Shuttlecock XXIV: Making the Kessel Run in less than 12 parsecs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I love how that posts starts about Bono's pants, and then there's an interjection about I Love You, Man, and then it's back to the pants again. And the balls.

It Might Get Loud opens in Seattle on my birthday (this Friday). I don't know when I'll get to see it, though - my social calendar is packed to the gills these next few weeks.

I have no idea how that happened, as I never go anywhere.

In case I forget later (which is entirely possible), Happy birthday, Cori :)

Take the Male Acquaintance. It'll impress him that you're even cooler than he thought.

He'll just think I'm trying to convert him into a U2 fan, and I already promised I wouldn't force it on him.

Although he does owe me one since I found out about the Pete Yorn in-store appearance, thus allowing him to meet his favorite singing dude. :hmm:

In case I forget later (which is entirely possible), Happy birthday, Cori :)

Ha! Thanks. Early birthday wishes are always accepted. ;)

Don't get me wrong, he's probably my favorite guitarist of the 3, and I LOVE all 3. I just meant most people are going to focus on the other two, which should be good if you're trying to talk people into going. It doesn't come to Utah until next month, and we have a group of 4 people planning to go already. :up:

I'm drinking some new Diet Mt. Dew flavor called "Ultra Violet", and imagining some sort of TV commercial for it incorporating the song. Ultraviolet Deeeeew

It's hard not to laugh when you receive a junk mail to your work email entitled "Let's teach ugly bitch!"

Our musicians' network at work is putting on another concert in October, and one of my friends decided he was going to put together a band to back me up, because he wanted to do something with me again. I gave him a list of stuff I thought would be fun to do, and had him pick the ones he liked best.

The results:

Garbage - Only Happy When It Rains
Liz Phair - Extraordinary
Rilo Kiley - Portions For Foxes
Girls Aloud - Teenage Dirtbag

I am so ridiculously excited that he liked Teenage Dirtbag - I think it's just the funnest thing ever to sing. I'm also thrilled he dug the Rilo Kiley song - that'll be good as well.

:rockon:

Cheryl's delivery of "His girlfriend's a bitch, she has an attitude and she'd simply kick my ass if she knew the truth" is probably one of my 100 favorite moments in Aloud history.

Portions for Foxes is a great song, too.

I love finding out that the $241 doctor's bill you thought you had to pay is wrong.

Incorrect billing FTW!

I would now like to be a braggart about the September I have ahead of me:

Sept 1 - Modest Mouse
Sept 12 - U2
Sept 13 - U2
Sept 19 - Built to Spill
Sept 28 - Pearl Jam

Bad news wise, the U2 / Muse show in Atlanta is definitely off, my friend moved to DC this last weekend. Rest of his fam is going to move there next month.

:up:

I'm seeing/I've seen more concerts in a small timeframe than I have in two years' time.

Aug 19 - Pete Yorn
Aug 20 - Pete Yorn
Aug 21 - Flaming Lips
Sept 12 - U2
Sept 13 - U2
Sept 22 - Pearl Jam

I'm ridiculously excited about all of this. I feel so ... so ... social! :cute:

You all sicken me.

White Rabbits and The Walkmen played a free show at my school a couple of nights ago. I thought The Walkmen were alright, and I was familiar with some of their tracks, but White Rabbits were really fucking good. They had this second drummer who was going absolutely bonkers on his little bongo drumset. Kind of like Liars, only if they didn't suck.

Note to self: do not try to sign onto the blue crack from the BlackBerry.

Back
Top Bottom