Sid Meier's Random Music Talk CIV

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You can Gimli me with all the Win Butler criticism.

But had Reflektor been one disc's worth of songs, it might have been their second best album, despite not having anything as good as The Sprawl II.

Rococo is a piece of shit.

I wasn't alive when When We Used to Wait was relevant.

Did Win time travel or something?

If you think We Used to Wait is primarily a rant about email, I think you've severely, severely overlooked the main sentiment of the song.

Personally I find that song very affecting, to the point that I sometimes have a hard time listening to it. I don't think it's necessarily about the suburbs, but rather the middle class ideal that the future is always more promising and the realization that it's largely a myth.

I've never heard the song, so I looked up the lyrics, which look like they're 75% repeating "we used to wait." That's so deep, maaaaan.

It's all been in a sprawl (hee hee) in our living room since we moved in here. I'm ready to open those boxes and get that stuff out of the way, at least for a little while.

This is what happens when you move a two bedroom house into a one bedroom apartment and don't want to spring for a storage unit.
Dear God, I hope I get my promotion before our lease is up. :lol:

Screenshot_2014-11-29-16-10-33.png

Kind of random - I posted a pic of the Flaming Lips Record Store Day Christmas album on my turntable last night on instagram and Wayne Coyne left a row of hearts as a comment on it today. I know he gets tons of flack these days but it's still kind of cool when one of your favorite musicians acknowledges you.

Back in 2010 I went to see MGMT with my now almost ex wife and yeah. It was an all ages show. I was 32 or 33 at the time and I felt like the oldest guy there and I wasn't, because there were dads there with their daughters. But yeah. It was kind of funny because during quiet parts of the show stoners would shout "smoke weed!" And people did "light up" and I could only imagine how awkward the dads at the show with their daughters felt. This show was at the fox theater in Pomona so it was a smallish venue.

This room's 350 people and damn near all of them are stoned teenagers. I can't complain too much though. Because I'm old enough to be all their moms, plus s few years, I got comped into a sold out show. The guy selling tickets asked me if I was related to anyone in any of the bands. When I said I wssn't, he told me it was sold out, but he gave me a blank ticket that he'd written on. It got me in here with all these stage-diving children.

:rockon:

I found Nightlife to be pretty underrated. A bit of an outlier in their discography as it has a little more groove to it.

Just used one of its songs for Desert Island.

I always said I was never going to shit on all ages shows because of how much I appreciated them when I was under 21. But I really hated how at 25 I felt old at shows, never mind now.

I'm sorry, I laughed. It's just so ridiculous that you're apparently not supposed to go to shows after a certain age, and if you're there you must be their mother or something.

Next time it happens just roll with it and say, "yeah Adam Clayton is my son", and take pictures with kids in the audience and sign autographs and have them buy you free beers etc.

Holy shit.... Is that like three times now?

At least twice. And it's been the guy in his late 20s/early 30s who is past his first few beers.

I'm sorry, I laughed. It's just so ridiculous that you're apparently not supposed to go to shows after a certain age, and if you're there you must be their mother or something.

I'm starting to laugh, too, but it may have been what got me into a sold-out show for free last night. Although the kid at the box office didn't say it in so many words.

Next time it happens just roll with it and say, "yeah Adam Clayton is my son", and take pictures with kids in the audience and sign autographs and have them buy you free beers etc.

No one at the show last night would have had any idea who Adam Clayton is.

We were talking about Thin Lizzy in here the other day, so I've been listening to them a lot lately. Live and Dangerous is one of the best live albums I've heard. I waited until I had heard their "classic" albums so I could more easily notice differences in the live arrangements. Honestly though, it would be an awesome entry point.

What really surprised me was how fantastic Phil Lynott's voice sounds. I know there were overdubs and everything, but wow.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom