Shuttlecock! XIX: Servers of the Disappeared

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you phlegm-free?

yes, I can't remember I caught a cold, which is rare in Canada

Gravy = Party

Elfa, I hope you know that despite all the crap I constantly give you, you're one of my favorite people on Interference. I only dish it out to the people I know can take it.

You are such an ass

and yes I realize that and right back at you buddy :hi5:

I'm already tired of my avatar, has it even lasted a week?

I wish I was good with Photoshop, as I just had a wonderful idea for an avatar titled "Okkervil Raver"....

I listened to some songs from No Line this morning. It was the first time I've listened to any tracks from the album for a surprising amount of time. I'm sorta in the mood to take a spin through the album again. Yayz.

I like writing unrelated things in each line.

yes, I can't remember I caught a cold, which is rare in Canada

Same here. But I was referring more to phlegm from eating certain foods, not phlegm from a cold. But isn't it amazing how food can keep your immune system so strong? I feel like I'm always bragging, which is really annoying, but I have sort of forgotten what it feels like to be sick. *knock on wood*

unrelated things are the best... Did you see the trailer for The Road yet?

WTF, no, I had no idea it was out. I know what I'll be doing when I get home, free Coldplay downloading and Road trailer watching.

Speaking of The Road, I've started reading No Country For Old Men.

Imagine how I feel. It's been 8 years. :crack:

Your avatar has become iconic though, it would completely mess with my mind if you changed it. Maybe that's a good reason TO change it though! :wink:

If it comes down to meat, eggs or bread causing me to be chock full o' mucus, I will take the mucus. I would do very, very poorly on a restrictive diet. I thank {insert deity of choice here} every day that I don't have lactose issues, or gluten issues, or whatever else seems to becoming more and more common.

Dairy doesn't normally doesn't bother me at all (although I do know not to have a big ol' latte before I have to sing); right now I'm just insanely irritated by the congestion that's been with me for about a month and a half this allergy season, so I'm willing to give something different a shot.

For the record, right at this moment I am able to breathe both in AND out through my nose, which is the first time that's happened all week. Is it the Claritin-D? Is it the weather today? Is it the fact that the only dairy I've had so far today is a tiny patty of butter on a roll? Has the Pacific Northwest allergy season come to a screeching halt as of this afternoon?

Tune in three hours from now, for I'm sure I'll be back bitching about how congested I am. :wink:

:yawn:

Will somebody tell me when the random music thread is about music again and not about the Cock jokes they won't come here to post because this is a chat thread and the other one isn't?

Well, u2popmofo and I could start some kind of fight to get it back on track. Would that help?

What's going on with your feet, btw? I just had a pedicure and the woman next to me had the most gigantic bunion I've ever seen. So we talked about that (after I said with my usual grace, "hey, that's some bunion you got there" :lol: ), and I thought about you. :love:

If it comes down to meat, eggs or bread causing me to be chock full o' mucus, I will take the mucus. I would do very, very poorly on a restrictive diet. I thank {insert deity of choice here} every day that I don't have lactose issues, or gluten issues, or whatever else seems to becoming more and more common.

I hear you. That would be pretty tough. But sometimes you can find substitutions that you really actually do like just to get you through allergy season as opposed to some kind of big lifestyle change where you can't eat things you love for the rest of your life.

I don't really have any lactose intolerance or gluten issues either - I just started laying off those things for 'spring cleaning' and to jump start a little weight loss, then I noticed how utterly great I felt, how much better I was sleeping, how I didn't feel tired after lunch any more, so I sort of lost my taste for a lot of things that I used to eat regularly. Any mucous (mucus? I know all about it but I can't spell it) I experience is pretty insignificant but being surrounded by people who are really suffering with allergies, we talk about this stuff a lot and I see what's working and not working for them. Also, after not having dairy and wheat for awhile, I ate one tiny piece of bread in a restaurant and the next morning I woke up and immediately had to blow my nose. No big deal - I wasn't blowing my nose all day or anything - but I realized it was the bread which I found fascinating (because I'm a freak who finds that sort of thing actually fascinating) and now I'm just more tuned in to my body and all that crap. I know, I'm a really boring person.

