Shuttlecock XXII: Summer of Laz

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So apparently the JT Tour home video is coming out this fall. Footage from multiple Mexico City shows.

Best news is that the director is not trigger-happy Danish Hamilton but the great Anton Corbijn.

Of course it still won't have A Sort of Homecoming so you can flush it down the fucking toilet.

So apparently the JT Tour home video is coming out this fall. Footage from multiple Mexico City shows.

Best news is that the director is not trigger-happy Danish Hamilton but the great Anton Corbijn.

Of course it still won't have A Sort of Homecoming so you can flush it down the fucking toilet.

This is good news (Anton Corbijn). Maybe they'll add footage of ASOH in the special features, bonus disc, something like that.

When U2 next play Sydney, it'll be in Nova Scotia for tax purposes

Honestly, I'd just about die from joy if U2 stuck it to the casual fans (who goes to a fucking rock concert that costs hundreds of dollars if they're a casual fan??) by opening a show with Theme From Let's Go Native. And then just pulled out all the stops and followed it up with These Chains Are Way Too Long.

Baby it’s a Doggie Bag Day
Baby let’s get the waiter
Fit for the microwave
When I feel like having more

Baby it’s a Doggie Bag Day
But maybe I’ll just have another
Paradise is a taste
You can eat when it hurts

Not even full today
So much can fit in this box done right
One thing don’t forget to pack:
The rolls, rolls, rooollllllllls

So, what do we think they'll do to the setlist for Europe? I'm tipping it will probably remain pretty static :/ but they'll swap out Acrobat for Zooropa.

Did I type those words? I don't believe they are ever playing Sydney, let alone any other Australian conurbation, again. I must have been engaged in a hypothetical.

SATS was a lame choice anyway, give me real Pop or GTFO.

I'm glad Red Flag Day and Summer of Love are in, but Get Out should also have GTFO.

Not crazy about EBTTRT replacing Desire, though. That seems a little lazy.

The change from Desire to EBTTRT is so unremarkable that I didn't even realise anything had changed in that spot the first time I read the set list. But for the better. Bono's speech in Desire got increasingly awful.

Trust U2 to reduce the number of songs and cut Gloria. At least American Soul is gone. And removing anything from Pop in the continent that actually liked it is so stupid that of course it happened.

Just the single change of swapping out American Soul for New Years Day makes like the set list a hell of a lot more

So now Even Better Than the Real Thing doesn't have the slide solo. :D

New Year's Day is pretty awkward with the constant breaks, but I like the fact that the piano part in the bridge is played live for the very first time (I think, maybe some early War Tour bootlegs feature this).

I'm not that disappointed about Staring at the Sun not being there, but Summer of Love could use some Adam and Larry... But hey, at least the orchestral backing track is there! (I'm still guessing Staring could be in the rotation)

Seems that Bono cannot stop talking even more than on the 1st leg. Must be exhausting. For the audience I mean.

Such an awkward show, but the mere presence of Acrobat necessitates my presence at one of the shows this leg. If it gets dropped... at least I'll save some money. If it gets dropped at my show... well then I'll know exactly how Ax felt last year at Twickenham when there was no sort of homecoming.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom