference nickname). Nevertheless, thank you very much! The tracklisting looks very promising (I'm listening to the second song now, so can't say too much about the actual contents):

1. Black Rebel Motorcycle Club - Whatever Happened To My Rock'n'Roll?
2. The Vines - Ain't No Room
3. Ryan Adams - Sylvia Plath
4. BOA - Duvet
5. Red Hot Chili Peppers - Cabron
6. Tricky featuring Ambersunshower - You Don't Wanna
7. Beck - Diamond Dogs
8. The Flaming Lips - The Gash
9. Rjd2 - The Horror
10. Beastie Boys - Three MC's And One DJ
11. Tricky - Bury The Evidence
12. Garbage - #1 Crush
13. Radiohead - True Love Waits
14. Moby - Sunday (The Day Before My Birthday)
15. Goldfrapp - Pilots
16. Chemical Brothers - Asleep From Day

While I do have some of the songs on this disc, it'll be very interesting to hear them in a new context. I've always liked Tricky's You Don't Wanna (with its Sweet Dreams sample), but until now I've never paid very much attention to his Bury The Evidence. This should be interesting...

Two different people sent me a Moby track. While I do have some various tracks by him on some soundtracks/samplers I don't own a full Moby album. Maybe they're trying to say something to me. I'll definately pay closer attention to him now (for some time his Play album is on my 'Buy When It Is The Right Moment' list, but I haven't found the right moment yet).

Oh, I finally had the chance to road-test Pax's CD (I reburned it and now my car CD player does accept it): :up: :hyper: It sounds really great. I'm still getting to know most of the songs, but Never The Same by Supreme Beings Of Leisure is a big favourite. As is the Cowboy Junkies track. And Tori Amos. And... I already have problems to choose. :)

C ya!

Marty

clt. Red Hot Chili Peppers - Cabron :up:
(from Vicki's mix CD of course)

P.S. Vicki Neal, whoever you are, could you please email me at popmartijn at hotmail dot com? Thank you!

(edited because I had written one title wrong)

Yay - glad you liked it! :) And to clear that up - that's not my name actually, it's Ariadne, but someone else had to sign the customs forms and such. :der: Anyway.. unfortunately I realized after reading some posts that you had heard some of the songs, but of course that was after I sent the CD. But I'm happy you liked it. :D Sorry again for the delay.

Hey!

:hyper: :hyper:

I just got my second CD!!!

Its by Ali Rose, today is my lucky day!!!

da dee da thank you, girl! :hug:

elevatedmole said:
Yay - glad you liked it! :) And to clear that up - that's not my name actually, it's Ariadne, but someone else had to sign the customs forms and such. :der: Anyway.. unfortunately I realized after reading some posts that you had heard some of the songs, but of course that was after I sent the CD. But I'm happy you liked it. :D Sorry again for the delay.

Ah, it's not important whether or not I already had heard some of the songs. In fact, one of my favourite CD's of the moment (after your and paxetaurora's mix CD's) is the CD I burned for others. I have all the tracks, but I still want to hear my selection. As I said, it makes me listen to certain songs in an entirely different way (for me Radiohead's True Love Waits was always a closing song, but it now has a different perspective).

C ya!

Marty

clt.: Ryan Adams - Sylvia Plath

yay I got mine!

Both MirrorballGirl and Olive had written me early on that they wouldn't be able to get their CDs out to me until the end of March, and then they both showed up in my mailbox on the same day after I returned home from an exhausting business trip. :) Thanks to both of them for some great music which I will be enjoying on a long road trip this weekend. I will post the tracklists as soon as I can (although they may have been posted already?). I really appreciate the thoughtfulness that went into both of these discs. I only had maybe 3-4 songs total from both discs so I feel like I've really been turned on to some cool new stuff. This has been a great project and I'm definitely up for round two. (Now I can steal stuff from the discs I received to include on new ones I make :D )

so, when will you be sending out yours?

I will make the third as soon as I can, honey. Screaming Flower knows that she?ll get it, and its ok if I send it later on.

Where is AliRose?

I don?t see her around much on Interference.

Anyway, I am in contact with her, and hope she?s fine.

whenhiphopdrovethebigcars said:

I will make the third as soon as I can, honey. Screaming Flower knows that she?ll get it, and its ok if I send it later on.

Where is AliRose?

I don?t see her around much on Interference.

Anyway, I am in contact with her, and hope she?s fine.

We're not in PLEBA. Don't call me 'honey'.

Back
Top Bottom