Shuttlecock XII - u wish Cobbler would Stay (Faraway, not Close!) from making threads

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Paris shows rescheduled for December 6th and 7th. HBO special will be on December 7th at 9 PM EST.

U2 > News > "Our Best For Paris"

Those Paris shows are going to be incredible.

A little bummed it won't be the first night that's broadcast. They're going to have to replicate a very unique show and its accompanying emotion, and I'm actually more interested in seeing a bootleg video of that one. Unless, of course, they go off-script and bust out Bad for the second show.

A little bummed it won't be the first night that's broadcast. They're going to have to replicate a very unique show and its accompanying emotion, and I'm actually more interested in seeing a bootleg video of that one. Unless, of course, they go off-script and bust out Bad for the second show.
It's going to be the last show of the tour, so Bad/40 as the closer makes a lot of sense doesn't it?

I said all along we'd not get an album in 2014 or 2015. I would wager the chances of us getting an album in 2016 pretty low as well. This is U2 we're talking about. Kings of disappointment.

I'll take RTSS with a Dirty Old Town snippet, thanks U2

Yeah. This x10000000000

I said all along we'd not get an album in 2014 or 2015. I would wager the chances of us getting an album in 2016 pretty low as well. This is U2 we're talking about. Kings of disappointment.

Yeah. This x10000000000
Well uh, I don't know if you heard, but we did get an album in 2014.

Dude, come on, it's totally gonna be stylized like "Songs o' X-perience" like a Prince record or somethin.

Bono could sing a lounge version of I Could Never Take the Place of Your Man as he serenades girls on stage.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Shuttlecock XII - u wish Cobbler would Stay (Faraway, not Close!) from making...

Hey guys, found another cover for you.

This one is a couple of random guys doing Stateless acoustically. Not live, just recorded probably on home equipment, no video. I know what you're thinking - that Stateless is so atmospheric and how could justice be done to it acoustically - well, it's obviously not as good as the original, but it's still pretty enjoyable. I think it adequately captures the essence of the song. Props to whoever these guys are. Have a listen:

Sent from my iPad using U2 Interference

Last edited:
Nothing to offer on the cover just yet, but that reminds me... hot damn what a genius guitar line Edge came up with for Stateless. And that was in 1999/2000. What a waste of talent that guy's last ten or fifteen years have been. It's like he lost a bet with Larry or something.

Shuttlecock XII - u wish Cobbler would Stay (Faraway, not Close!) from making...

I don't think even U2 suggested it would come out within three months of Songs of Innocence.
If my memory's right, I think they've been saying 2016 since Songs of Innocence was released.

If my memory's right, I think they've been saying 2016 since Songs of Innocence was released.

I believe someone said "hopefully in about 18 months" or similar at one point in the aftermath of SOI, that would put us around March 2016. That won't happen I'm sure, but I think that time frame was tossed around.

If it comes out a even a day after next March I'm calling it a delay.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom