Shuttlecock XXIX: You Snooze, You Get a Boring Thread Title

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So I might be taking my parents to their first U2 concert in Minneapolis. :lol:

I can't believe they said they wanted to go! I warned them - it'll be late, it'll be loud, you'll be standing a long time. They even sounded excited!

So I think I'll be buying a handful of cheap seats instead of a GA. Or maybe I'll still get a GA and trade it, or sell it or something.

:lol:

Right now that's my determining factor, as in, I'm trying to be a bit better with it as student loans will be kicking in next fall.

I'm trying to decide if I want a great seat or GA for East Lansing. I have until 10am tomorrow to decide. :somuchpressure: I just automatically hit GA whenever I buy U2 tickets, though... I'm sure if I change my mind it won't be hard to trade it for an awesome seat. I kind of wanna see the Claw in action.

LMPA, you could avoid having to make any future Facebook updates if you just changed your status to "likely going to a concert that will make Trevor jealous", as that seems to be the case with 95% of your updates.

:fist:

Might as well post this here, too:

Dear people coming out of nowhere today,

Thank you for your kind e-mails, text messages, and e-mails. I have but one question for everyone: Do I look like I'm in or with the band in some capacity? I may have a goatee, but I'm not Edge. I may have a pot belly, but I'm not Bono. I may look serious, but I'm not Larry. And I may have a...well it's personal anatomy, but I'm not Adam.

That is all.

Sincerely,

BoMac

LMPA, you could avoid having to make any future Facebook updates if you just changed your status to "likely going to a concert that will make Trevor jealous", as that seems to be the case with 95% of your updates.

:fist:

:uhoh:

You could come to East Lansing, you know. That is if you're not traipsing around Australia or something. :wink:

Is everyone bugging you about tickets? Ha.

I've already gotten a text from a friend letting me know tickets go on sale next Monday :giggle: :cute:

yeah, whats up with that Montreal presale?

On the other hand, I mean really, who wants to go to East Lansing? :wink:

:angry:

People from Ohio who didn't get a show, that's who! :shakesfist:

The idea of the Montreal show sounds really really cool and all, but so far it's seemed like nothing but a huge cluster to me, from the fact that they didn't even know where they were going to play at first, and this presale only cements that fact. So sue me, I like things easy (or as easy as they can be) when it comes to U2.:p :shrug:

Whatever. You're going to be missing out big time, April, and I don't just mean the concert. I mean, the overall experience. The plan right now is to go bar-hopping on Saturday night, for example, preceded by a fireworks from atop a downtown bridge, and whatever else is going on that weekend.

They always knew where they were going to play, they just needed to iron out the details. Just the fact that all of this is being done shows what the band thinks of playing in Montreal.

:shrug:

I refuse to go simply to deny BoMac more commission money :tsk:

Also, I said this in the thread but considering how fucked up the planning and presale has gone so far (admittedly because it's been rushed) can you imagine what the GA line will be like?

No thanks.

So now the Minneapolis concert is turning into a family affair! My parents, my step- brother and maybe his wife, and hopefully my step-sister as well. Cori's Wisconsin contingent represent!

Now, of course, there are too many people to try and crash in the RV, so hotel rooms will have to come into the mix. :grumpy:

Also, we had a nice surprise on our desks at work this morning. A little CD sampler of Starbucks & (RED) exclusives, and it's got U2's "I Believe In Father Christmas" on it. Yay!

If I understand correctly, it looks like it'll be free with any minimum $15 purchase at participating stores through the holidays ... although I'm not sure when that starts.

so my brother, who works for the U of MN, gets his own special pre-sale today around noon. the concert will be on his 1-year wedding anniversary.

it's not unlikely that Memphis and i will be in MSP that weekend.

so i officially have two tickets for MSP. no guarantee that we'll be able to go, but i bet the odds are better than 50%.

just sayin' and junk.

Huh. I guess I'm not getting a GA for Minneapolis. That old code that was still showing active on the site? Gone.

Alas.

Edit: I AM A MORON. I wasn't logged in! :lol:

Yeah, I got my GA for Minneapolis. It very well may be an extra ticket to swap or sell later, but at least now I have a back-up in case I can't get all the cheap seats I'll need.

I can always leave my family in the cheap seats and party in GA (how mean!), or at the very, very least, if I can't get the seats, at least I can still go. /evil child

Yeah, I got my GA for Minneapolis. It very well may be an extra ticket to swap or sell later, but at least now I have a back-up in case I can't get all the cheap seats I'll need.

I can always leave my family in the cheap seats and party in GA (how mean!), or at the very, very least, if I can't get the seats, at least I can still go. /evil child

At least you're taking your family - I took my mom to see U23D just so I wouldn't have to worry about her wanting me to take her to see them when they came back here. :whistle:

A co-worker just sent me an email - she's a State alum and their presale is tomorrow night.

I'm really curious to see if my parents are entertained by the concert, or if they'll just find the whole thing loud and annoying. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom