Shuttlecock X: Cobbler gets on stage and forces U2 into a medley of Outkast covers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Then I'll learn Runaway and my ultimate dream of being frontman and multi-instrumentalist in a cover band that only plays different picks from my favourite songs every night can finally begin.

Runaway is so fun to play on piano. Makes me sound like a damn genius because it's so simple.

The song I want to learn next: Lonely by Tom Waits.

Last edited:
Re: RTSS, it's seriously just chords to my knowledge. Watch this guy's hands and try to copy him, you'll have it pretty quickly:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EjWvdNU2ZKk

It's in the key of C, so it's C to F over and over in the verses with G-F-G-F-C in the chorus.

The album version's in D major, actually. So the verse is D to G, and then I guess the chorus is A-G-A-G-D?

EDIT: my bad, you mentioned this in the past thread. Carry on!

(Also, :boo: at the thread title.)

Alright actually :yay: at the thread title.

Either way works. You can play the progression in different keys and it won't affect the way you sing it all that much.

How depraved are we that when a snippet gets sang for the first time in 4 years we freak out?

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Even a fucking Rolling Stone article just mentioned it. You know a hardcore fan wrote that. Probably the same guy that gave SOI a 5/5.

Last edited:
On a completely side note my nephew is staying with relatives on Nantucket this summer and last evening whilst he and some friends were hanging around one of the yacht clubs they noticed a huge super yacht pull in....... it was Bono's!

On a completely side note my nephew is staying with relatives on Nantucket this summer and last evening whilst he and some friends were hanging around one of the yacht clubs they noticed a huge super yacht pull in....... it was Bono's!

loveboathorror59.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

How depraved are we that when a snippet gets sang for the first time in 4 years we freak out?

I laughed when I watched the video, because naturally Bono sang it in Bongolese.

"YEEEEEEEEEEAH, we'll shine like stars in the summer night! We'll smergy blerg frommy simmernah!"

California has grown on me immensely. It's one of their purest melodies and hooks in a long, long time and, despite the hokey sentiment, it sounds fresh. Not that I give a damn about chart performance, but if they want a chance of a hit single with SoI, this is the song.

Seems though that the live versions really suffer without the chorus synths.

My nephew sent me pics of boat, how does one put a picture on this here old site?

Upload it to photobucket or some such hosting site, and use the IMG tags here to post the URL.

There's also a way to do it via attachments, but not everyone can see them.

California has grown on me immensely. It's one of their purest melodies and hooks in a long, long time and, despite the hokey sentiment, it sounds fresh. Not that I give a damn about chart performance, but if they want a chance of a hit single with SoI, this is the song.

Seems though that the live versions really suffer without the chorus synths.

Agree with all of this, minus the "growing" part, as I've always loved it.

My nephew sent me pics of boat, how does one put a picture on this here old site?

I can't believe no one has posted the Captain Tubing/Laz boat pic yet. Cock Force be slippin'.

Just watched the clip from Tuesday with Gibson Girl. That was really cool. :up:

Back
Top Bottom