Shuttlecock XXVIII: Presents Boner's 100% Natural Good-Time Family Band Solution

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
BoMac nos wut iz in mai brane!

Time to leave for another day of pure hell. Bye, ass hats.

As some may not see it else where, I'd like to take this chance to re-pwn some of our friends:

Screenshot2009-10-22at104930PM.png

Last FM, helping me mock friends since 2005.

change!

hallelujah!

Definitely agree. Let's hope they choose...wisely.

well that's the thing, right? With ATYCLB, they used the whole "back to basics" excuse and with HTDAAB it was the whole "guitar rock" concept. Whether that was truly what was going on or they really were just playing it safe, that's fine - they get a free pass with me for those two albums, god knows they deserve to do something safe once and a while.

NLOTH was not a complete 180 but it was a push in a new direction that I appreciate. SOA or whatever the next album is called is the big test for me. If they do something different cool, if they fall back to an album full of Crazy TONITEs and SUC'ing (see what I did there?) then I think this will be the first time I might actually feel some form of real disappointment with their creative output...

Hearing a song like Winter, which I really dig, and knowing that they saved it for the next album because it supposedly fits in better there, gives me hope. I look at NLOTH as the starting point for that new direction, and they'd better not do another 180 back to ATYCLB and HTDAAB just because NLOTH hasn't sold the same way and didn't have that big first single.

Yeah, I like Winter too, and Kingdom is awesome (although I suspect part of it's coolness is the whole 360 experience) I would love a whole album of that...

I'm curious why they don't mess around with EPs, they could do Bono's original concept of Day and Night, one EP could conceivably have the hit singles, the other the darker "meditative" stuff...

This is the part where I admit to being a bad fan by never going into EYKIW, and I'm sure I just forgot, but what's Kingdom again?

I do like the idea of an EP as well, to bridge the two albums together.

I know you don't care for Mercy, but if it didn't work well on the next album, an EP would be the perfect place for it.

Kingdom is the opening track between Space Oddity and Breathe on the tour :up:

and I honestly don't hate Mercy I just hate all the hype surrounding it on here - I'd be overjoyed if they would release it so I didn't have to hear about it anymore. Although I'm sure the bitching about how the released version wasn't as good as the unreleased version would be just as annoying...

Yeah, I'm stupid that I forgot that.

It should be the opening for the new album, quite obviously (or perhaps the closer).

C'mon U2, don't move away from the possibilities you've started.

no matter what the new album sounds like, it won't be played as well live as it was in the 90's.

i hate moving i hate movingi hate movingi hate movingi hate movingi hate movingi hate movingi hate movingi hate movingi hate movingi hate movingi hate movingi hate movingi hate movingi hate movingi hate movingi hate movingi hate movingi hate movingi hate movingi hate movingi hate movingi hate movingi hate movingi hate moving

I wish I was in Vegas right now... I need a drink, or twenty.

Wow, I didn't know that "Kingdom" was a 'Cock track.

If they took the "fuck it, we'll do what we want because we're at this stage in our career" attitude and did something truly adventurous. No Line feels like it's on the precipice of that, based on the opening 3 tracks, "Breathe," and "Cedars."

i hate moving i hate movingi hate movingi hate movingi hate movingi hate movingi hate movingi hate movingi hate movingi hate movingi hate movingi hate movingi hate movingi hate movingi hate movingi hate movingi hate movingi hate movingi hate movingi hate movingi hate movingi hate movingi hate movingi hate movingi hate moving

I wish I was in Vegas right now... I need a drink, or twenty.

I agree on all counts.

If they took the "fuck it, we'll do what we want because we're at this stage in our career" attitude and did something truly adventurous. No Line feels like it's on the precipice of that, based on the opening 3 tracks, "Breathe," and "Cedars."

+ Fez

Just got home from work, it's midnight.

Need to be back there at 9 in the morning.

I hate everything.

What was the Vegas setlist like?

I agree on all counts.

+ Fez

I hate everything.

I always forget about "Fez" for some reason, and that's freaking awesome, too.

The Vegas set was nothing special. Same thing as the last show, it seems.

I agree on all counts.

+ Fez

I hate everything.

Looks like you and I are in a similar mindset this morning/evening/whatever time of day. Except for the working part. I took a half day yesterday to get a jump start on the moving.

Is it bad and kinda mean of me to say I'm kinda really glad Vegas didn't get anything mondo special? (I'll be kicking myself for that tomorrow night when they play In God's Country or Mofo at the Rose Bowl, but at least I'll get to watch it if Youtube doesn't crash :tongue: )

Time to run up to Timmie's for breakfast for the peeps coming to help me move furniture. I can't wait for it to be 5k time tonight.

In Vegas I:

1. Lost my voice.

2. screamed my way through the 45-second rollercoaster at the Sahara

3. Met a metric fuck-ton of Interferencers

4. Rocked the hell out at the concert

5. Did not meet Paul McGuiness per se (although zoney did), but pointed at him like "HEY IT'S PAUL MCGUINESS!!!!!!"

6. Got a smile and a nod from will.i.am.

7. Bunked with Sicy.

8. Bunked with beegee.

9. Laughed so hard I cried at a completely random string of jokes about the movieSpeed on the way to the show.

10. Got a text from mofo and was all "Who the hell is texting me from that area code? IDENTIFY YOURSELF!!!!!"

10a. Learned I should keep people's numbers in my phones.

11. Called everything "janky" and variations thereof

12. Had a blast.

Back
Top Bottom