Shuttlecock XXI: Laz is Bigger Than Anyone in His Way

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I am drinking in NYC on a family girls' trip. I would like to say that I am exceedingly grateful for the friends i have made through this site over the years.

Sometimes I get annoyed with this place, but regardless of that, I would be beyond happy to meet any of you in person, and give you giant hugs (but only with your consent).

(Obv, I HAVE met many of you in person already, but you know what I mean.)

Kieran, U2 could play their Toowoomba show in your backyard and you still wouldn't show up.

That may be correct, and things being how they are in 2018, could you really blame me? No, I wouldn't lift a finger to see them in 2018 (maaaybe, for that JT30 tour, but not our regular scheduled transmission of I&E/E&I).

Nonetheless, it's moot.

Hi, I am drinking in NYC on a family girls' trip. I would like to say that I am exceedingly grateful for the friends i have made through this site over the years.

Sometimes I get annoyed with this place, but regardless of that, I would be beyond happy to meet any of you in person, and give you giant hugs (but only with your consent).

(Obv, I HAVE met many of you in person already, but you know what I mean.)

I met you and you did not give me a hug.

FUCK, really? I am sorry. In my defense, that was the summer of my first anxiety attacks and I was very out of sorts.

Fuckin' Moncton.

I'll pretend that you did ask me for advice on where to go so as not to be offended.
Normally, I would have, as I am an uber-planner. But I decided I was going to play this trip by ear. Much easier onnthe nerves, as there are nine of us.

It's been great. Non-planning for the win!

That’s weird that the one song was dropped for Vegas 2 when it seemed to have gone over really well live the other times it was played.

I would loke to meet elda so I can punch hom

I am sorry for my poor typing. Really. It is shameful.

Oh I would definitely be going to whatever Sydney shows on the off-chance something crazy shows up.

And I can confirm cori is A+ to meet.

That may be correct, and things being how they are in 2018, could you really blame me? No, I wouldn't lift a finger to see them in 2018 (maaaybe, for that JT30 tour, but not our regular scheduled transmission of I&E/E&I).

Nonetheless, it's moot.

I now hope Australia's next tour does include a stop in your backyard just so we can enjoy you sitting at your computer ranting about "I think they're playing American Soul or something, why would I stand up for this?"

That’s weird that the one song was dropped for Vegas 2 when it seemed to have gone over really well live the other times it was played.

You've got to wonder if they were simply shuffling the deck a little in set one and plain forgot to slot it (or anything else) back in. "Oh yeah move those two up... bring that one down... yeah follow it with that... cool, that's everything right? Nothing missing? Let's play."

Oh I would definitely be going to whatever Sydney shows on the off-chance something crazy shows up.

And I can confirm cori is A+ to meet.

I now hope Australia's next tour does include a stop in your backyard just so we can enjoy you sitting at your computer ranting about "I think they're playing American Soul or something, why would I stand up for this?"

You've got to wonder if they were simply shuffling the deck a little in set one and plain forgot to slot it (or anything else) back in. "Oh yeah move those two up... bring that one down... yeah follow it with that... cool, that's everything right? Nothing missing? Let's play."

When I heard a song on their new album was called American Soul, the first thing that popped into my head was some kind of Zack de la Rocha rant a la 'American Eyes'

American soul
American soul
come and lick my American soul
bigger than coca cola
bigger than ice cream

I've somehow never met Cori (or anyone here, besides Cobbler), but she did send me something in the mail once.

It was not a nasty note, but Shuttlecock rarities. :heart:

I've honestly lost track of how many people I've met from Interference.

At Twickenham last year it was hilarious how multiple people were like "hey, are you Axver?"

Amazingly, none of them slugged me in the face. Guess they were keeping that for elfa.

I've somehow never met Cori (or anyone here, besides Cobbler), but she did send me something in the mail once.

It was not a nasty note, but Shuttlecock rarities. :heart:

Didn't you meet NSW in some strange traffic convergence in LA?
(Of course he's not really here anymore)

It was not a nasty note, but Shuttlecock rarities. [emoji813]
Oh .... it wasn't something nasty? You must have gotten the thing I sent to Martha, which means ..... oh dear.

Martha, is this why we don't talk anymore? Because I accidentally sent you a box of poo all those years ago????

Cori is good people. :up: An excellent douchebag seat partner. And one of the few interferencers I’ve met without a U2 gig being the main reason, though we did go see U2 3D together (good God, that was 10 years ago!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom