Shuttlecock XXIII: Shit Pants, Move to Trash

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Is your name Khan?

000395_43.jpg

IS IT?

It's OK. I can't fault you for just assuming I hate everything. Since that's usually the case.

I similarly have never understood people who live in Northern Utah and then complain all winter long about snow and cold. Their license plate reads "Greatest Snow On Earth", and they act as if they're shocked when it snows.

That said, I still complain all summer long about the sun being a huge douche and making everything hot all the time.
The first part: qft. I hate the snow.

I hate the desert summer, too. Fuck Utah weather.

train-wreck.jpg

Lance, I'm yelling your name out of the car when I drive through the south end of Ocean City next week. Hopefully, somewhere, a chill will run down your spine, and you'll know that you have heard the voice of PFan.

Lance, I'm yelling your name out of the car when I drive through the south end of Ocean City next week. Hopefully, somewhere, a chill will run down your spine, and you'll know that you have heard the voice of PFan.

If not, his Vietnamese pot-smokin' buddy will.

Wow, I love how he's actually Vietnamese now in the Interland. At least that would make his fetish for Oriental women all the more justified.

As for myself... well, I don't have much of an excuse in that regard.

LMP, I know the guy in your avatar isn't Billy Joel, but he looks like Billy Joel. And it cracks me up.

Wow, I love how he's actually Vietnamese now in the Interland. At least that would make his fetish for Oriental women all the more justified.

As for myself... well, I don't have much of an excuse in that regard.

Was he Vietnamese or Korean, initially?

LMP, I know the guy in your avatar isn't Billy Joel, but he looks like Billy Joel. And it cracks me up.

It's Orson Welles.

I can't find the site to order The Room. I found Tommy Wiseau's official site, but it says nothing about ordering the DVD.

ETA: never mind. Found it.

Congratulate Seattle, everyone - it's the hottest it's ever been here: 103.

The good news is that there's a breeze, and some hazy clouds have come in, thus blocking some intense sunlight for the past hour or so.

The bad news is that it's still a bazillion degrees in here. However, it was three bazillion degrees earlier, and I am now able to even be in the living room.

Anyway.

Martha - thanks for the offer, but I don't have a turntable, so vinyl would be of no use to me.

But I love the way you asked that - like "hey, do you need any vinyl? I can pick some up for you on my way there. You know, it's cool, no biggie."

I'd much rather it be very cold than very hot, because it's easier to warm up than it is to cool down.

When are they projecting the heat wave to chill out, Cori?

He's American. I just said he was a Vietnam Vet. And a hippie pot-head. /redundant

And I am illiterate.

Now he's Dennis Hopper.

When are they projecting the heat wave to chill out, Cori?

Tomorrow they're saying it'll still be in the upper 90s, so that's no good. I've heard different things from different channels' weather men, so I don't know who to believe. Last night I heard 84 on Saturday, which sounds like bliss, but earlier today I heard mid-80s on Friday, which is even better.

The best part of it cooling down is that it'll cool down overnight. Last night it was a low of 71 (which was another record for low temps), and tonight's going to be the same.

Right now the only way I can get to sleep is with the box fan in the window sucking in the outside air (which isn't that cool) and my other fan blowing directly on the bed.

Then sometime in the middle of the night, I wake up chilly and realize it's finally cooler outside than inside, so I get up and move the box fan from the window (and close the blinds) and put it in the living room, to try and cool down that area by morning.

I know this is a lot more info than anyone other than me cares about, but it's pretty much all anyone is talking about around here this week. So it's become a reflex. :)

Tomorrow they're saying it'll still be in the upper 90s, so that's no good. I've heard different things from different channels' weather men, so I don't know who to believe. Last night I heard 84 on Saturday, which sounds like bliss, but earlier today I heard mid-80s on Friday, which is even better.

The best part of it cooling down is that it'll cool down overnight. Last night it was a low of 71 (which was another record for low temps), and tonight's going to be the same.

Right now the only way I can get to sleep is with the box fan in the window sucking in the outside air (which isn't that cool) and my other fan blowing directly on the bed.

Then sometime in the middle of the night, I wake up chilly and realize it's finally cooler outside than inside, so I get up and move the box fan from the window (and close the blinds) and put it in the living room, to try and cool down that area by morning.

I know this is a lot more info than anyone other than me cares about, but it's pretty much all anyone is talking about around here this week. So it's become a reflex. :)

And the day after that, Seattle will explode.

I can't even imagine how bad the humidity would be up there and I live in Central Florida. The worst it's ever been for me was that summer when the 4 hurricanes hit and we lost power. 3-4 days in with no air conditioning, we jumped ship for a hotel by Universal, then the power came back on that day. Fantastic.

Did you consider staying someplace else?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom