Shuttlecock XVI - Cobbler's Revenge

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Mate this needed some gibberish in the thread title to really rub it in.

I see some people speculating that
Mysterious Ways might be a tribute to Edge's wife as it's their wedding anniversary today. My first thought: "who the fuck knows it's their wedding anniversary?!"

I would 18 million times prefer Ultraviolet over Mysterious Ways.

Good lord no.

I'm so utterly uninterested in the encore that, if there weren't a chance of I Will Follow, I'd be tempted to go home after the main set. The encore from the last three shows is bloody dull - either tracks I actively dislike, or just have no desire to hear live again. Mysterious Ways wouldn't exactly redeem it, but at least the slide solo would kindle some enthusiasm.

I think Miss Sarajevo > Bad > UV > One / BD > Elevation > IWF/Little Things worked quite well.

It flows fine and would probably keep the audience's attention, but speaking personally, apart from Bad (which now seems an early set fixture) and I Will Follow - and maybe Little Things for novelty value - there's nothing there I have any desire to hear. I've heard the rest plenty of times before, and usually better versions. That long intro for Beautiful Day doesn't work and the robotic thing in the middle is weird. No question this is the worst Miss Sarajevo. Elevation is fun enough but I wouldn't miss it. Etc., etc. In a bizarre twist, considering my past statements, One actually strikes me as one of the better-performed encore songs. And if One sticks out to me on that level, you know I really don't care for the encore!

It flows fine and would probably keep the audience's attention, but speaking personally, apart from Bad (which now seems an early set fixture) and I Will Follow - and maybe Little Things for novelty value - there's nothing there I have any desire to hear. I've heard the rest plenty of times before, and usually better versions. That long intro for Beautiful Day doesn't work and the robotic thing in the middle is weird. No question this is the worst Miss Sarajevo. Elevation is fun enough but I wouldn't miss it. Etc., etc. In a bizarre twist, considering my past statements, One actually strikes me as one of the better-performed encore songs. And if One sticks out to me on that level, you know I really don't care for the encore!

I get you. Don't agree, but I get you. Personally, I think this tour's version of Beautiful Day is the best it's ever been. The screen during is stunning, I really like the elongated intro and I like the robotic stuff as well. Elevation was pretty meh for me both nights - aside from Larry looking into the screen which I really dig, I was bored with it. I Will Follow got the crowd 50 times more going than Elevation did. I'd be pretty unhappy with a show that finished with BD/Elevation/Vertigo though, they can do so much better.

Agreed on Miss Sarajevo. I LOVE how relevant they've made it, love the huge flag they move through the crowd, but it's completely pointless if Bono doesn't do the Pavarotti parts. If he does those, I'll take it seven days a week and twice on Sundays. Otherwise, replace it with literally anything else. LIKE PLEASE, FFS.

One is absolutely tremendous on this tour.

Yeah, admittedly I haven't actually seen this tour's Beautiful Day live yet, but some shows with Bono trying to yell random things over the intro have been super clunky. The robotic thing just sounds gimmicky. And I miss the cool little snippets Bono used to do at the end, rather than shoehorning them into the middle.

Also, I swear to god people need to stop calling Miss Sarajevo "Miss Syria". It's the new "Batman" or "Pitnol".

Back
Top Bottom