Well, u2popmofo and I could start some kind of fight to get it back on track. Would that help?
As long as it's about actual music and not cock jokes that rightfully belong here. :up:

What's going on with your feet, btw? I just had a pedicure and the woman next to me had the most gigantic bunion I've ever seen. So we talked about that (after I said with my usual grace, "hey, that's some bunion you got there" :lol: ), and I thought about you. :love:

They're ok. The right foot is tits :up: , but the left one is still fucked up. Is there warranty work on feet? The bunion didn't quite go away, so my big toe is still numb most of the time. I had a neuroma (OOOOOWWWWWWW) removed at the same time, so I think that has something to do with it. Now he wants to break the metatarsal in that same foot because some other semi-painful shit is going on. :no: It doesn't hurt THAT much and it's only really inconvenient.

:sigh:

It could be worse. My poor mother-in-law had some skin cancer removed from her face yesterday, and Steve said it was a fucking horror movie watching the (very competent and talented) doctor sew her up again. :shudder:

Any mucous (mucus? I know all about it but I can't spell it)

My post originally had "mucous," but I looked it up and it's only "mucous" if it's relating to "mucus."

Or something. It's a silly word no matter how you spell it.

I had some sushi for dinner and also had a beer. Behold! Beer has brought myookuss.

Then again, it's been over 12 hours and my Claritin-D has worn off, so it might just be my usual nighttime snottiness making its presence known.

Here's to hoping I won't have to greet you by saying "Hi, bartha, I'b Alicia. *blows nose noisily*"

Why did I drink that beer?

WHYGODWHY

:scream:

They're ok. The right foot is tits :up: , but the left one is still fucked up. Is there warranty work on feet? The bunion didn't quite go away, so my big toe is still numb most of the time. I had a neuroma (OOOOOWWWWWWW) removed at the same time, so I think that has something to do with it. Now he wants to break the metatarsal in that same foot because some other semi-painful shit is going on. :no: It doesn't hurt THAT much and it's only really inconvenient.
:

Damn. That's kind of what this woman was saying - it didn't work for her on one foot so she decided not to do the other foot. My sister's turned out ok.

:hug:

CURSE YOU, BEER!!!!!!!!

*shakes fist at sky*

Lemme guess ... wheat?

(Don't laugh - I don't often drink beer and couldn't tell you what's in it other than hops. I don't even know what hops are.)

Lemme guess ... wheat?

(Don't laugh - I don't often drink beer and couldn't tell you what's in it other than hops. I don't even know what hops are.)

I don't know exactly either. Barley maybe? Now I need a beer. I haven't had one since ... last summer? I must experiment this weekend.

What is it with you and Emergency? Oh, wait - Emergency! ?

Are you drinking wine with it this time?

I was actually starting to get a teensy bit congested after I got home with my dinner, so maybe it was just that the Claritin wore off. Maybe the beer didn't help - but man, it was almost an instantaneous Wall Of Snot after I'd drunk about half the bottle.

Waitaminnit ... maybe it wasn't the beer. It had better not be the sushi, or heads will roll.

Tune in tomorrow for the continuing story of Cori's Snot Monster. I should go make blog entries about this on OKCupid. I bet that'll get me some fine men.

Waitaminnit ... maybe it wasn't the beer. It had better not be the sushi, or heads will roll.

Maybe the soy sauce with the sushi? That has wheat in it (unless they used the wheat-free kind).

Tune in tomorrow for the continuing story of Cori's Snot Monster. I should go make blog entries about this on OKCupid. I bet that'll get me some fine men.

:lol:

Ooh. Ooh!

*runs to fridge, checks bottle of Kikkoman*

Well, whaddya know. Wheat. I swear I didn't even have that much of it.

Damn. I really like soy sauce on my sushi, too.

I guess I should stuff writing this stuff down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom