Shuttlecock XII - u wish Cobbler would Stay (Faraway, not Close!) from making threads

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Look at the latest comment
CT53PQAU8AIzdnv.png

I got a wee bit emotional the other day when I was thinking of all this Paris stuff, and then got even more emotional when a line from Song for Someone popped into my head. 'There is a light, don't let it go out.' It's the type of thing I have mocked the band for pretty mercilessly in recent times but, gotta say, this Belfast gig, the rescheduled Paris gigs... would be pretty special to be there. Goes without saying it seems quite petty to even think about setlists anymore, so I'd sit there and start crying at a cliche line from a song I don't like all that much, U2 just have that emotional power, hey.

I got a wee bit emotional the other day when I was thinking of all this Paris stuff, and then got even more emotional when a line from Song for Someone popped into my head. 'There is a light, don't let it go out.' It's the type of thing I have mocked the band for pretty mercilessly in recent times but, gotta say, this Belfast gig, the rescheduled Paris gigs... would be pretty special to be there. Goes without saying it seems quite petty to even think about setlists anymore, so I'd sit there and start crying at a cliche line from a song I don't like all that much, U2 just have that emotional power, hey.

:up:

I'll tell you this. A year or two ago I decided to stop dissecting every lyric, note, interview, set list, etc and just enjoy what the band gives me. You can probably classify me as a blind sheep or whatever you want, but I've enjoyed this era more than any other era since I joined this site in 2000. For example, I couldn't care less that they play Elevation in Europe. I live in Wisconsin. This has no affect on me whatsoever. It's just keeping this perspective that makes the band more enjoyable. I don't even consider it dumbing it down. It's more of giving myself the gift of positivity.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

I wonder if he's going to change up the lyrics for Raised by Wolves?

5:30 on a Friday night, 33 good people cut down can be very easily altered...

I can easily see him changing the aforementioned SFS lyric to "(There is a) City of Lights/don't let them go out".

Shuttlecock XII - u wish Cobbler would Stay (Faraway, not Close!) from making...

They're most likely going to be well rested, which is great.

I like it. Reminds me of early Stone Temple Pilots.

I like the bullhorn, but I agree it should be more sparing. Using it to accentuate a line or two here and there would be more effective.

No surprises tonight but that's okay considering how on point and amazing they sounded. Sweetest Thing actually sounded great.

Bono mentioned that Ali wasn't there (a first for Sweetest Thing this tour?), so maybe the pressure was off.

Bono mentioned that Ali wasn't there (a first for Sweetest Thing this tour?), so maybe the pressure was off.
The best Springsteen show I ever saw (I've seen three) by far was the one where his wife wasn't with them. He was, shall we say, flirty with the young women at the front of the stage.

Back
Top Bottom