Shuttlecock XXIV: Making the Kessel Run in less than 12 parsecs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Serious, it's crazy how the majority of the present posters don't get it. Lemonade Stand was originally nothing but all of those types of posts.

Meeeemorieeees

I'm very much glad that I missed that period of time, to be honest. I'm glad that you and Zoney remember it so fondly, but, every time the good old days are explained to me, I sort of cringe. Maybe we need an oldtimers only thread.

I'm very much glad that I missed that period of time, to be honest. I'm glad that you and Zoney remember it so fondly, but, every time the good old days are explained to me, I sort of cringe. Maybe we need an oldtimers only thread.
agreed. i will admit i do miss some of the old days, just because the dynamic of the forums as a whole were different a few years ago. but i do not miss having ten times the number of mindless threads.

though now they've been replaced by even more mindless threads. but that's probably more than i should say.

I'm sure there are plenty of posters, old and new, that cannot fucking stand me, YLB, Laz, Lance, and the rest of the traveling circus. I get that the site has ups and downs and whatnot. For me, if/when the site gets to a point where I'm pining for the old days, it's time to stop using the site, cos the good old days should be reserved for real life exploits, not fan sites.

I'm sure there are plenty of posters, old and new, that cannot fucking stand me, YLB, Laz, Lance, and the rest of the traveling circus. I get that the site has ups and downs and whatnot. For me, if/when the site gets to a point where I'm pining for the old days, it's time to stop using the site, cos the good old days should be reserved for real life exploits, not fan sites.
agreed.

NSW appreciates me for my glass half-full look at life.

Dude, sometimes things just suck, this I know and certainly live by.

But, when your team wins a game on a fucking triple play and all you can think to do is talk shit about the guy that turned it and the manager that helped you win a World Series last year, yeah, your outlook is a tad fucked up. Sports should be a source of fun and occasional joy. When you take those moments of joy, especially historic ones, and twist them, you're doing yourself an insane disservice.

I know you are kidding, Diemen, and that she was agreeing with the latter of my post....but the earlier part is obviously true, too. I'm sure you know that I don't care, it is what it is, but I'm not delusional or anything...I know that I annoy the fuck out of some people and I know that Laz and Impy, etc, are not immune from evoking the same sort of feelings in people. They don't much care either.

I know you are kidding, Diemen, and that she was agreeing with the latter of my post....but the earlier part is obviously true, too. I'm sure you know that I don't care, it is what it is, but I'm not delusional or anything...I know that I annoy the fuck out of some people and I know that Laz and Impy, etc, are not immune from evoking the same sort of feelings in people. They don't much care either.
jesus christ. you're saying you can't make everyone like you? i'm not used to seeing such common sense on a computer screen.

For some reason I was just reminded of a line from Singin' in the Rain that goes something like

"She's so spectacular... I'll just kill myself."

Interference's IQ just went up a few points with that post, Mike. Better post something ridiculous to even things out.

jesus christ. you're saying you can't make everyone like you? i'm not used to seeing such common sense on a computer screen.

Who the fuck wants everyone to like them? Ugh. Even if I could "make" people like me, I'd not waste the effort. You like me or you don't. :shrug: I know we're agreeing, so don't take this post for anything but me making further comments off of my original point, sorry.

For some reason I was just reminded of a line from Singin' in the Rain that goes something like

"She's so spectacular... I'll just kill myself."

I've never fucking seen that movie. I really suck with films from before 1960.

:lol: thanks diemen! :grumpy:

and for the record, i obviously have no problem with any of you guys. though i think anyone would be naive in thinking they're universally loved on this site. everyone on here (save for some lurkers and newbies) has someone else here that doesn't like them. i know there's people on here who hate me, but whatever. that's life. not sure what my point is, but there you go.

There's an Oasis fanny on this forum that drives me nuts, but I'm ok with pretty much everyone else.

I'm not really sure why people think it's in the wrong to still like people who used to post on here a lot, but hey, I like people. :shrug:

Who the fuck wants everyone to like them? Ugh. Even if I could "make" people like me, I'd not waste the effort. You like me or you don't. :shrug: I know we're agreeing, so don't take this post for anything but me making further comments off of my original point, sorry.

oh, i understand exactly what you mean. you just have to do what you do and if people don't like it, tough. there's no point changing who you are or pretending to be someone else to win appreciation from someone who probably isn't worth it anyway.

Back
Top Bottom