Shuttlecock XVIII - SAVE US, REFU-JESUS - Page 10 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 11-03-2017, 06:45 AM   #136
War Child

Local Time: 07:45 AM
Okay. This is a dumb question. What is this thread? There is an American Soul discussion thread, a Blackout discussion thread, a GOOYOW thread and a new album thread.
Shuttlecock looks familiar... have been here a long time, but not participated everywhere. But what is this thread?

Old 11-03-2017, 06:51 AM   #137
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 05:45 PM
My understanding is that this is the general U2 related discussion thread for people who mostly post in Just The Bang & The Clatter, a subforum for mostly general music that isn't U2.

True story, Elvis had to create this forum because of all the Radiohead chat. Otherwise you'd all be in Lemonade Stand, or EYKIW would be a very different place.

Old 11-03-2017, 07:18 AM   #138
Acrobat

I must admit, that for a while I assumed The Other Place was a reference to @u2f*r*ms.
Old 11-03-2017, 07:18 AM   #139
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

It used to be a reference to heaven, but then the atheists moved in.
Old 11-03-2017, 07:21 AM   #140
War Child

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kieran McConville View Post
My understanding is that this is the general U2 related discussion thread for people who mostly post in Just The Bang & The Clatter, a subforum for mostly general music that isn't U2.

True story, Elvis had to create this forum because of all the Radiohead chat. Otherwise you'd all be in Lemonade Stand, or EYKIW would be a very different place.
Ohh... bang and clatter. My mistake. Thanks. The new app makes it all seem like everything's in one place.
Old 11-03-2017, 07:50 AM   #141
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

I don't use apps. I'm old school that way.
Old 11-03-2017, 07:52 AM   #142
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 03:45 AM
Thanks, Sting.
Old 11-03-2017, 08:06 AM   #143
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Sure.
Old 11-03-2017, 08:11 AM   #144
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 02:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lazarus View Post
Out of curiosity, how difficult is it for an American to acquire a GA ticket for a show in Europe? Contemplating only going to one show here and using my other slot to grab one in Paris maybe? Or are we even able to do a split like that?
You should be able to buy 2 singles for 2 different shows. It has worked that way in the past.
Old 11-03-2017, 10:05 AM   #145
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 06:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by patternshirt170 View Post
On the subject of recycling riffs or lyrics, they've done it on a couple of the earlier records, obviously the bookend on War of "how long..." I guess there's also Cry and Is That All?
In 1981 we would definitely be disappointed that the cool intro for The Electric Co. became a random awkward closer.

In 1982 we would be very confused that they continue to use the cool intro for The Electric Co.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMIS View Post
Okay. This is a dumb question. What is this thread? There is an American Soul discussion thread, a Blackout discussion thread, a GOOYOW thread and a new album thread.
Shuttlecock looks familiar... have been here a long time, but not participated everywhere. But what is this thread?
U2 shit-talking for the people who don't want to talk U2 with the other shit-talkers. Probably best not to think too hard about it.

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 11-03-2017, 10:57 AM   #146
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 11:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by namkcuR View Post
What is this demo version you speak of? I think I've seen you mention it before, but I've never heard it.
Old 11-03-2017, 11:01 AM   #147
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 11:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hewson View Post
You should be able to buy 2 singles for 2 different shows. It has worked that way in the past.
Yeah. I should post my query in the general tour thread because there has to be someone on this forum who's managed to get a European GA ticket via pre-sale.

I'm still shocked I'm the only one here who managed to get more than 2 tickets for the original i+e leg. I don't remember exploiting a TM loophole, either.
Old 11-03-2017, 11:08 AM   #148
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 03:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lazarus View Post
Yeah. I should post my query in the general tour thread because there has to be someone on this forum who's managed to get a European GA ticket via pre-sale.

I'm still shocked I'm the only one here who managed to get more than 2 tickets for the original i+e leg. I don't remember exploiting a TM loophole, either.

You might want to visit the tour date threads for some European shows and find the specific quieter members who went to those shows. I remember they were very helpful to me.
Old 11-03-2017, 11:27 AM   #149
Blue Crack Supplier

I was thinking about this new album and songs last night and two things struck me;

1 - I used to expect an entire album of great songs from U2 but since Pop its gradually decreased so that at this point I'm just happy for a couple of songs. A sad realization I guess.

2 - My first listen to Get Out was on Youtube and I think it says a lot about how bland and generic "U2-sounding" it is that I was convinced it was a fake upload up until they started singing. It really sounded like someone else with a poor attempt to sound like U2.
Old 11-03-2017, 01:03 PM   #150
Blue Crack Addict

finally got around to listening to get out and the studio version of blackout.

was expecting get out to be a total trainwreck based on the reaction in here but it's really not as terrible as some of you are making it out to be. i agree that it's pretty generic and the lyrics are the obvious weakest part of the song, especially the second verse, but it's really not *that* bad. it's certainly many miles away from being the worst song they've ever written.

i also really don't get at all how people are calling this a beautiful day (or always) rewrite...that makes no sense to me other than the drum pattern is similar, but that doesn't really mean shit.

the studio version of the blackout kicks ass - i absolutely despised the constant screaming fake crowd noise and refused to listen to that facebook version until this was released because i couldn't tell if the song was actually good or not. but now that i can actually hear all the sonic details and effects i really like it. i can get past the name rhyming bits. my biggest complaint is that edge should be higher in the mix, especially in the chorus. but this is easily my favourite of the new tracks so far, and an obvious choice for opener on the tour that i probably won't be seeing (no idea why they didn't announce a toronto show and i'm certainly not spending the money to travel to see them if the show is going to be as similar to i+e as the rumours have been suggesting).