Shuttlecock XXVII: To Returned Cocks We Run!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lazarus

Blue Crack Supplier
beastieboys-sabotage-1.jpg

Gee, I don't know ...

We might just be too uncool and unfunny to post in this thread.

:yawn:

Just think of the courage it must've taken, clicking on a link with a different title than the link you usually click on a U2 fan forum, and then... posting there!

That's no easy task, considering the MASSIVE social ramifications if things went awry. MASSIVE.

I'm a little in awe right now, actually. :wink:

Just think of the courage it must've taken, clicking on a link with a different title than the link you usually click on a U2 fan forum, and then... posting there!

That's no easy task, considering the MASSIVE social ramifications if things went awry. MASSIVE.

I'm a little in awe right now, actually. :wink:
god, would you at least try to get their name right?

Setlist so far

1. Breathe
2. Get On Your Boots
3. Mysterious Ways
4. Beautiful Day / snippet I can't make out
5. No Line On The Horizon
6. Magnificent

That's my relatively cranky opinion right now as well.

I'm pissed they've
apparently given up on Unknown Caller.

Aw no, martha. It's still going to be great.

We're talking one thing they appear to have done, which makes me cranky, but if I remember your opinion about a particular song correctly, you might not mind so much. :)

That's my relatively cranky opinion right now as well.

I'm pissed they've
apparently given up on Unknown Caller.

yes. this is the first time since the acoustic encore on vertigo that i've been quite happy to not be at a show. sure, i'd have enjoyed the parts i like a lot, but a big one of those is gone and there are more parts that i cannot abide now.

at least we got to see it in chicago. you have to question their judgement, it was one of the best live songs, it went across really well, the audience got into it...i just don't see how of all songs, they'd drop unknown caller.

all i can add is i think tonight's setlist is a joke. i don't like the latest trend they've adopted.

it's bad enough they cancelled raleigh on popmart. to then turn around and give them that setlist...it's a bit bloody mean!
Agreed. What's up with that line of thinking?

somebody must have had a lobotomy.

I feel very happy to have gone to 6 Vertigo shows and not gotten the acoustic encore at any of them!

I was happy to hear Stay in Chicago, don't get me wrong, but in general, I don't think the little acoustic bits work well with a stadium show. At least they just do two songs in that style.

'Night, martha!

I emailed the hotel in Chicago and asked for specifics about the pillows they have in the rooms - I must have some of my very own. I hate my pillows.

I feel very happy to have gone to 6 Vertigo shows and not gotten the acoustic encore at any of them!

I was happy to hear Stay in Chicago, don't get me wrong, but in general, I don't think the little acoustic bits work well with a stadium show. At least they just do two songs in that style.

two vertigo shows and i think i only heard one acoustic song.

oh, stay was one of my personal highlights! i don't mind the odd acoustic song, but usually the songs they pick to play acoustically correspond to some of their songs i like the least, which was the case on vertigo!

Kittys that hog the bed :madwife: My kitty is six pounds and still manages to find a spot right next to me where I can't move.

I was disappointed I missed Stay the second night in Chicago. U2 could play that song accoustic in a backyard alley and I'd love every second of it. I adore that song to pieces.

it's bad enough they cancelled raleigh on popmart. to then turn around and give them that setlist...it's a bit bloody mean!

This sounds like something that belongs in EYKIW, and I do hope you were being sarcastic. Mean how, exactly? Perhaps for us, but I'm sure the majority of people in that stadium that are casual U2 fans thought it was an absolutely fantastic show. Especially since most of them had no idea what would be played tonight. :shrug:

My kitty barely even sleeps on the bed when I'm there. Sometimes I'll wake up in the middle of the night and she'll be there, but as soon as I roll over to pet her, she runs away. :(

Back
Top Bottom