Shuttlecock XV: Seppos and the 42: Cobbler's Epic Fail

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Don't they skip some verses in the the Wide Awake in America version of ASOH as well? If I remember correctly, they don't get to the See the sky, the burning rain/She will die and live again part in that recording.

I had a feeling they would play it because it was Mother's Day.

I think they added it as a last-minute decision because they were into the crowd. It wasn't on the setlist. I was happy it was getting a pass on this tour, but I've never been so fucking happy to hear it. :lol:

Also, how awesome is it that Bono is singing all the lyrics to NYD for the first time in .... ever? Crazy!

That show last night was super fun. Had such a blast bouncing around like happy idiots with my friends in the back of GA.

This seems to be the first tour that is really acknowledging that Bono's voice is not what it once was. A lot of the older songs are tuned down. I don't think I've ever heard New Year's Day played in as low a key.

I'm fascinated by the new arrangement of Red Hill Mining Town. It's in a lower key and obviously a bit slower and on the piano, and in the first minute I feel like I'm really not going to enjoy it. But then the chorus kicks in, and the way Bono sings it now really fits the manner in which they're playing it.

Exit is awesome.

It's really irritating to me that Lena Dunham is one of the women highlighted on the Ultraviolet video.
So many great women to choose from and they go with her.

I've obviously watched a lot of the videos, but I'm avoiding the new song for now.

These last 5 days are gonna be tough. Luckily there's only one more show and its reactions to make it through.

I'm already a little disappointed because from accidental reveals by people and various articles I feel like I've ruined most if not all of the surprises.

I guess there's still a little bit of variation already so it shouldn't be too bad.

And you haven't seen pictures of Bono's new look, with the fake dreads attached to a cheesy rasta hat. It really doesn't fit well with Mothers of the Disappeared, in my opinion.

I feel like I got a slight contact buzz in Vancouver and Seattle. Lots of big ol' clouds of smoke. I thought Seattle had moved on to edibles, TBH.

Martha, Ash, El Mel, etc.:

Rumor in the other place that Shuttlecock might play Pappy & Harriet's.

Trying not to freak out. This would be even better than that abbreviated Roxy show.

photo

I really, really want to steal it and take pictures of it all around Seattle. who wants to buy me a ticket to Australia so I can get it?

This title is much better.

Much like playing Bad rather than MLK is much better. God I hope those two don't rotate. Getting MLK rather than Bad is the ultimate ripoff.

Back
Top Bottom