Shuttlecock XXIV: Making the Kessel Run in less than 12 parsecs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
yep. disappearing act is going to be very cool. good job U2. sounds like they're really into getting the new album out too.

There are some days when I am just completely irritated by everything and everybody, and I loathe my job.

Note to self: buy all the lottery tickets. Win. Quit job.

I can't go into that thread. The typo in the title scares me too much.

And holy jesus god, what the shit is this????

littleold.jpg

Uhhh, yeah, that Disappearing Act song sounds like it could be excellent based on the little 30 second clip.

:uhoh:

Why?
How did you know she had sandpaper hands? Were you trippin' too?

Ok, here's the story:

I got to Dead Weather pretty early with my friends. The venue they were playing at is an "all GA" type place, but they do actually have a select number of first come first serve seats. The seats, in my opinion, are actually the best spot to see the show for the venue, as you can see over everyone's heads, and see the stage perfectly. We were early enough to grab seats, and had been sitting there since they opened the doors.

I got up after the opener to go to the restroom, my friends said they'd save my seat. I was gone no longer than 3 minutes, and came back to see some girl sitting in my seat and 2 or 3 other people all standing around her. My friends saw me, and told me that she said she'd leave when I got back. No big deal, it was nice to stand up for a second. After I'd been standing there for a few minutes, I began to notice something was off. She was acting super weird, mega touchy-feely to everyone she was talking to, she was all over in her seat the entire time, and was acting like she had no idea I was there or that my friends were all trying to get her attention so she'd get out of the seat. I then noticed her groping one of the girls she was talking with in numerous R-rated locations. My friends then told me about the uber- bizarre conversation they'd had with her when they told her the seat was saved, apparently she kept saying she was scared that one of my friends was going to hit her and was being threatening, all he said was "Our friend is sitting there, he just went to the restroom and will be back in a few minutes".

I stood there for another 10 mins or so waiting and not really caring she was sitting there yet, and the show started up, she leans over to one of my friends and says "I'm not going to move". He tells me what she said, so I was waiting until in between a song to "discuss" this with her. There was no break between the first and second song, so I'm standing there annoyed. The girl is half falling out of the seat by now, and finally stands up and tries to pull her friend into the spot in front of the chair so they can dance. She was trying to push the chair back, but I was standing behind it and wouldn't let it budge. After trying for 2 minutes, she finally figured out I was the one not letting it move, and asked me if they could scoot it back so they could dance. This was all during a song, so I pretty much just said something simple like "This is my seat, I've been standing here for 15 minutes since I got back from the bathroom waiting for you to give it back to me". She acts like she was shocked, and says "Oh, I'm sorry, this was your seat?!" She then leaned in, I thought she was just going to try to say something since it was so loud, instead she kept closing the distance and kissed me. It was the last thing I was expecting, so I just stood there with a weird look on my face. Then she moved out of the way so I could sit down, and proceeded to try to high five me. One high five wasn't enough, so she came back a minute later to give me another high five. Both times, her hands seriously felt like she could sand the rough edges off of a 2x4.

She and her girlfriend then danced highly inappropriately (with lots of groping and over the top PDA) feet from me for the entirety of the show.

While it was weird at the time, it's pretty funny in retrospect, and my friends got some major laughs out of the whole thing.

I'm glad at least a few people still call me mofo

Yet another reason to avoid Jack White like the plague :up:

I tried to like The White Stripes and I gave The Raconteurs a shot. Something about the dude rubs me the wrong way. :shrug: Can't explain it.

There's your first mistake: you can't "try" to like anything, whether it's food, sports, or music - you either do or you don't. That being said, sometimes if you don't like something initially, give it some time, go back to it later, and you may have a new appreciation for it. Or you won't.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom