Shuttlecock XII - u wish Cobbler would Stay (Faraway, not Close!) from making threads

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Just joining team anti-trip through your wires and pro-mothers of the disappeared. So now you know these are the "wrong" opinions. Alright, I'll show myself out.

This is a sooooooooooong
A soooooooong for Cobbler
This is a soooooooooooooooooooooong
a sooooooong for Cobbler

Goddamnit I even had an idea for this thread but had to do actual WORK and now look what's happened.

I'm team Joshua Tree kicks ass. Trip is good, MOTD is good. It's gotta suck to not like something on that album.

Last edited:
Frankly the only U2 album that doesn't have something I skip on most listens is Boy.

UF is close but I usually just don't bother with MLK. There's no real need to, you know?

OH GAWD A SONG FROM THE NINETYS GOT SOUNDCHEXD, MOMMA

It's Two Shots of Happy, One Shot of Sad. Couldn't be more representative of that era!

Can somebody PLEASE change the relevant part of this thread's title to "you"?

So there's hope for live Womanfish part deux after all :drool:

OH GAWD A SONG FROM THE NINETYS GOT SOUNDCHEXD, MOMMA

It's Two Shots of Happy, One Shot of Sad. Couldn't be more representative of that era!

I absolutely love this song, but a rather odd choice for this tour. Of course I'm skeptical about this news.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

I also saw a rumor that
Adele would make a guest appearance. I can imagine her singing that song, but dang, very random.

seinfeld-george-trying-to-look-cool.jpg

Looks like all those rumors were unfounded. I get that they're filming soon, but U2 has gotten absurdly gunshy, especially compared to the U.S. leg or even early European shows.

You can't make this stuff up...
Pulled directly from Pearl Jam's forum...
Pearl Jam: Estadio Nacional, Santiago, Chile. November 04 2015
Set List

Walk On Music: 9:08 Phillip Glass-Metamorphosis 2
On Stage: 09:09
Off Stage:11:50

01. Pendulum
02. Release
03. Nothingman
04. Go
05. Mind Your Manners
06. Corduroy

(Ed asks Pete, head of security, if everyone is okay. Pete replies in the affirmative.)

07. Lightning Bolt

(Ed addresses the crowd in Spanish. He mentions that this is the fifth time they have been to Santiago. He complements the singing crowds that have been outside the hotel. He also mentions a radio station and gives the call sign in his best DJ voice)

08. Even Flow

(Crowd does the Olé Pearl Jam chant while Ed apologizes for not paying more attention in his high school Spanish class)

09. Sirens-(sing along outro)

(Ed apologizes again for not paying attention in school during Spanish because he never thought he would ever get to travel. Instead he practiced guitar, “which is a lie because I am a shit guitar player. I smoked a lot of pot….and practiced guitar which is why I am a shit guitar player. Mike McCready he doesn’t speak Spanish but he can really play guitar.” Mike indicates something little with his thumb and forefinger. Ed says, “I don’t want to know about the size of your penis. Oh, you speak a little Spanish?” Mike says “Un poquito, It refers to both things.”
Ed then gets more serious and notes that many of the people in Chile have had a very difficult year. He goes on to mention Wuilman and Arlette who had tickets to the show but passed away and dedicates “Light Years” to them and any other people that need it.)
La conmovedora historia del matrimonio que ni siquiera la muerte pudo separar | Diario El Día

10.Light Years
11. Severed Hand
12. Daughter (during tag section Ed sings “she said no”)
13. Given To Fly (This one’s for ?Layo or Leo?)
14. Got Some
15. In Hiding
16. Rearviewmirror

Encore Break 1
(Ed addresses the crowd in Spanish. I think he says something about being invited to play here and thanks the audience for singing from the heart. He says the next song is for a couple that met at a Pearl Jam show and that they are now married and that they have a child. This was their wedding song)

17. Just Breathe
18. Mother-(Waters)

(Ed addresses the audience in Spanish talking about the next song)

19. Imagine-(Lennon)
20. Black (During this song the stadium is filled with lights from the audience’s cell phones)
21. Why Go
22. Do The Evolution
23. Porch

Encore Break 2

24. State Of Love And Trust
25. Better Man

(Ed address the audience again. He toasts them and mentions the wine.)

26. Alive
27. Rockin’ In The Free World-(Young)
28. Yellow Ledbetter

So apparently Eddie Vedder knows all about Bono's Chilean love child.

Axver some idiot at your website is counting The Fly as a full song. I could get behind Zooropa but do not allow this. I was so pumped when I saw a tweet saying The Fly had been played when it absolutely has not been.

Axver some idiot at your website is counting The Fly as a full song. I could get behind Zooropa but do not allow this. I was so pumped when I saw a tweet saying The Fly had been played when it absolutely has not been.

I think some are saying Bono is singing live over the remix, so there's debate if it counts :shrug:

I mean did the people who care count Edge's karaoke song?

Bono's possibly singing it live, so we're going to have to count it somehow if so.

The "somehow" part remains up in the air. I'm considering some possible options but none satisfy me yet; might need something temporary for now before some coding tweaks at the end of the leg.

And yes, the Popmart karaoke is counted as a full song - as are other songs whose "live" performances were backing track central, such as Crazy Tonight, Numb, Lemon, or all those TV shows where it's just Bono singing and the band miming.

Back
Top Bottom