Shuttlecock VI: Leo can't see from GA cause his Dad put Red Zone on the rail

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Its sad when the first clever / funny thing I witnessed on Jimmy Fallon's show was The Roots using Mr. Me Too as the song while U2 entered the stage.

Didn't you say that song wasn't going to be the opener?

Things changed. Only recently did they switch to rehearsing it as the opener to the second half of the set instead. In the earlier rehearsals it was the only song rehearsed in any opening role, at least as far as the info received at the time suggested.

Screenshot_2015-05-09-07-47-08.png

Screenshot_2015-05-09-07-47-38.png

Things changed. Only recently did they switch to rehearsing it as the opener to the second half of the set instead. In the earlier rehearsals it was the only song rehearsed in any opening role, at least as far as the info received at the time suggested.

Hmm. I'm not sure that original opener works either. Of course, the song I think should open hasn't even been rehearsed at all. :angry:

Damn shame they didn't air Angel of Harlem. This version of Song For Someone did nothing to improve my opinion of it.

HOLY SHIT THAT TEASER THO. I cannot wait, that stage is going to be amazeballs, I think.

There's probably a law of physics or mathematics or the universe that states once U2 has discovered the coolest thing they could do, they must do the opposite. That means you're all getting the same acoustic In a little While to open all the shows.

Wouldn't be so sure about that. I was looking at ?uestlove's twitter from last week and no mention of U2 at all. Obviously not super excited about playing with them.

Well on the positive side, the Red Zone isn't hogging the catwalk. On the negative side, they're taking up more room on the front of the main stage.

This is likely more fair overall than what people were worried about.

The big question, and I didn't see this clarified, is whether you can request North or South, as people with tickets for more than one show might want to switch it up and see if the visuals are different.

I would have expected Laz to be way more excited about the stage being shaped like a giant penis.

Wouldn't be so sure about that. I was looking at ?uestlove's twitter from last week and no mention of U2 at all. Obviously not super excited about playing with them.

I dunno..but I found it puzzling myself. He's very prolific on Twitter, on a wide range of topics. Just odd he wouldn't even write one single tweet about it...

The big question, and I didn't see this clarified, is whether you can request North or South, as people with tickets for more than one show might want to switch it up and see if the visuals are different.

The FAQ made it sound like if your tickets say North or South, then that's the side you went, but not everyone's tickets have that on there, I guess? So when that happens I think they just give out N or S upon request (I'm assuming you can ask) until they run out of wristbands for one particular side, since they only have a certain amount for each side.

Or something. I'm glad I have seats.

How can the tickets say that on there? They hadn't even finalized this stage design setup when they went on sale last year, right?

So when they had the ticket drop Saturday for Vancouver, I took a peak out of curiosity and GA on the pick your own seats map was split into North and South (you could buy tix in North, none available in South),

http://www.ticketmaster.com/u2-inno...catid=1&tm_link=artist_msg-1_11004D7AD2C290EB

so the question is did Vancouver tix from the original sale have a distinction between N and S or is this a new development? There was definitely no distinction in Boston.

Also peole are assuming you can request one side or the other. I would expect they'll just hand you a wristband for whichever and its out of your control.

FRom the @U2 FAQ:

Live Nation: "For safety and logistics reasons, the two sides of the floor will be assigned a fixed number of wristbands to match the legally allowed capacity of each side of the floor. These will be put on at the wristbanding tables in the entry area. The wristbands will allow restricted access only to the labeled North Side or South Side of the particular wristband.

"So if friends have purchased GA tickets separately, they should enter the venue together in order to guarantee they will be on the same side."

Right, it says enter together so you're on the same side. Doesn't say you get to choose what side.
So obviuosly if you approach the table they'll ask how many folks in your group and assign everyone to the same side, still not clear if you can request either side.

My shows are 2 months out, so all the bugs should be out of the system long before then. Basically its the folks with Vancouver GA who are going in with inadequate info.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom