Shuttlecock XX - Laz Is All You Have Left

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m intrigued. I’m not as high on the album version as some here, it’s fine, but doesn’t really take off until the end and it’s overall not strong enough for the #2 slot.

There was a time when this news would have made U2 look cooler, but sadly now it’s just one more thing that makes Beck look less cool, much like his support on the JT tour.

Not to derail but I'm still in somewhat shock that the boys are coming to CT, I can't tell all of you how pumped up I am for this show and hoping/wondering if there'll be a second show.

Yeah, if you're going to do the no-opener thing, you better play a set longer than the one you'd play with an opener.

One of their more unforgivable moves, charging the same price (or higher) for less music than usual, and not even making it up in their own set.

I'd sit through a shit band Bono thinks is good as long as it was a good shit band. Wait, that didn't make any sense. I mean I'd stay home. Which is what I've done for twenty years anyhow.

At least we don't have to sit through some shit band that Bono thinks is good.

Very true! Though I’d also argue that U2’s selections are no better or worse than most openers. It’s a very hit-or-miss field, more misses than hits.

At least for 360, some shows had Muse or Florence and the Machine. But the JT 2017 tour openers were pretty poor.

Those Muse shows on 360 were sooooo bad.

My favorite was Franz Ferdinand back in the Vertigo Tour.

I’ve been lucky in that four of the six shows I’ve seen have effectively been double bills: Kanye & Jay Z.

Lumineers opened in LA for JT and they were perfectly fine. I don’t like them but they’re totally inoffensive and their music does everything it needs to to get the crowd warmed up.

At least for 360, some shows had Muse or Florence and the Machine. But the JT 2017 tour openers were pretty poor.

I don't think the JT 2017 Tour openers were that poor. Mumford & Sons was OK, for the one time I saw them. I liked Noel Gallagher too, he was a very good support act. And it would've been nice to have seen Beck.

Those Muse shows on 360 were sooooo bad.

Their 2009 shows were maybe not that special, but their 2011 shows in South America were excellent.

It's really hard to complain about U2 opening acts when they're all massive bands that people would pay to see perform on their own.

It's not hard at all when some of them are really fucking shit and they could use their stature to give exposure to a great artist that would benefit from it.

I'd be furious if I had to stand through Muse or Mumford & Sons or One Republic or Black Eyed Peas.

And then there's Interpol...

I think U2 care equally about putting on a show as using their stature for another artist. And yet people still complain. You're "furious" about seeing those big acts, but not "furious" about Jay Z or Kanye because you classify those as two-for-ones where you just got lucky?

Interpol is the only U2 opening act I legitimately enjoyed. Kings of Leon were trash and Lumineers were Ned Flanders music.

i hated kings of leon in 2005 and decided i wouldn't bother seeing a U2 opener ever again unless it was someone i already liked (i actually came to like a couple of their songs later on after hearing them off the album and not live, then they released that shitty over-played duo of "sex on fire" and "use somebody" and i remembered why i hated them so much at first). i missed the lumineers last time around and i'm not upset about that at all.

best opening lineup i ever saw was when sloan, kanye and alice cooper opened up for the rolling stones in a monsoon.

Last edited:
It's not hard at all when some of them are really fucking shit and they could use their stature to give exposure to a great artist that would benefit from it.

I'd be furious if I had to stand through Muse or Mumford & Sons or One Republic or Black Eyed Peas.

And then there's Interpol...

Now you know how I felt having to stand through Kanye and Jay-Z.

best opening lineup i ever saw was when sloan, kanye and alice cooper opened up for the rolling stones in a monsoon.

This is such a bizarre combination, I have to wonder if you dreamed or hallucinated this.

Like skittlebrau.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom