Shuttlecock XX - Laz Is All You Have Left

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's actually not about that, I genuinely haven't felt like going back to the album. It's still in its wrapping. I will, eventually, but it's more about the fact that I'm just not into the band the way that I once was.

You don’t like their recent direction, fine, you’re not alone here. But your supposed favorite band of all time should at least be shown the respect to give the album one proper listen on headphones or your stereo system or whatever, not live tweeting it to B&C while drunk giving us hot takes to show us how above U2 you are now. You came off like an ass. On top of it, you’re participating in a discussion on said album which you’ve heard ONCE, and that was with the aforementioned distractions. That would be lame coming from anyone, but since you purport to be something of a music journalist it’s even more perplexing.

They can record whatever interesting instrumentation they like, if Bono's shouting "ju-ju man! ju-ju man!" or "refu-jesus!" over the top of it, it's gonna suck.

Sorry for not chucking out a worthwhile instrumental because Bono was being a cornball over it. I would have to do the same to a good chunk of their discography. :wink:

(There is nothing musically worthwhile about American Soul)

You don’t like their recent direction, fine, you’re not alone here. But your supposed favorite band of all time should at least be shown the respect to give the album one proper listen on headphones or your stereo system or whatever, not live tweeting it to B&C while drunk giving us hot takes to show us how above U2 you are now. You came off like an ass. On top of it, you’re participating in a discussion on said album which you’ve heard ONCE, and that was with the aforementioned distractions. That would be lame coming from anyone, but since you purport to be something of a music journalist it’s even more perplexing.
I agree that it is dismissive and silly and kind of nuts to make sweeping statements about that album having only heard it once, but it is no less insane than declaring The Best Thing to have a political message in its music video because The Edge briefly nodded in the direction of a police car.

SOI > NLOTH > SOE

Have I entered with the ironic indie opinion? I was feeling nostalgic, like it's 2010 all over again. Lamestream music bruh, I'm gonna go listen to some arcade fire.

My Pop vinyl doesn't sound that great, but I love ATYCLB on vinyl (possibly one of the first vinyls I ever bought back in the early 2000s). It will be nice to get the 1980-90 best of, that one has always been hard to find.

If it doesn't contain anything I don't already own, who even cares for such a brazen cashgrab. At least throw us a bone with something unreleased, or even simply bringing together all the b-sides in one place.

And while we're at it, where the fuck is a remastered Rattle and Hum.

Some great out-takes from that period as well.

If it doesn't contain anything I don't already own, who even cares for such a brazen cashgrab. At least throw us a bone with something unreleased, or even simply bringing together all the b-sides in one place.

I’m pretty sure these vinyl reissues won’t contain extras. I don’t mind buying regular bare bones reissues of POP and ATYCLB on vinyl anyway since they’ve long been out of print and OG copies go for more than $90 - $100+.

I just can't imagine wanting to buy an album that I already own. But then this is probably why I'm not a collector.

Yeah, what bullshit. Give it the fucking treatment you gave all your previous albums, arseholes.

While I’m perfectly fine with a simple remaster so I can finally own Pop on vinyl, it is really strange their not doing the full gamut like previous albums. Especially for ATYCLB, given the high-standing it has in the minds of the band and general public.

While I’m perfectly fine with a simple remaster so I can finally own Pop on vinyl, it is really strange their not doing the full gamut like previous albums.

But this is not the remaster campaign from several years ago. All Universal is doing is reissuing (and likely not even remastering) U2's albums on vinyl. Last year it was HTDAAB (and War too, IIRC), now it's a new batch. With so many people going for vinyl Universal wants to have these titles back in stock.

Actually, U2.com says they are remastered. And apparently ATYCLB comes with a 16-page booklet of Anton Corbijn photos.

I've really been holding out for a ATYCLB deluxe - just think of all the possible bonus materials, like 50 banal remixes of Walk On.

While I’m perfectly fine with a simple remaster so I can finally own Pop on vinyl, it is really strange their not doing the full gamut like previous albums. Especially for ATYCLB, given the high-standing it has in the minds of the band and general public.

...though apparently I can't use my U2.com discount coupon on the vinyl either. So I may just try and purchase it off Amazon.

Really, what CAN I use this coupon for?

I'm sure there's still one of those "we win we loose it's perfect" shirts lying around! :happy:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom