Shuttlecock! XIX: Servers of the Disappeared

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I honestly wish that entire thread would get closed down and not allowed to come back, as it detracts far too much from actual conversation going on in the normal threads. Most people don't want to venture into the random thread, myself included a lot of the time, and thus never see if there's a mention of an actual band they like. It's incredibly lazy, people go post things there when there's a thread about the band one or two pages back. It causes a massive lack of discussion between regulars and not-so-regulars, and makes casual posters feel even less included. It does nothing but make the entire rest of Bang and Clatter feel dead. Random "music" or "movie" threads are completely unnecessary if that entire section of the forum is dedicated specifically to music or movies. :shrug:

I kind of like the randomness of the random music thread when it's actually about random music. When the same band is discussed for several posts due to laziness, it does get annoying, but a post or two about a band, then moving on is fine.
I do think they're going to get shut down now that they're just chatting.

I honestly wish that entire thread would get closed down and not allowed to come back, as it detracts far too much from actual conversation going on in the normal threads. Most people don't want to venture into the random thread, myself included a lot of the time, and thus never see if there's a mention of an actual band they like. It's incredibly lazy, people go post things there when there's a thread about the band one or two pages back. It causes a massive lack of discussion between regulars and not-so-regulars, and makes casual posters feel even less included. It does nothing but make the entire rest of Bang and Clatter feel dead. Random "music" or "movie" threads are completely unnecessary if that entire section of the forum is dedicated specifically to music or movies. :shrug:

The movie thread sticks more to the topic, I guess. I kind of feel bad for keeping the music one decidedly off-topic, but I just enjoy having a good conversation any place.

well said

:lol:

I don't know what it is, but when people say shit like that (and there's always at least one), my response is completely irrational. I realize it's ridiculous that it makes me so pissed off, but it does.

:hug:

You're a shining example of how to utilize the B&C forum. ;)

I believe my Wimbledon thread is an even better example.

Shuttlecock XX: The Real Thread. Accept No Substitutes.

Don't be dragging your in-jokes from the other thread in here, LMP. :angry:

But please explain it to me, because I missed that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom