Shuttlecock VI: Leo can't see from GA cause his Dad put Red Zone on the rail

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Man, there's a certain calm that comes with not bothering to follow the rehearsals. Maybe the potential setlists don't look too exciting. Maybe they're making some dumb choices in what songs they're playing and what songs they're not.

:shrug:

I'm still pumped to see them in June (on my birthday!) and I'm sure I'll enjoy the hell out of the show.

Man, there's a certain calm that comes with not bothering to follow the rehearsals. Maybe the potential setlists don't look too exciting. Maybe they're making some dumb choices in what songs they're playing and what songs they're not.

I'm still pumped to see them in June (on my birthday!) and I'm sure I'll enjoy the hell out of the show.

What this guy said.

Word from people who have been privileged to see the sneak previews is that the show is astounding.

Sent from my ass crack

I'm glad you agree, pappy.

Our band, called The Sick Cunts, will be playing RTSS with a Pyramid Song snippet as well as Bad with a SpottieOttieDopalicious snippet.

If I could, through myself
Set your spirit free
I'd lead your heart away
See you break, break away
Into the light
And to the day

Go ahead and marinate on that for a minute

Tonight's rehearsal:

01 - The Miracle (of Joey Ramone)
02 - Out of Control
03 - Vertigo
04 - I Will Follow
05 - Iris (Hold Me Close)
06 - Cedarwood Road
07 - Song for Someone
08 - Sunday Bloody Sunday
09 - Raised by Wolves
10 - Until the End of the World
--- BREAK ---
11 - Invisible
12 - Even Better Than the Real Thing
13 - Desire
14 - Mysterious Ways
15 - Sweetest Thing
16 - Every Breaking Wave
17 - Bullet the Blue Sky
18 - Pride (In the Name of Love)
19 - The Troubles
20 - With or Without You
21 - City of Blinding Lights
22 - Beautiful Day
23 - Where the Streets Have No Name
24 - I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For

The ending is still a confused mess and I have no idea what they're doing. The first 10 tracks are sequenced very well, especially 8-10, but 16-24 is a clusterfuck. I'm guessing they don't have the whole thing finalized.

I wish they would try Cedarwood Road into Bullet.

Last edited:

Seriously, I don't know how people can continually get upset and surprised that the band is playing songs they like playing, or songs that the majority of people at a U2 concert in 2014 want to hear. Great drama!

11 - Invisible
13 - Desire
14 - Mysterious Ways

This seems the best section to me on paper.

As usual, the band will see what works and what doesn't, and this setlist will change over the course of the first few shows. By the time many of us see them, things will likely be a little different, especially in cities with 4-6 shows.

Tonight's rehearsal:

01 - The Miracle (of Joey Ramone)
02 - Out of Control
03 - Vertigo
04 - I Will Follow
05 - Iris (Hold Me Close)
06 - Cedarwood Road
07 - Song for Someone
08 - Sunday Bloody Sunday
09 - Raised by Wolves
10 - Until the End of the World
--- BREAK ---
11 - Invisible
13 - Desire
14 - Mysterious Ways
15 - Sweetest Thing
16 - Every Breaking Wave
17 - Bullet the Blue Sky
18 - Pride (In the Name of Love)
19 - The Troubles
20 - With or Without You
21 - City of Blinding Lights
22 - Beautiful Day
23 - Where the Streets Have No Name
24 - I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For

The ending is still a confused mess and I have no idea what they're doing. The first 10 tracks are sequenced very well, especially 8-10, but 16-24 is a clusterfuck. I'm guessing they don't have the whole thing finalized.

I wish they would try Cedarwood Road into Bullet.

I think The Troubles --> With Or Without You is a good pairing. EBTTRT after Invisicock is pretty daft.

Also, their perpetual obligation to play THOSE four songs from JT makes it hard for any deeper album cuts to appear, which is a shame.

I think The Troubles --> With Or Without You is a good pairing. EBTTRT after Invisicock is pretty daft.

Also, their perpetual obligation to play THOSE four songs from JT makes it hard for any deeper album cuts to appear, which is a shame.
I think they want to fade the octave pedal intro in under people doing the "Only us" part.

Pics of tour merch are floating around already. They actually have a shirt of the infamous "bedridden" photo. The people who design this shit are a far cry from the creative people they had during Zoo-TV and Popmart, that's for sure.

I haven't bought a Shuttlecock tee since the Elevation Tour (not that the ones for that tour were that great) and I don't think anything will be changing this time around.

Oh yeah, the shirts are going for $45. Fuckin rah-dik-ah-less.

What's the worst tour merch anyone's seen at a show? I didn't get anything at Father John Misty (despite an awesome show) because they were all bad. The best one was literally just a shirt that had the opening line from the title track written in cursive on it. And I'm not really one to try to explain the reference with "Mascara, blood, ash, cum" on it.

I got a shirt at Cut/Copy a few years ago that I loved. Then I lost it and am still hoping I can get it back at some point.

I haven't bought a Shuttlecock tee since the Elevation Tour

Pop was last time I bought one, and don't see anything that will change that, especially at those prices...maybe a few sheckles less in the US, but probably still $40...no thanks. Maybe the bootleggers will have some decent $10 T-shirts outside the show.

The best one I have is St. Vincent, which is a plain navy blue T-shirt with just the three symbol logo from the self-titled album in thin, gold font. It's perfect.

Not even sure when the last time I bought a gig shirt was. Last several Pearl Jam shirts I bought were from the website, not tour merch. I became a sucker for their annual Halloween T-shirt, this being the best one...

29bna7o.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom