Shuttlecock XXIII: Shit Pants, Move to Trash

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Electrical Storm sucks live.

Dalton says, "Oh hi Jarrod Washburn."

PFan says, "Oh hi Cliff Lee."

Phanan says, "Oh hi Victor Martinez."

The performance that I saw video for was decidedly mediocre, bordering on a snoozefest for me.

But maybe it has potential if they can completely rework it smooth out the kinks.

Essentially, there are two important guitar parts, so Bono kind of needs to play as opposed to asking the sound guy to turn his volume off.

So a good friend of mine from Wisconsin has been talking about coming out to Seattle to visit, and that's a great thing. But everytime she mentions coming out, she mentions a mutual friend of ours coming with her.

Now, me and this mutual friend were pretty tight when I lived there, because the three of us were really tight. My friend is our one connection. Once I moved out here, me and this other woman didn't stay close. I've seen her once or twice since then on visits home, but it's not like I'm dying to see her.

And my friend and our mutual friend are still very tight, even though they live in different cities now. They've gone on trips together, so the thought of them taking a trip to see me together isn't that far out of the norm. But I don't particularly need to see this other person. It's not the end of the world if she comes, it's not like I don't get along with her or dislike her or anything. I just don't consider her that close a friend anymore, and I'd be surprised if she considered me that big a friend to her, either.

I emailed my friend back and said "I'd love to see you, that would be amazing, and if Mary wants to come as well, of course she'd be more than welcome, but I haven't stayed in touch with her nearly as much as I have with you."

I hope I didn't put her out by saying that. I don't think there's a really good way to say that sort of thing.

My ears work fine. The chorus just sounds weak with only one guitar part and like synthesizer riff.

My ears work fine. The chorus just sounds weak with only one guitar part and like synthesizer riff.

i see where you're coming from, but i'm listening to the milan version and i think it's a really great performance. a bit more noise through the chorus wouldn't go astray, but i think it's overall a really good live interpretation of it.

Electric Storm really is shit.

I like the video though. It's kooky.

it's hilarious how much opinions can vary - before no line on the horizon i thought electrical storm was practically the only worthwhile song from this decade.

i've seen the video less than three times in my life. don't really have an opinion.

Well golf was fun. I absolutely and totally suck, but I loved it. :hyper:

On the way back I thought 'I'd love to hear Hold Me Thrill Me Kiss Me Kill Me live again.'

That would just rock!

in my opinion

I was holding one of them and she was really wailing....gas pains, more likely than not.....and it was difficult to not cry myself.

I don't know how parents do it, let alone parents of twins.

I was holding one of them and she was really wailing....gas pains, more likely than not.....and it was difficult to not cry myself.

Well, as someone who doesn't have kids (that I know of), I have to agree with you.

It's the hardest, yet most rewarding thing one will ever do in life, in my opinion.

You say, "WTF DO YOU WANT? I gave you the bottle. You burped. You pooped. What do you want? Go to sleep! Stop crying and go to sleep. YOU ONLY DO 4 THINGS! STOPSTOPSTOPSTOPSTOP," a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom