Shuttlecock XVIII - SAVE US, REFU-JESUS - Page 6 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 11-02-2017, 05:27 PM   #76
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 01:28 PM
Out of curiosity, how difficult is it for an American to acquire a GA ticket for a show in Europe? Contemplating only going to one show here and using my other slot to grab one in Paris maybe? Or are we even able to do a split like that?

Old 11-02-2017, 05:36 PM   #77
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 05:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lazarus View Post
Out of curiosity, how difficult is it for an American to acquire a GA ticket for a show in Europe? Contemplating only going to one show here and using my other slot to grab one in Paris maybe? Or are we even able to do a split like that?

In my experience, I failed to get any of the London shows on the release and had to go third party. Same deal with Amsterdam. Same deal with Barcelona (which I did not go to at all).

I would say it's equally as difficult to get the tickets on release, as resellers still flood the systems.

However, it's a lot easier to find and interact with other fans in Europe who will sell spares at face of near face value.

Old 11-02-2017, 05:55 PM   #78
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 08:28 AM
Quote:
Because of the tour's conceptual link between the albums, they can't really ignore it like they did with No Line last time around (was a single song from it played on i+e?).

Literally one performance of Magnificent. That's it.

I've also been trying to pick what they'll keep from SOI and nothing seems obvious at all. Especially not with 13 new songs jostling for contention.

Probably means NLOTH will remain forgotten though. And, of course, Pop.

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 11-02-2017, 06:11 PM   #79
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyNumber7 View Post
In my experience, I failed to get any of the London shows on the release and had to go third party. Same deal with Amsterdam. Same deal with Barcelona (which I did not go to at all).

I would say it's equally as difficult to get the tickets on release, as resellers still flood the systems.

However, it's a lot easier to find and interact with other fans in Europe who will sell spares at face of near face value.
Are you talking about general release, or fan club presale? Not sure how the codes work with the ticket companies abroad.
Old 11-02-2017, 06:20 PM   #80
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post
Literally one performance of Magnificent. That's it.

I've also been trying to pick what they'll keep from SOI and nothing seems obvious at all. Especially not with 13 new songs jostling for contention.

Probably means NLOTH will remain forgotten though. And, of course, Pop.
I would think they would have to have a couple of songs to tie it together. Maybe part of the first four, mercifully in place of Vertigo
Old 11-02-2017, 06:20 PM   #81
45:33

Listened to Zooropa today (the benefit of increased U2 activity is always I listen to their music more), god I had forgotten how beautiful The First Time is. Stunning song.
Old 11-02-2017, 06:21 PM   #82
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Are you talking about general release, or fan club presale? Not sure how the codes work with the ticket companies abroad.

General release. I am not nor have ever been a fan club member, so I can't vouch for that experience at all. But I've bought tickets in the US and U.K. from Ticketmaster and have never in my life secured a GA (4x tried in the US, 2x in the U.K., 2x EU).

It's virtually the same mess. Some people get lucky, some don't.
Old 11-02-2017, 06:24 PM   #83
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 03:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cobl04 View Post
I'm quite alarmed by reports that TWO of the album's songs are retakes of two songs from the previous album.

I think the other is purely speculation, have there been any real reports outside of that?
Old 11-02-2017, 06:46 PM   #84
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Headache in a Suitcase View Post
I would think they would have to have a couple of songs to tie it together. Maybe part of the first four, mercifully in place of Vertigo
Oh yeah, I reckon there will be at least a couple of SOI songs, it's just a question of which. I suppose EBW is the most likely, but if the set already has enough ballads from SOE, I don't think it's a lock. No doubt it will be guided by which SOI songs make the most sense in whatever thematic arc they pursue. Raised By Wolves, for example, could stick around if it made sense as part of a political message - but without that, it's a goner.

"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 11-02-2017, 06:54 PM   #85
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post
Oh yeah, I reckon there will be at least a couple of SOI songs, it's just a question of which. I suppose EBW is the most likely, but if the set already has enough ballads from SOE, I don't think it's a lock. No doubt it will be guided by which SOI songs make the most sense in whatever thematic arc they pursue. Raised By Wolves, for example, could stick around if it made sense as part of a political message - but without that, it's a goner.
Iris and Cedarwood Road seem to be songs that could just fit in without necessarily being part of a theme
Old 11-02-2017, 06:56 PM   #86
Vocal parasite

The fuckers better keep Cedarwood Road around for their Australian tour in, oh, 2029 or so. Badly want to see that one live.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 11-02-2017, 07:14 PM   #87
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
I'm quite alarmed by reports that TWO of the album's songs are retakes of two songs from the previous album.
So what? Amnesiac only had 10 tracks and one of them was an alternate version of something on Kid A.

I don't know why this is being met with such resistance; we always knew these were companion albums, even if it wasn't made clear some of the material from one would be repurposed for the other. It's not like they put Always on No Line or something.
Old 11-02-2017, 07:30 PM   #88
45:33

Because they were both the same song called Morning Bell? I'd have less of an issue with it they were called Volcano and Song for Someone (given we don't have much to go off here yet), but they're passing them off as different songs. It's stupid.

Not to mention Amnesiac was released nine months after Kid A. Experience, when it's released, will be three years and three months after Innocence.
Old 11-02-2017, 07:45 PM   #89
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Because they were both the same song called Morning Bell? I'd have less of an issue with it they were called Volcano and Song for Someone (given we don't have much to go off here yet), but they're passing them off as different songs. It's stupid.

Not to mention Amnesiac was released nine months after Kid A. Experience, when it's released, will be three years and three months after Innocence.
Would you have an issue if it was just a double, themed album that had a few songs with similar/identical elements?
Old 11-02-2017, 07:59 PM   #90
Blue Crack Supplier

They may be released 3 years apart but we knew it was being worked on the whole time. Again, it's part of the concept. Who cares what the songs are titled?

This is a tempest in a teapot and just reflective of people who are generally down on the band. If you didn't dislike the last album or the new songs we wouldn't be having this conversation.