Shuttlecock XXIX: You Snooze, You Get a Boring Thread Title

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
is anyone else totally sick of hearing about "freedom" everytime our troops are mentioned? i'd buy into supporting the troops a lot more if people said "support our troops because they're putting their lives in danger" or something like that.

no disrespect to the troops or anything....i'm just so sick of the F word.

cori, just wanted to say thanks for the heads up about our u2.com codes not having been used up for Vegas. I managed to get a Seattle GA with no problem this morning with my old code!

is anyone else totally sick of hearing about "freedom" everytime our troops are mentioned? i'd buy into supporting the troops a lot more if people said "support our troops because they're putting their lives in danger" or something like that.

I just saw recently the funeral of the recent five killed there, and it was so heartbreaking to watch. 18 years old/30 years old/fathers and sons, etc...

heartbreaking.....:sad::sad::sad::sad:

I just saw recently the funeral of the recent five killed there, and it was so heartbreaking to watch. 18 years old/30 years old/fathers and sons, etc...

heartbreaking.....:sad::sad::sad::sad:

absolutely. i just worry that a lot of these kids are getting themselves into something way over their head. leading up to the Iraq war, there was a kid i worked with that was joining the army because he thought that blowing up people would be cool.

Im sure many in their heart want to join, and dont think as childishly as that.

Ive met Paratroopers here who, even thou been in army for years, talked and sounded real up themselves when mentioning about 'beating the fukers here' - during time of our troubles.

bitter I think, they were stuck in our country.

cori, just wanted to say thanks for the heads up about our u2.com codes not having been used up for Vegas. I managed to get a Seattle GA with no problem this morning with my old code!

:hi5:

I saw a bus this morning with a 360 ad on the side of it. It made me happy.

driving to chicago i saw official signs along the interstate saying it was a symbol of freedom.

my eyes rolled so hard.

Sorry that you are in need of Sudafed, Martha. I've been sick since Saturday. :down:

Denver is so tempting for me. Maybe I'll wait til the night before and get my ticket then like I did for Las Vegas... :wink:

I think Minneapolis is ALWAYS perfect!

I would think that the TCF bank stadium would be a great (small though) venue.

If Minneapolis/Madison/Green Bay does not happen, we will be in for Denver.

is there actually still hope that one of those cities will happen?

I haven't watched South Park at all the last 2 years (which is odd, as I think I've seen every episode up until that point), but I highly enjoy that clip for a number of reasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom