Shuttlecock XXVI: There is no Boner only ZUUL!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
April, did you get the special sekrit Facebook message I sent you that may or may not have had links to the first Chicago show mp3s? :flirt:

Oops, never mind - I can see sent files in Facebook.

I've only seen two Chicago 9/12 boots show up online, and I think this one is the better-sounding of the two:

Part 1: http://www.mega up load.com/?d=1NA2T31Q

Part 2: http://www.mega up load.com/?d=SMA6QHV4

Ditch the spaces, etc etc etc.

I can't believe you weren't sporting your normal Toronto attire, Elfaz.

Toronto_Leafs-407x319.jpg

If I had any photoshop skills, you'd be sitting in front of the crab in that picture.

April, did you get the special sekrit Facebook message I sent you that may or may not have had links to the first Chicago show mp3s? :flirt:

I did, but facebook is a whore so I couldn't respond until this afternoon. :angry:

I still need to upload the "46" pics and video clips. :fail:

I can't believe you weren't sporting your normal Toronto attire, Elfaz.

Toronto_Leafs-407x319.jpg

If I had any photoshop skills, you'd be sitting in front of the crab in that picture.

Just wait til Sicy gets a look at this... :p

yeah, yeah, can't wait...

Also that newscast above has the obligatory smarmy newscaster pun "It's a Beautiful Day for U2 fans" and the one guy gets one of their names wrong; "Larry Mullins Jr"

Edward R. Murrow Award, here we come....

I listened to the radio broadcast of the Sheffield show this morning on the way to work. It made me happy.

I have the second half of it for the bus ride home. It will make me happy then, too.

Also that newscast above has the obligatory smarmy newscaster pun "It's a Beautiful Day for U2 fans" and the one guy gets one of their names wrong; "Larry Mullins Jr"

How about, "Looks like we found some fans that HAVE found what they are looking for?" Or, "Hello, Hello!" Or, ...umm....I'm out. I'm sure there's more. Oh - "Here we have some concert goers that are WIDE AWAKE!"

:doh:

In the process of packing I found out that apparently I have a video of the Detroit Popmart show. I also still have a bumper sticker with "Zoo Tv - WRIF" on it from the radio station that was at the Outside Broadcase show I was at.

How about, "Looks like we found some fans that HAVE found what they are looking for?" Or, "Hello, Hello!" Or, ...umm....I'm out. I'm sure there's more. Oh - "Here we have some concert goers that are WIDE AWAKE!"

I have a friend who, whenever I or anyone else brought up that I was going to see U2, he'd do the fake Irish accent and say "'Allo, 'allo, April!" It sounds annoying but it was actually funny. Ok, just the first five times (and that's a Stars song and now I'm completely off topic so I'll go now).

I have a friend who, whenever I or anyone else brought up that I was going to see U2, he'd do the fake Irish accent and say "'Allo, 'allo, April!" It sounds annoying but it was actually funny. Ok, just the first five times (and that's a Stars song and now I'm completely off topic so I'll go now).

When there's nothing left to burn, you have to set yourself on fire.

Have you heard some of the other boots from the Europe tour, Diemen? There are a good number of boots that sound even better than that one.

I've got the Milan boot and that's it. I'm just surprised at how good this is for an audience recording, but then I'm not a big boot collector, so there's that.

There are, like, 4 versions of the radio broadcast: Q Radio, U2.com, Hallam and Radio Forth. I think the Hallam and Raio Forth are the best, and I couldn't tell much difference between those two.

There's an audience version of opening night in Barcelona that is stunningly good - edomedo (sp?) was the taper.

Dublin 3 is also very good - I think just the one recording has surfaced so far.

Milan (neumann's version) is the other one I had heard was really good.

The encore isn't that long - only three songs.

We got the standard show last night, no Your Blue Room, which was disappointing. But hearing The Unforgettable Fire and Ultraviolet was awesome.

The stage setup is immense. Even showing up late, we were still able to get fairly close on the field. From a production standpoint, it was fantastic. Obviously, I'd like more than a basic set list, but that's to be expected at this point. That's why I personally can't bring myself to go to more than one show on a multi-night stand, because I know there won't be much change in the songs - watch them bring back YBR now. However, I'm there again next year if it happens.

The energy of the crowd was off the charts. The whole place was really rocking out, which produced a great atmosphere. 'Twas a good time overall.

you do raise a good point re: first night vs second/both. you have to decide if a few different songs is worth the second ticket. my experience always says yes, though.

Random thought:

Fuck me does Bono sound amazing on the current performances of Ultraviolet! Upon further review, better than he did during ZooTV (that's the officially recognized conclusion, by the way :wink: ). He's singing that song like he's got something to prove.

Related thought:
It's a shame he can't sustain that effort into the next song.

Vegas 1 sucked; Vegas 2 rocked last tour.

The reason I asked about the encores: my sweet sexy lovemonkey is dropping me off and picking me up from the Rose Bowl on the bike. It takes 45 minutes in decent traffic to get from my house (my house) to the Rose Bowl. (We live that far away from it.) So, I'll need to text him when there's an hour to 45 minutes left of the show so he can leave home to come and get me.

I haven't looked at setlists too much on purpose, so I needed to know how long the encores were.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom