Shuttlecock VII: Journeys to The Edge of the catwalk

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We had a blast last night as well. Met some really nice cool people in GA. From your pictures on fb, Cori, it looks we were on the opposite side from you. I took DB's advice and we didn't go into GA until 30 minutes before the show started and were still able to get a great spot.

One of the guys with us is fairly big U2 fan, but this was his first U2 concert, so it was fun seeing his reactions from GA. He loved it.

That was my first time hearing Out of Control and When Love Comes To Town live, so that was pretty great. Miracle, Iris, Cedarwood, and Raised By Wolves all sounded great live, although not a lot of crowd singing on the newer songs. Pleasantly surprised by Every Breaking Wave. Its fun to hear Bullet again after having a break from it on 360. Miracle Drug really shouldn't open the encore, but everyone is going crazy again when Streets starts. The Phoenix crowd did seem pretty good, not that I have a lot to compare it to.

Another in our group is going to New York night 6 and it really makes me want to hit another show, possibly Denver. That was the closest I've ever been to the band, so that alone made the concert memorable.

Now begins the long drive home, at least I'm staying tomorrow night in Vegas on the way back. Overall I'm really glad I made the effort and spent the money to make it happen.

I had a blast, too. It was great to see you, cori, however briefly, and then hanging with HeartlandGirl and mofo until waaaay late last night was a great ending to the weekend. Ten years later, back in the same city where we all first met. Pretty freaking cool.

I was so tired this morning that I almost missed the airport stop on the metro. Thank you to the guy sitting next to me who said "have a good trip!" which was my cue to get the hell off the train before the doors closed. And then when I got home I missed my exit and didn't realize it until five miles later. I think perhaps I should not have been behind the wheel. :crack:

I was cool with the setlists. I take back what I said about When Love Comes to Town. It was SO GOOD.

I don't even realize I'd reacted weird, now I'm going to be paranoid any time someone hugs me!

Sorry if I weirded you out to call that out! I'm a hugger, and I sometimes go in for it before I realize the other person might not be a hugger. Ha ha.

I was just happy I spotted you. :)

And your seat really was the douchebaggiest ever. Well done, you.

Hey. Quick question. Which is the best audio recording of the tour so far?

I've been grabbing those that pop up on U2start but haven't had a chance to compare. Obsessively watching for Phoenix recordings to pop up.

U2inUtah, sorry I didn't get to meet you!

I had a two-hour nap when I got home so I could go to my friend's game night tonight. He was telling everyone "She just got back from Phoenix to see U2, she decided to go on Thursday night!" I got a few looks.

Oh! And now I have met former poster Queen Bee - some of you may remember her. She is a most excellent concert buddy.

DON'T CARE I KNOW I'M COOL.

Starting to get excited now!

Quick question: I haven't looked, but it sounds like they're treating NLOTH like POP. Have they even played a snippet of a song from the previous album?

Yeah, we got some Moment of Surrender at the end to a song (can't remember which) in Phoenix.

This whole site is full of fucking haters. Jesus.

Feels like anyone who hasn't seen a show yet just hates the way they're doing everything.

This whole site is full of fucking haters. Jesus.

Feels like anyone who hasn't seen a show yet just hates the way they're doing everything.

it gets very tiresome after a while. I understand he whole "blind sheep who love everything" argument and I even get the "I LOVE U2 SOOO MUCH I ONLY WANT THEM TO SUCEED SO I WILL SHIT ON EVERYTHING THEY DO NOW BECAUSE I KNOW THEY ARE CAPABLE OF SOOOO MUCH MOAR!!!!1" crowd but I really think at the end of the day people need to lighten the fuck up a bit and just go with it.

Totally agree. There's criticism, and then there's people who ... well, they just need to shut the hell up.

Yeah, I had no idea they had put together different "intermissions." I love it. Better than the punk one - it was very difficult in Vancouver to hear what was being said.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom