Shuttlecock XX: ((Show Spoiler))

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

corianderstem

Blue Crack Distributor
I figured someone had to step up to the plate.

Sorry about the title. I seriously got nothin'.

Although should it just say "spoiler"? Or "show spoiler?"

Poop.

Diemen, change it to whatever it says when you use the little spoiler thingie. Please? :flirt:

Do you want it to be Show Spoiler instead, since that's what most of the posts look like now? ;)

Yes, that's what I was going for - thank you, dear.

I think it's that spoiler button that makes the formatting of the posts go all wonky. It's weird.

I figured someone had to step up to the plate.

Sorry about the title. I seriously got nothin'.

Although should it just say "spoiler"? Or "show spoiler?"

Poop.

Diemen, change it to whatever it says when you use the little spoiler thingie. Please? :flirt:

Anything but "show poop" is fine with me.

http://www.u2interference.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6202649&postcount=988

this
(hopefully quoted correctly, originally posted by BoMac)

I remember on the first leg of the Vertigo tour. I went with a friend at the last minute to the Anaheim 2 show. We had GA, and decent position I'd guess. Right before SYCMIOYO, my friend says he had to go to the bathroom. He dranks lots of liquid (water) prior to the show. So he leaves, and pretty much missed most of it (my guess). Yeah, the song sung on the B-Stage that we are about 5-10 people deep - back. I wanted to smack him upside the head. If I had to go, I'd rather hold it than miss part of the show. I guess I just have a bigger bladder than cori :hug:

Martha - we will miss you! Have a great trip!!! :wave:

If I've got GA and have plans on being close with a good spot, I ration my liquid intake, go pee as often as I can before the crowd gets too deep and am going nowhere once the show starts.

I vote to rename this place AWESOMETOWN when the next thread rolls around.

I haven't been around much so I missed the part about where you're going.

It was in the other chat thread music thread.

Indiana to see Steve's 99-year-old grandma, via Nevada, Utah, Wyoming, Nebraska, Iowa, and Illinois, with Lewis and Clark geek stops. On the way back, it's anyone's guess. I leave Saturday, and pick Steve up in Sioux City on Thursday, and then we hit a big ole motorcycle museum, and the Herbert Hoover Library on the Fourth of July.

TMI.

:nerd:

I really like White As Snow, I'm not entirely sure why - it's such a basic song but other than its general theme it's not a very "U2" song, if that makes any sense. I doesn't really sound like anything they have done before, at least imo and it works well as a lead in to Breathe...

We didn't have a lot of room for discussion - we all seemed to miss that we were nearing the end of the thread until we'd reached 1,000, and then Diemen closed the thread, which made it impossible to discuss, and it was during that time of day when there doesn't seem to be anyone around.

Someone had to take action. I stepped up to the plate. ;)

White as Snow is alright, and I like the "the water, it was icy" part. But the whole rest of it? I can't get past the fact that it's a ripoff of O Come O Come Emmanuel. I just can't. It's a block in my mind the song will never be able to pass.

I like that it's the Veni Veni Emmanuel (yeah, I dig the Latin title) melody. I think it helps to drive home the theme/lyrics of the song, all Biblical and stuff.

I think of the two slow songs on the album, I'd prefer to hear this one (although don't particularly feel the need to hear it live - would they bring in a French horn player or something?) over Cedars, which I feel would be a complete show-stopper, and not in the good way.

I don't think Cedars would transfer over live at all, which is why I'm glad they haven't rehearsed it.

The only song they should be playing that they're not is Fez-Being Born.

I don't think Cedars would transfer over live at all, which is why I'm glad they haven't rehearsed it.

I'm glad for the first part of that, and irrationally angry at the second.

Although, traditionally their sets vary quite a bit during the beginning of the tour, and as it goes on it becomes more static as they change up only a handful of songs. Also, some songs that they play at the start of a tour are later dropped for other songs that eventually become staples. I think this will be the case with Fez-Being Born as well as other songs.

I don't think F-BB is a difficult to perform live song at all. If you have the keyboards pre-recorded, you get Edge to play the lead, chimey guitar part. Then you have Bono strum the power chords that are played throughout the song and you're good to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom