Shuttlecock XXIII: Shit Pants, Move to Trash

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:lol:

By the way, thanks for letting me bitch and moan about it so much this week here. You may have all been thinking "god, shut UP!" but you didn't say it, and I appreciate it. :wink:

Today should be (knock on wood) the last day over 90. It'll be near 90 the next few days (depending on which channel's forecast I see), but hey, that's still 10 degrees cooler at least. Plus, low temps are dipping back into the 60s. Thank Bobo!

Cori - the heat is all anyone's talking about here as well. Yesterday was the hottest day EVER on record. It's pure craziness. I'm so glad I live in a basement suite, but it has still been like a freaking sauna in my apartment this week. My fans do help a lot, but I'm not in need of AC just yet...

The weather people keep changing their minds about how hot it's gonna be in the next little while, so I've stopped listening. I'm determined not to complain about the heat, because it's sure as hell a lot better than rain or snow. :D

My sistah in oppressive heat! :hi5:

I would glady take rain right now. There were some pretty severe storms that passed through the counties north of Seattle last night (flash floods, damaging hail - hey, more unusual weather!). I figure the weather gods owe me a nice dramatic thunderstorm to make up for this nonsense.

My apartment definitely gets hot once it gets over 80, but nothing like this. At least over 80 the bedroom stays reasonably cool and the living room is just annoyingly hot for a few hours until the sun goes down.

But anyway ...

This weekend is the big annual SeaFair thingamabob, so the Blue Angels are doing their practice runs today. We'll hear them go by and run to the windows, but once you've heard them, you've already missed them. It's kind of neat, though. Good and loud excitement for an hour or so.

My sistah in oppressive heat! :hi5:

I would glady take rain right now. There were some pretty severe storms that passed through the counties north of Seattle last night (flash floods, damaging hail - hey, more unusual weather!). I figure the weather gods owe me a nice dramatic thunderstorm to make up for this nonsense.

My apartment definitely gets hot once it gets over 80, but nothing like this. At least over 80 the bedroom stays reasonably cool and the living room is just annoyingly hot for a few hours until the sun goes down.

But anyway ...

This weekend is the big annual SeaFair thingamabob, so the Blue Angels are doing their practice runs today. We'll hear them go by and run to the windows, but once you've heard them, you've already missed them. It's kind of neat, though. Good and loud excitement for an hour or so.

:hi5:

We had a MASSIVE thunder & lightning storm on Saturday night. It was insane - went on for probably 6 hours or so - the longest I've ever seen/heard. I got some good pictures and a video up on Facebook, but they don't even do justice to how cool it looked.

Oooh yes, SeaFair! I had thought about coming for the weekend, as we get Monday off, but most of my Seattle-area friends and family are busy or away for the weekend, and I'm coming down in 2 weeks anyway. The summers I lived in Seattle I always loved seeing the planes, etc.

We had a MASSIVE thunder & lightning storm on Saturday night. It was insane - went on for probably 6 hours or so - the longest I've ever seen/heard.

:grumpy:

<----insanely jealous

I've never been too gung-ho about the SeaFair stuff because the events don't interest me enough to brave the traffic and insane crowds.

Bird drama!

I live in the 'burbs, but only a few miles from a Naval weapons station that's also a wildlife preserve. Now and then coyotes come and eat a cat or two (never Jake, knock on his woody skull), but we go get golden eagles, vultures, and other bitchin' birds hanging around.

Today and yesterday, our backyard was swarming with little birds, your average little bird that Jake can catch and eat in the hallway overnight. Both days, suddenly, they took off in a swarm, chattering and yelling. Well, a falcon (I think) was hanging around! Yesterday when we saw him on the wire in our neighbor's back yard, he had one of the little birds in his talons. Today, he was on our wire and then he flew to the top of the tree where the birds were hiding and chattering. The catbirds and hummingbirds got in on the chattering this morning. We got to watch him for a good long time before he flew away, empty-taloned.

It was way cool!

Well this is fucked up.

So I got an email from Orbitz.com about my Chicago flight/hotel package for the show, saying that the airline had made significant changes to my flights.

Originally I was flying back from Midway to SLC, then back to Oakland. Now, this is my return flight itinerary. See if you can spot the discrepancy:

Sun, Sep 13, 2009
Departs 5:35pm, Arrives 8:33pm
Delta Air Lines 2099
Chicago, IL to Atlanta, GA

Sun, Sep 13, 2009
Departs 9:45pm, Arrives 11:46pm
Delta Air Lines 1835
Atlanta, GA to Salt Lake City, UT

Sun, Sep 13, 2009
Departs 7:35pm, Arrives 8:38pm
Delta Air Lines 1643
Salt Lake City, UT to Oakland, CA.

I'm on hold right now as they're trying to sort this out.

Fun times! :happy:

Or by going to Chicago/The Center of Utahn Justice/Atlanta, Germany, you're crossing the streams.

Oakland's going to be fucked up by the time you arrive.

I will happily pay more for airline tickets if it means nonstop or only one stop. More than one stop, and I will say "no thank you" and then "good DAY, sir."

This talk about airline trips to Chicago reminds me I need to schedule one.

:happy:

:|

Chicago airports are a nightmare. A cold, colorless, frantic nightmare.

But the city raised me and has a cool baseball team, so she gets a break from me.

I hate having to go through O'Hare when I'm going to Wisconsin. My flights into my hometown were always getting cancelled. So now I fly on Midwest into Milwaukee or on Northwest through Minneapolis.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom