Sign of spring

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MissZooropa

Refugee
Do you have anything special going on in your city, town, neighbourhood that "declares" that now it's spring? Some event, happening that is annual and is an unofficial sign of spring coming?

In Gothenburg, where I live it's when students from the University of technology, Chalmers, goes out on the streets in their white robes and "student hats" and sell programs for the upcoming parade they hold every April 30th.
When you get "harrassed" by those in every corner and they try to sell you the program, then it's spring!
smile.gif

So what is your unofficial sign of spring?

------------------
"U2 on it?s own is a very interesting group and all. But U2 with it?s audience is a culture" - Bono

http://community.webshots.com/user/misszooropa
Pictures from Copenhagen (shirtless ones), London and Dublin, Slane.

Basically people go outside! I mean the way Spring happens here is that it rains and rains and rains and then the sun comes out and (I won't go on a bio tangent here, cos something tells me nobody gives a shit) BAM! Everything is bright and green and beautiful.

------------------
"Why do you have to be such a smart ass?" -my mom

We went for a run at the local park today, and they had a warning in the city paper that they have found several poisonous snakes at the park and to be aware. We didn't see any, but something slivered into the lake as we ran over one of the wooden bridges.

Every year in our town we have what is called a May Mart. It's for 2 days in May where there are vendors selling craft items,foods, and flowers to plant. There is also some local entertainment that goes along with it.

flowers flowers flowers. it is huge here. people in my neighborhood (except for me) all have lawn services that seem to come in overnight and fill everyone's lawns with amazing flowers. i know they are not bulbs blooming there because mine are bulbs and not out yet.

anyway, we live about 1/2 mile from a Botanical Conservatory and all of my neighbors are old people who are wealthy. They are ALL on the board at this Conservatory and I swear they have this flower mafia that hooks them up with the best blooms.

But it's true, their yards are stunning.

------------------
***ALOTWU***

The Palace of My Shame

Not really. i just listen to Indian Summer Sky and go for lots of walks

When it starts to hit the 90s, that's when I can tell. Haha... really though, I'm with elizabeth. There are flowers blooming all over campus, and I love it! The smell of orange blossoms has to be one of my favorite things. Spring smells lovely here.

The Dogwood Arts Festival - then it's spring. It's going on right now - and all it means to me is traffic!!!1

------------------
Mone

You ain't nothin without a rhythm section to back you up.

"What Adam does with his willy is his business..." -Bono

Originally posted by Lilly:
Basically people go outside! I mean the way Spring happens here is that it rains and rains and rains and then the sun comes out and (I won't go on a bio tangent here, cos something tells me nobody gives a shit) BAM! Everything is bright and green and beautiful.

Just another reason why living in Minnesota cracks me up. kyra1 and I spent both Saturday and Sunday afternoons taking picnics down to the Lake of the Isles, and people were out in droves! Wasn't it only last week we had snow on the ground? And now as SOON as the weather turns, we are all OUTSIDE!!! woohoo! I love spring.
smile.gif

Originally posted by sulawesigirl4:
Just another reason why living in Minnesota cracks me up. kyra1 and I spent both Saturday and Sunday afternoons taking picnics down to the Lake of the Isles, and people were out in droves! Wasn't it only last week we had snow on the ground? And now as SOON as the weather turns, we are all OUTSIDE!!! woohoo! I love spring.
smile.gif

There are just as many bicyclists as motor vehicles (at least in my plush Summit Avenue area). Also, like the first snow fall, I think Minnesotans have a tough time getting used to driving in warmer weather.

MISSZOOROPA - I want to come to Gothenburg for the parade! Sounds like a wonderful day for a parade (April 30) - and I have family there.

There's always something going on in NY but I don't pay attention anyhow it's like SUMMER here, yesterday it almost reached eighty degrees, I'm ready for the beach!

Usually in NYC for me its when the park is Brooklyn is brimming with people. And then of course summer and Coney Island.

zone: You're welcome!! It's a big happening here and since May 1st is a holiday it's party all over the town afterwards.
biggrin.gif

Back
Top Bottom