Shuttlecock XXII: Summer of Laz

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I like that they're playing Stay electric now, but it's a bit empty without Bono filling in the space with a rhythm part. But I thought he said he can't play guitar anymore?

Would it really be such a travesty if they just brought a supplementary guitarist on tour with them?

I think it would shatter the mystique, as well as firmly putting them in Dinosaur Act camp. "We can't handle this on our own anymore".

I'd rather see them retire.

And yes, Bono's hand is still too fucked up for him to play as far as I recall.

Where are these rehearsal soundcheck rumours coming from? Wtf has happened to your beautiful website Ax?

I'm on holiday in the middle of nowhere and would prefer not to spend 2+ hours of every show day on a band who, until the last couple of weeks, were playing setlists so bad that I could not bring myself to care even when I was still home, let alone wake up at like 5am to cover the shows.

I am disappointed that despite my attempts nobody has stepped into the breach, but then my attempts probably were a bit too pissweak.

Fuck I hate this tour though. The changes to the end of the first set excite me but I still have no desire to listen to that second set or the encore.

BUT a couple of days ago I timed putting on The Joshua Tree north of Auckland so well that when we turned onto One Tree Hill, a certain song of the same name began playing. That was a top experience.

How to sum up 22 U2 shows:

Song 4 rotations:
Red Flag Day: 1-5, 7, 9, 11, 15, 21
All Because of You: 6, 8, 10, 12, 13, 18, 20
Gloria: 14, 16, 17, 19, 22

Dropped after show 13:
The Ocean, Iris, Cedarwood Road, Sunday Bloody Sunday, Until the End of the World

Current additions:
Stay: 14-
Zoo Station, Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses: 15-
The Fly: 21-

Other:
Spanish Eyes: 12
The Unforgettable Fire: 14
Landlady: 20, 22

Note: Berlin 2 abandoned after five songs

Last edited:
I’m not as big on bootlegs as I used to be, but wondering if there’s a good recording, or I should say “essential” recording if one of the shows from this tour. One that I can blast in the car without cringing.

I’m not as big on bootlegs as I used to be, but wondering if there’s a good recording, or I should say “essential” recording if one of the shows from this tour. One that I can blast in the car without cringing.
San Jose is pretty good. I haven't really checked in a while to see if any other good ones have come out - but the set would be identical from San Jose until like 3 or 4 shows ago, so Sam Jose's probably your best bet

Just checking U2start...looks like the only other IEM since San Jose is the last MSG show. Just downloaded it. I'll let you know how the quality is. Happy to see this show pop up, since I still hold that there's a 50/50 chance that it's the last time I'll get to see them live.

Yeah I am really kicking myself for skipping out on this tour, but I had so much other shit going on when they were in Chicago that I just couldn’t make it. I’m really hoping that they do some kind of farewell tour or something like that.

fixed.

and surely the 'roo was already crying from having to carry axver's corpulence all around kiwiland.

The roo is tired and broken but would still beat Headache in a fight.

Well... I stand corrected about that one particular song being rehearsed. :wink: Turns out they did rehearse it in Manchester.

I'm pretty happy to be wrong, since I might actually witness a show that features
The Fly, Dirty Day and Acrobat.

That's not so bad.

Well... I stand corrected about that one particular song being rehearsed. :wink: Turns out they did rehearse it in Manchester.

I'm pretty happy to be wrong, since I might actually witness a show that features
The Fly, Dirty Day and Acrobat.

That's not so bad.
I wonder where it would fit in the set list.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom