Shuttlecock XXVI: There is no Boner only ZUUL!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You know, I think WOWY sung in a weary, broken way would work. I don't know if this is what Ze Bono is going for on this tour, but if he is, he's failing. He just sounds bored.

Random thought:

Fuck me does Bono sound amazing on the current performances of Ultraviolet! Upon further review, better than he did during ZooTV (that's the officially recognized conclusion, by the way :wink: ). He's singing that song like he's got something to prove.

Related thought:
It's a shame he can't sustain that effort into the next song.

agree. it and the unforgettable fire are being played as though the whole band are regretting having left them unplayed for so long, ultraviolet in particular, even if the edge isn't playing it like he did in 1993.

meanwhile the next song sounds like they wish they hadn't been playing it for the last 22 years.

Holy shit - setlist shake-up!

1. Magnificent
2. No Line On The Horizon
3. Get On Your Boots
4. Mysterious Ways

So Hedge wasn't lying about wanting to mix it up here and there. Good thing Boner didn't mention it, or it never would have happened.

I'm gonna post this in many threads and my blog, cos it's a big deal to me and all:

Today was my last day at work. 2.5 years at the BTN, 14 years in the cable TV business.

Big and exciting things ahead, but an emotional day for me. We had a going away party and it all felt so surreal. It was bittersweet, to say the least.

That is all.

I'm gonna post this in many threads and my blog, cos it's a big deal to me and all:

Today was my last day at work. 2.5 years at the BTN, 14 years in the cable TV business.

Big and exciting things ahead, but an emotional day for me. We had a going away party and it all felt so surreal. It was bittersweet, to say the least.

That is all.
good luck with the changes you're making.

Ch-ch-ch-changes...

When you do head out west?

And what happened with Bruce last night? I saw you made reference to it yesterday.

Had a minor health situation pop up, it's remedied already.

I hit the road Thursday afternoon....hoping to push hard that day so I can make it to the Badlands the next day.

good luck with the changes you're making.

Thanks, Ian. I know you relate to some of this chaos. :)

Congrats on the end of one chapter, Mike. Here's to a great beginning to a new one!

Sorry you had to miss Bruce, but glad your health thingie is fixed.

Edited for late-breaking Boner news:

Word on the internetz is that Bono sang the first two lines of Mofo before COBL.

Didn't know you ended up having to miss the concert, NSW, sorry to hear that. Good luck on all the packing and then driving in the next couple days.

Any inclusion, or reference to, my screen name in a concert pleases me.

Didn't know you ended up having to miss the concert, NSW, sorry to hear that. Good luck on all the packing and then driving in the next couple days.

Any inclusion, or reference to, my screen name in a concert pleases me.

Thanks. The packing will be handled by the moving company, but all the driving will be done by me. I'm looking forward to a few days on the road, especially in states all new to me.

I will be stopping in SLC for a night, my last stop before the big push to the Bay Area. I'll text you when I arrive...if you want to grab dinner or something, that would be great....but understood if not.

I will be stopping in SLC for a night, my last stop before the big push to the Bay Area. I'll text you when I arrive...if you want to grab dinner or something, that would be great....but understood if not.

Awesome! What night are you shooting for?

Awesome! What night are you shooting for?

Not sure yet....depends on how much I push between stops....I'll keep you updated and if you're free, great. Also, let me know if you have hotel advice, please.

Well shit. It seems as though I waited too long to offer road trip advice.

Me=Loser.

I have not left yet. I leave Thursday. Fargo, Badlands, Rushmore, Tetons, Yellowstone, Billings and SLC are all stops. Any advice along that route is welcome and encouraged. Send it to me via PM or on the FB, please.

Huh.

Not only was Breathe not the opener tonight, they didn't even play it! What's up with that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom