Shuttlecock XXIV: Making the Kessel Run in less than 12 parsecs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Please tell me it's Ernie.

Your little girl is beyond cute, Dalton. Don't show GAF.

Dalton, that child is insanely cute. Well done! (I love that I can say that and mean it and still feel no messages of panic from my ovaries. Score!)

I'm really surprised I'm not more excited for the show itself as well. I'm more excited about meeting people at the moment, although I fully expect that I'll get super excited as it gets a bit closer, or will go into the show with these lowered expectations, and then be really happy when it looks and sounds awesome.

I'm kind of with NSW on Elevation. I don't mind it, but it is a bit disappointing that it's been given yet another go-round on tour. Come on, guys.

So Flaming Lips tonight, yay. Pete Yorn two nights in a row, and that was fun. I need to get more of his CDs, because I think there was maybe one song he played between both nights that I didn't care for.

And guys, let's face it - if someone as hugely famous as Pete Yorn can play two shows and completely mix up that setlist ... why not U2?

I also got about a bazillion points with the boy yesterday. I left work early not feeling well, so took a non-express bus, which took me past Easy Street ... which was advertising an in-store performance/signing with Pete Yorn at 6 that night. The boy had not been aware of it, and left work early to get there. Got a picture, got his CD signed, is a happy guy.

Had I not felt sick, I would have left at my usual time, and completely missed knowing about it. So score for me.

I'm so stinking exhausted, though. I took a nap, but am hoping I find a second or third wind before the show tonight. I don't know that I've ever done three concerts in three nights before. I'm too old for this. At least we got to sit down for the Petey concerts. The boy has a bad back, so we got there early enough to snag one of the tables in the bar area.

Anyway, I'm rambling. I need to start getting my crap together to schlep to the east side. Argh.

Oh, and LMP - congrats on the start of your college career! Very exciting. :)

Thank you. Great to hear that you're doing well with The Boy. I'll have to capitalize his name now. I'm sure you'll have a blast at The Flaming Lips tonight, too.

Going stag?

Ayup! I just bought one ticket - it didn't occur to me to buy a second in case I would find myself a concert-going mate in the in-between time. Oh well.

Great to hear that you're doing well with The Boy.

Thanks. :) We're getting along swimmingly. We'll see if he still likes me after he meets all my singing friends next weekend at my annual birthday karaokefest and sees just how obnoxious and loud I can be we are.

Thanks. :) We're getting along swimmingly. We'll see if he still likes me after he meets all my singing friends next weekend at my annual birthday karaokefest and sees just how obnoxious and loud I can be we are.

Tell me about it. I just couldn't get you to shut. up. the entire night last May.

Gosh!

;)

GA is fine in a small venue, a tiny one. But anything larger than 3000 people, screw it.

i'm doing ga in a pretty small venue next saturday, but there is no band i love enough to go ga for (ha) in anything bigger than a club.

especially when i see reports of people lined up at cardiff at 6am. i appreciate your dedication, but holy shit. you're sitting in the queue 14+ hours before the show even starts! no band is worth that, in my mind.

I have a U2 song stuck in my head, but I can't remember the name of it. And when I do I'm going to feel really stupid.

ETA: Red Hill Mining Town :der: I always get that song stuck in my head and I don't even like it.

Back
Top Bottom