Shuttlecock XX - Laz Is All You Have Left

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Soooo you roast me for passing my opinion on the album but you’re not going to go and see the show even though you really like the album? :confused: that’s some bullshit

First of all, you kept talking about the album like you knew it, despite having heard it once, while intoxicated.

I don't know what that has to do with me not going to see the band this tour. U2.com (and LiveNation) fucked a bunch of people over and I demanded a refund of my membership fee. I don't appreciate being treated like that despite my loyalty as a Fan Club member all these years. While they took a month to sort that shit out, I booked a trip to Europe and won't be in Los Angeles when the tour passes through. Oh well. Priorities.

Pathetic Incompetence in a Deranged Environment

Oh get over your persecution complex already.

No, what you need is some core competence at being a moderator and some integrity. Your approach is what is laughable. I gave you a chance but you had to press...

We discussed the entire persecution complex accusation tactic (which is a cheap and lazy blame shift attempt) and I thought we had come to an understanding.

The reality (as opposed to your distorted perception) is that there are still some die-hard pile-on crew members here who you protect. As one of the handful of members with some decency and honesty stated: "this whole beat him till he breaks thing is fucking pathetic".

The truth is that I've been subject to around forty different character attacks since posting here over the last couple of years. One of those attacks was insinuating that I'm a pedophile which is deranged when you consider that I had a babysitter growing up who was engaging in such activities.

Indeed, accusing someone of having a persecution complex is akin to victim shaming / blaming which is reprehensible at best. What an odd and unfortunate tactic to employ...especially when you have no idea what I've been through.

The inherent problem with this approach (when you fail to take responsibility for your role while simultaneously exonerating the offenders) is that you encourage what you're complicit in. Let's not forget that the fundamental point of this thread is to celebrate the return of the person who sexually harassed me. I have no problem with that poster anymore as he hasn't attacked me since. I wish I didn't even have to bring it up again as I have no problem extending grace if someone has changed. What I do have a problem with is being mocked again in this thread. That's more than a little insulting.

You also asked me (via PM) to not bring up the fact that I was sexually harassed on this board again (which I honored) only to post about it yourself in this thread. I can only call that "scumbaggery" as I had no idea you would betray me in that way.

That's more than a little "off".

On that note, it's quite the stretch to assume that the referenced poster bore no ill intent when that poster has only ever directed animosity towards me in the past. So that just happened to be the one post that wasn't meant to be malicious? That's quite a stretch.

I was willing to meet you halfway and drop it before you went ahead and were precious enough to bring it up again.

Look, there's no shame in admitting that you're not doing a very good job at something if it's not your strong suit. Perhaps it's time to hang up your mod hat and make way for someone who won't protect those who make this a difficult place to actually discuss the band.

I make it a point to be fiercely selective about who I surround myself with and there are just too many demented people on this board that I don't want to associate with. Instead of discussing the band, more often than not I waste my valuable time fending off character attacks. With that said, I've met a handful of good people here. For the most part, unfortunately, they're drowned out by the territorial pissers.

The laughable aspect is that, when posting a theory about the band, I've been proven right in nearly every case. Those who railed against my assertions (after my point was proven) never even had the decency to be adults and admit they were wrong.

Utter integrity bankruptcy.

I simply don't have the time to waste posting in such an environment. I'm not one of these immature posters who pretend to be U2 fans while trolling this forum.

I'm leagues beyond that. So, effective immediately, close my account. You can attempt to distort perceptions and say I was banned if that's your style. Regardless, go ahead and take care of that today. I've got better things to do than figure out what the heck is wrong with some of the people in this forum or try and correct your mistakes.

As mentioned, I gave you a chance and you had to press. Just know that you lucked out as I'm not going to pursue this matter any further. I'm simply too busy with more important concerns. I will say that you put this board in a difficult position by not taking a stronger stance against sexual harassment. The very existence of this thread proves that, while it's easy to cast stones at celebrities for similar behavior, it's very much welcomed here.

Adjust your approach and stop encouraging the protected ones or hang up your hat and hand over the reigns to someone who will. You might not get so lucky next time.

Before I go, I'll offer one last clue to those who need it. The inspiration to be taken from this band, as far as I'm concerned, is contained in the song "Love Comes Tumbling". I'll let others figure out which lyric I'm referring to. It definitely isn't about trolling this forum and pretending to be a fan while engaging in behaviors the band would find loathsome.

Again, go ahead and close my account today. I have said my piece and harbor no ill will. I simply have better things to do.

Anyway, that's your cue, pile-on crew...prove me right one last time. To the few who have been cool and actually wanted to talk about the band, take care of yourselves.

Last edited:
tumblr_n999e25urf1roa7c8o3_250.gif

Good copypasta material, but not as good a flameout as LastEdgeOnEarth or Zoots.

Yeah, not as unhinged as those other two. But "effective immediately, close my account" is still laughable for how profesh it's trying to sound.

And the veiled legal threat is pretty rich:

Just know that you lucked out as I'm not going to pursue this matter any further.

Thank the lord Diemen doesn't have to lawyer up!

Also, "you had your chance" reminded me of that hilarious ad campaign for The Snowman that was widely mocked around the internet.

HELLO MISTER MODERATOR

YOU COULD HAVE SAVED US

I GAVE YOU ALL THE CHANCES

As far as all of us "proving (him) right one last time", I'll close with this appropriate quote:

'If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day, you're the asshole.'

Last edited:
What even was that? He's been throwing around the claim for long enough that I've forgotten the original incident.

I forget the exact start as well and don't feel like looking for it, but it was something that had zero sexual component to it.
As conversations went on, we found out everything has happened to him in his life, including being roofied by a woman and now in his supposed exit salvo he was babysat by a pedophile, so there wasn't a single topic that could be brought up to which he couldn't claim victim status.
He'll be sorely missed.

What even was that? He's been throwing around the claim for long enough that I've forgotten the original incident.

I forget the exact start as well and don't feel like looking for it, but it was something that had zero sexual component to it.
As conversations went on, we found out everything has happened to him in his life, including being roofied by a woman and now in his supposed exit salvo he was babysat by a pedophile, so there wasn't a single topic that could be brought up to which he couldn't claim victim status.
He'll be sorely missed.

he claimed sexual harassment because i used the term "grand bitch" indirectly in response to headache as a reference to redhill calling mikal and headache "grand bitches" in a thread from way back last spring when we were talking about the new mix of RHMT, after he had said some odd things in the sexual harassment thread. never meant to rile him up at all, just making a humorous reference to a forum meme that i thought maybe two people might chuckle at and then it would be forgotten. but even though it was a term *he* made up to use as a direct insult, whereas i brought it up as a sarcastic reference, and he was constantly whining about double standards, he saw no hypocrisy whatsoever in acting over the course of several long posts arguing with diemen as if the most heinous crime was enacted on him and we should all take pity on him and string his abuser (me, apparently) up like mussolini.

the "sexual harassment" meltdown kinda dips back and forth between two threads:
http://www.u2interference.com/forum...assment-in-america-221713-42.html#post8243781

http://www.u2interference.com/forum...-all-you-have-left-221864-28.html#post8243700

i really wonder sometimes what it's like to spend a day inside the head of someone who thinks like that.

how people like us aren't permanently banned is an absolute mystery.

yet here we are, posting nonstop as if we actually belong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom