Shuttlecock XX - Laz Is All You Have Left

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Without the ticket bundles, the UK is a more accurate representation of where the album's at.

Clearly the band just want that 1st week #1 in the U.S.. After that, I don’t think they’ll care about how much sales will drop in the second week (probably hoping it’s not the worse drop ever). It’s already happened with quite a few artists.

But doesn't that sorta fly in the face of them wanting to be "part of the conversation", and have the music "played in bars in 25years" and the dreaded "R" word that's been so much part of their interviews this last few months (if not years). Just to settle with the diehards buying week one and then the huge drop?

Has everyone seen KEUFC09U2's web stream?

giphy.gif

This was posted 22 months ago...

https://youtu.be/5UWZxGRR12o
And was posted here a week ago...

There's no way to tell if the song was actually a One Republic song or just a song Tedder had that he was working on with U2.

The way the video is edited it makes it seem like he's talking about a song Colors that has the same riff from Summer of Love. Problem is Colors is a One Republic song, and it doesn't sound at all like Summer of Love.

So even if Tedder has a riff that handn't found a home, and brings it to U2 who then makes something of it: that's one of the points of a producer, right?

Well I'd say that constitutes songwriting. Why credit Haim for a borrowed guitar lick and then not do the same here?

Kendrick gave U2 writing credit on XXX even though American Soul hadn't been completed or released.

So even if Tedder has a riff that handn't found a home, and brings it to U2 who then makes something of it: that's one of the points of a producer, right?
Well I'd say that constitutes songwriting. Why credit Haim for a borrowed guitar lick and then not do the same here?

Kendrick gave U2 writing credit on XXX even though American Soul hadn't been completed or released.
So again ... the song that they are discussing in the YouTube video, Colors, is an actual One Republic song, and not Summer of Love.

It's entirely possible that they were just playing around with the U2 song while recording, that both Tedder and other dude we're involved with, then decided to play Colors and then the video cuts.

It would make zero sense to give a million song writing credits and production credits and then just casually leave this credit off.

So again ... the song that they are discussing in the YouTube video, Colors, is an actual One Republic song, and not Summer of Love.

It's entirely possible that they were just playing around with the U2 song while recording, that both Tedder and other dude we're involved with, then decided to play Colors and then the video cuts.

It would make zero sense to give a million song writing credits and production credits and then just casually leave this credit off.
But he also says later that it's a song called West Coast, which is a lyric in Summer of Love. I don't care, one way or the other, I'm not a big fan of that song.

Also, anyone that still shoots video in portrait mode in 2017 deserves to be punched in the face.

But he also says later that it's a song called West Coast, which is a lyric in Summer of Love. I don't care, one way or the other, I'm not a big fan of that song.

Also, anyone that still shoots video in portrait mode in 2017 deserves to be punched in the face.
Still doesn't mean he wasn't working on a U2 song. That YouTube video is like 3 or 4 videos edited together. It's hardly concrete on the issue.

I don't give a turkey either - it very well could be that Tedder just gave them a couple of parts to songs he was working on and they ran with it. It just doesn't make any sense to me why they'd hand out credits like candy on this album, but stop short of giving Tedder a writing credit.

They clearly like Tedder, and clearly had issues with Danger Mouse, yet they gave Burton a writing credit for coming up with the keyboard part of Ordinary Love and didn't give anything to Tedder on this song? Makes no sense.

I'd say The National is an acquired taste for some - it usually has to do with his voice - I've found that tends to be the most common complaint. If you haven't tried listening to Trouble Will Find Me I would recommend that album since I think its their most accessible imo

I'm an old and have been out of the loop regarding music. I've tried getting into The National and I just can't do it.

Enlighten me.
Do you want a case for The National?

- They have maybe the best drummer in rock music.
- The song structure and musicianship is consistently high quality, melding different guitar approaches with more orchestral sounds. The Dessner brothers are composers who play guitar and piano very well, basically. It's a very full sound.
- Berninger's studio baritone is outstanding, and he's gotten better and better at developing melodies as his career has gone on.
- The lyrics, to me anyway, are by and large very good and I think most would agree are consistently interesting at the very least.
- As a live band, they bring things up a notch on almost every song, even if Berninger's vocals often sound strained as he tries to sing louder and gets drunker. Just a killer live show.

I really like his voice, although it makes their music sound a lot more Sad Bastard Music than it really is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom