Shuttlecock XXII: Summer of Laz - Page 10 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 09-11-2018, 12:05 PM   #181
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 12:48 PM
My peak obsession years were from 92-95.. the early 2000s were fun, too. But man, was I obsessed with them at such a pivotal time in my teenage years. It’s just weird now. I’m 41 now. That could have something to do with it. I don’t find most of the material released over the last 5 years terrible at all. I just feel ambivalent towards the band these days. I do admire their drive.

Old 09-11-2018, 12:59 PM   #182
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 01:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by david View Post
My peak obsession years were from 92-95.. the early 2000s were fun, too. But man, was I obsessed with them at such a pivotal time in my teenage years. It’s just weird now. I’m 41 now. That could have something to do with it. I don’t find most of the material released over the last 5 years terrible at all. I just feel ambivalent towards the band these days. I do admire their drive.

I think age is part of it. I’m almost 38 and while I absolutely love their last two albums, I didn’t have that same feeling as when Pop was released. With that said, I don’t think I’m capable of becoming upset asked with the band or even music in general like I was back when I was a teenager. Between work, kids, a crazy ex, and everything else, there’s just a lot more noise in my life to aaccount for.

Old 09-11-2018, 02:43 PM   #183
ONE
love, blood, life

What I like about listening to the older stuff is that aside from the fact that the material holds up, I’m transported back to being a teenager in my bedroom listening to U2 with headphones on among other memories associated with that time.
Old 09-12-2018, 04:03 AM   #184
45:33

Local Time: 06:48 AM
So they rehearsed

Stay, Unforgettable Fire, Wild Horses and Landlady

But the set remains the same
Old 09-12-2018, 05:47 PM   #185
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Even if they play Bad one out of every three shows, that'd be something different enough to get me interested again. I always listen to more U2 when they're doing something interesting live. My fandom is currently in a coma waiting to be jump started.

Then again this morning, I got a sudden urge to listen to live Dirty Day, then got annoyed that it was only played ten times 25 years ago. This band.
Old 09-12-2018, 06:16 PM   #186
Vocal parasite

Hahahaha now three shows in the same city and the only change is ABOY for Red Flag Day on the second night.

Can't wait for night four to get ABOY again and nothing else.

Why bother.

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 09-12-2018, 06:24 PM   #187
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 02:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikal View Post
I think age is part of it. I’m almost 38 and while I absolutely love their last two albums, I didn’t have that same feeling as when Pop was released. With that said, I don’t think I’m capable of becoming upset asked with the band or even music in general like I was back when I was a teenager. Between work, kids, a crazy ex, and everything else, there’s just a lot more noise in my life to aaccount for.
Sames.

I don't really have the time to bury myself in new artists to try and find something else that's inspiring the way U2 have been, so we're stuck with each other for better or worse.
Old 09-13-2018, 07:21 PM   #188
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 11:48 AM
Four shows in Paris, and the only variation is a single spot which gets rotated A-B-A-B.

What a joke!
Old 09-13-2018, 07:29 PM   #189
Blue Crack Addict

but it's "omg entitlement or what" if you're spending hundreds of dollars to see multiple shows and are hoping for more than one song difference between shows, apparently.
Old 09-13-2018, 07:53 PM   #190
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

I just saw this.

Old 09-13-2018, 07:54 PM   #191
Vocal parasite

Imagine how broken you have to be to be legit thrilled that the band did one single rotation across four entire shows.

"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 09-13-2018, 08:09 PM   #192

Where is this chatter happening, send me to them
Old 09-13-2018, 08:25 PM   #193
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post
Imagine how broken you have to be to be legit thrilled that the band did one single rotation across four entire shows.
Ah come off it

I obviously would love to see the band give up their TIGHT NARRATIVE and rotate things. But this isn't a secret, what they're doing. Anyone who at this point is attending multiple shows shocked and disappointed at the lack of rotation is a moron.

If you're still going to multiple shows and don't care? Good for you.

Considering how little this band has left, as much as I wish they'd mix it up, I enjoyed the shit out of the shows I attended. I probably had as much fun at the three shows I attended as I've ever had at U2 shows.

It's possible to be disappointed in their approach, while still being appreciative that they're still around.
Old 09-14-2018, 12:43 AM   #194
Vocal parasite

Given you'd have bought tickets before the tour began? Yeah I'd be pissed off if I had bought tickets to all four nights, figuring the diversity would be like every other arena tour ever.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 09-14-2018, 12:59 AM   #195
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Headache in a Suitcase View Post
Ah come off it

I obviously would love to see the band give up their TIGHT NARRATIVE and rotate things. But this isn't a secret, what they're doing. Anyone who at this point is attending multiple shows shocked and disappointed at the lack of rotation is a moron.

If you're still going to multiple shows and don't care? Good for you.

Considering how little this band has left, as much as I wish they'd mix it up, I enjoyed the shit out of the shows I attended. I probably had as much fun at the three shows I attended as I've ever had at U2 shows.

It's possible to be disappointed in their approach, while still being appreciative that they're still around.

This all sounds well and good, but then why the fuck are they rehearsing 3-4 other songs that still haven’t show up yet? If not on a 4-night stand, then when?
Old 09-14-2018, 01:06 AM   #196

Maybe they're saving them for a one-off show in a tiny venue with a heap of awesome guests where you can only get in if you've got hundreds of disposable income and enough time on your hands to ring a radio station once every 10 minutes.
Old 09-14-2018, 01:36 AM   #197
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post
Given you'd have bought tickets before the tour began? Yeah I'd be pissed off if I had bought tickets to all four nights, figuring the diversity would be like every other arena tour ever.
Oh I'm sure you would have had a hard time selling them
Old 09-14-2018, 02:09 AM   #198
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Headache in a Suitcase View Post

I agree with this. It’s okay for things not to be black or white, either/or. Am I glad I went to the Vegas e+i tour? Yes. Am I salty that they cut Red Flag Day from the show I saw? Also yes.
Old 09-14-2018, 05:45 PM   #199
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobl04 View Post
Maybe they're saving them for a one-off show in a tiny venue with a heap of awesome guests where you can only get in if you've got hundreds of disposable income and enough time on your hands to ring a radio station once every 10 minutes.

OH NO HE DlDN'T
Old 09-21-2018, 11:03 PM   #200
ONE
love, blood, life

Huh