Sicy/Beegee Alcatraz

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dalton

Blue Crack Addict
Little hand says it's time to rock and roll.
Sorry for the full thread, but I don't have the power of PMs. (chuckle)

I see that the two of you went to Alcatraz recently. Did you like it? My wife and I will be in SF later this week and we're debating whether or not we want to take the time to see it. What say ye?

Definately!! It was so fun and so neat. I went there when I was little with my parents but I dont remember much. beegee has never been and it was something she wanted to see so we went. It's only like $25 per person and you take a boat over there (about 10min) and you can walk around and look at everything on your own, the cells, the recreation yard, etc. They have an audio tour system that you can do where you can listen to the history while you're walking around the different parts of the island. When you're ready to leave you can take the boat back to SF. We were so fascinated that that night we rented 'Escape from Alcatraz' :giggle:

You may want to book your tickets now though because they sell out fast.

Alcatraz Island - Official Tickets Site - Guaranteed Lowest Price

Here are a few pics we took

2539827577_9d72db510b.jpg

2543436727_42f0f1d58c.jpg

2539825485_b3811dbb59.jpg

2539826771_7bc8091602.jpg

2540647496_07d8ab4746.jpg

2540646918_eb5603d044.jpg

2539825671_42804ae2b4.jpg

2539826583_bac7c956ed.jpg

http://forum.interference.com/showpost.php?p=5193917&postcount=726

Try not to get Shawshanked while you're there, Dalton.

My coworker and I filmed in Alcatraz last year, I had to call the ranger (it's a national park) in advance to give them a heads up so we wouldn't get hassled.

And it's well worth the trip.

Maybe we should have a contest to see who can write the best caption for this picture? :wink:

Good idea. All I know is that Sicy strangely looks almost excited to be behind bars, and Beeg looks like she's thinking "Well, at least they might let me work in the prison library."

I just laughed so loud I scared my cat!

I was actually quite disappointed to find that all the books were gone from the library.

We had a great time at Alcatraz. The fact that they let you wander around on your own was the reason I really wanted to go. Sicy was funny, she didn't believe me at first, but it was true! Turns out we both hate guided tours. The views were extraordinary. My favorite part of the prison was the recreation yard. I also really liked the gardens around the island, as I didn't expect to see so many flowers.

It was SO fun and I would absolutey recommend it.

Gah, now I miss it :(

My sister visited Alcatraz in October. She thought it was amazing. She kept calling me and texting me pictures. I should point out that we both majored in History in college though. :nerd:

lmao @ the library picture and the caption.

I visited years ago with my son's class for a field trip. Some parts are spooky. The boat ride is not so much fun if the water's choppy and you have a weak stomach or just don't like boat rides, so be prepared for that. But it is an interesting tour and I also liked the fact you can wander at your own pace exploring the place, not be stuck on a guided tour where you have to keep pace with the tour guide and listen to their rehearsed speeches and listen to stupid questions visitors sometimes ask.

I think I'd be petrified to try kayaking especially in the ocean or really rapidly movine or DEEP water. I read a great book about a guy who kayak'd around Ireland and it was really interesting and exciting, but he also ran into some real problems I know I could not have handled!

I said this in the superthread, but do it dalt. I had a marvelous time there and the audio tour is totally worth it. Sadly my pics from there are among the ones I lost last fall, but good memories.

Well, I didn't go to Alcatraz but I did spend a great day Saucilito. Have any of you been to the aquarium in Monterey? I thought that was cool.

Saucilito looks cool - just never been. Drove thru it I think. I have a friend in San Rafael. Last time I was at the Aquarium, it had to be 15-20 years ago. Maybe it's time to go back.... and hit the boardwalk in Santa Cruz too :hmm:

Where's your pics Dalton?

I don't think you guys are spelling Sausalito correctly :nerd:

I have been to the aquarium in Monterey several times and always liked it.

P.S. There's a memory in the mail right now.

This thread is just teetering on the edge of becoming one of those good-natured, testosterone-driven insult fests you guys are so famous for.

I thought that might be the post that pushed it over.

Back
Top Bottom