Shuttlecock XXI: Choking the Listeners With Our Good Time Smell

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Am I the only one who really likes "The Hands That Built America?"

The 2.5 VariSpeed Edit version helps tighten up the sound a little bit. I wish they released the version with the epic instrumentation from the end credits of Gangs of New York.

I did want to choke Ed Helms' character multiple times during the film.

What's a pederast, Walter?

He and Bradley Cooper was wholly unlikeable characters, especially Cooper. It felt like a role Vince Vaughn could've and should've played... and it would've been pitch-perfect.

The world does not start and stop at your convenience, you miserable sack of shit.

Am I the only one who really likes "The Hands That Built America?"

The 2.5 VariSpeed Edit version helps tighten up the sound a little bit. I wish they released the version with the epic instrumentation from the end credits of Gangs of New York.

I enjoy it, wouldn't say I really like it. The epicness in its Gangs incarnation is undeniable.

Didn't much enjoy the snippet live, but the Best of 90-00 version of THTBA is one of my favourite U2 songs.

Pfan, I've been curious for a while, who's in your avatar? He looks strangely familiar.

I enjoy it, wouldn't say I really like it. The epicness in its Gangs incarnation is undeniable.

Compared to most of their '00s (Oughties? Has anyone come up with a name for this decade yet?) output, I think it's close to the top. They've released about as much material as they did in the '90s, depending on if you view Passengers as an official release, but how many from this decade stack up to that shit? Not much, in my estimation.

Not to say I don't dig a fair share of their latter albums... just helps underlie a point I've had about this decade that there are very few exceptional pieces of work in film, TV, or music when compared to the '90s. And that's really saying something.

For guys like you and me, it's easy to find awesome shit. I'm talking more in broad strokes, like Star Wars or Back to the Future-esque awesome movies that find widespread appeal and become almost Instant Classics.

And we're at 1000.

I don't want to tread on Cori's ground, especially if they do the opera thing... but it needs to mention the High-C.

yeah, Million Dollar Hotel put me to sleep...

I was mostly skiming the last couple pages...

I like this new video but I don't think it really fits the song - like at all, I don't even hate this song as much as I first did but yeah, the images don't really fit imo...

Also, I may have missed it but in terms of good U2 videos EBTTRT, Lemon and Numb also need to be mentioned.

I went to bed last night and left this thread so you guys could make a new one and there still isnt a new one yet? :tsk:

Come on peeps!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom