Shuttlecock X: Cobbler gets on stage and forces U2 into a medley of Outkast covers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I can't disagree with that.

Cori, can you recommend any good bootlegs from this tour so far?

Not Cori (obviously), but Boston 1 & 2 both have great, high quality bootlegs. Probably the two best of the tour so far from what I've found.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Confirmed: NYC4 will be the only show at which The Fly is not played.

Hot damn. Cool Fly text graphics on the screen over the yellow "Berlin Wall" setup.

Someone said it's Gavin Friday's cover of the song, but I swear it sounds just like Bono singing.

Yeah, the graphics were great use of the screen. Obviously it would be better if they kept The Wanderer as the intermission and played The Fly live with those graphics.

Elevation and Stuck: good enough to be played live on the mini-stage

The Wanderer and The Fly: only good enough to play over the PA during intermission

:|

It was just this. Whoever heard it said "It was a completely different version" than had ever been performed, and this intermission thing was a remix. It was definitely that video.

I'd be so amused if they only put The Fly as an intermission track.

Lemon on Popmart was at least an obscure remix that had relatively little to do with the original.

I'm glad I didn't see the report of The Fly being soundchecked before going to the show, would have been disappointed. As it stands, was a refreshing change from The Wanderer for intermission, but clearly not 1% as good as the band actually playing it.

Good to hear Gloria, though it meant I missed Out of Control as I only went to nights 1, 3 and 4. That's the only thing about night 2 (and maybe Desire) that I regret not seeing.

Volcano live was pretty good. The bass being the best part.

I'm glad I didn't see the report of The Fly being soundchecked before going to the show, would have been disappointed. As it stands, was a refreshing change from The Wanderer for intermission, but clearly not 1% as good as the band actually playing it.

Good to hear Gloria, though it meant I missed Out of Control as I only went to nights 1, 3 and 4. That's the only thing about night 2 (and maybe Desire) that I regret not seeing.

Volcano live was pretty good. The bass being the best part.

I went to the same shows..... do you agree that 3 and 4 were good but didn't match Night 1?

It killed me to hear that The Fly was sound checked but not played... the Fly intermission was a nice switch..... on to MSG #1

The energy/intensity at night 1 overall seemed the best (the back to back combo of Ordinary Love and piano EBW notwithstanding, show kind of ground to a halt there only to pick up nicely right after) and I think when its the first time you see it live, that show has a tendency to stand out cuase on the subsequent nights we knew much of what was coming. Plus of course Bad helps elevate 1 over 3 and 4.

The round stage portion was by far the best on Tuesday (Boston 3) with Crystal Ballroom and All I Want is You.

Last edited:
The energy/intensity at night 1 overall seemed the best (the back to back combo of Ordinary Love and piano EBW notwithstanding, show kind of ground to a halt there only to pick up nicely right after) and I think when its the first time you see it live, that show has a tendency to stand out cuase on the subsequent nights we knew much of what was coming. Plus of course Bad helps elevate 1 over 3 and 4.

The round stage portion was by far the best on Tuesday (Boston 3) with Crystal Ballroom and All I Want is You.

Crystal and AIWIY was outstanding.... One of my biggest memories from night 1 was Edge going kinda ape shit dancing on the estage - I was seated on the corner not far away from him and it just charged that whole end of the arena - in all my shows I have never seen him do anything close to that before, it was AWESOME!

Back
Top Bottom