Shuttlecock V: Sleep Like Leo Tonight

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
10848487_1519976981588734_1705600420_n.jpg

Bono looks sad.

You would be too, if you found out you couldn't stand on a street corner singing in front of a mob of cell phones held aloft on Christmas Eve.

I never seen it in that good of quality. I had an mp3 version of it on my old PC. The only video I had ever seen was of low quality. I also remember seeing other video bits of that appearance where bono went toe-to-toe with a young guy in the audience who asked a question that bothered bono kind of. I need to look that up again.

Post it if you find it! I love this one, and that's really nice picture quality. Dear heaven it's almost sweet how rough they sound in this format. The JT era acoustic performances really show what a transition they were in.

Never saw that before Laz, nice find. Bono's left arm is clearly not in his coat sleeve, so it still must be immobile, man that sucks!

I never seen it in that good of quality. I had an mp3 version of it on my old PC. The only video I had ever seen was of low quality. I also remember seeing other video bits of that appearance where bono went toe-to-toe with a young guy in the audience who asked a question that bothered bono kind of. I need to look that up again.

Yep, I have an old MP3 of that, but that video is brilliant.

Nice find, Laz.

. Bono's left arm is clearly not in his coat sleeve, so it still must be immobile, man that sucks!

Looks like you can see his left wrist area under his right hand in a wrap or cast pressed against his abdomen, definitely immobilized.
Face looks good though.

Are we sure that was really Bono? A while back I heard that he has multiple body doubles, much like the former president of Iraq.

Great to see him out and about, but yes, does he look bummed out. You have to wonder what is going through his mind now, on multiple fronts...

If you check out the Facebook montage--there is one pic of him standing on a step. Both feet planted on a step, he has clearly stopped climbing the steps for a moment, or is climbing them slowly. Helped by his bodyguard. Plus he seems unusually somber...barely looking at the camera in any pics so far...in the past he'd look at the camera, or give a peace sign, or something. And in the car, he has his scarf pulled up around his face. I don't know, this complete evasion behavior is unusual for him...or maybe he's still hopped up on the painkillers....

Geez, I'm happy he's slowly recovering, but worried for him too. Somehow May just seems too close. I can't even imagine him performing in 5 months, on tour. I remember watching the footage of the first show he did after his back injury, and he was soon running laps around the stage again. I was really scared. "OMG, Bono, PLEASE don't do that...." Do you think he'll be as careless this summer? Somehow this seems so much more serious. How will this change his performing style? I mean, something as simple as throwing out his arms as he goes for the high notes...

Anyway, merry (as possible) Christmas, "Uncle B", and here's to a happier 2015 than 2014 has been.

Yeah, B just doesn't look like he's feeling very well at all. Not saying he's in a coma and can't tour, but he looks like he feels pretty shitty.

My personal favorite part of that is Edge muffling the bar chords in the beginning and then looking down verrrry carefully each time to make sure he hits it. And hooray for happy Adam-- he was so adorable.

Great to see him out and about, but yes, does he look bummed out. You have to wonder what is going through his mind now, on multiple fronts...

If you check out the Facebook montage--there is one pic of him standing on a step. Both feet planted on a step, he has clearly stopped climbing the steps for a moment, or is climbing them slowly. Helped by his bodyguard. Plus he seems unusually somber...barely looking at the camera in any pics so far...in the past he'd look at the camera, or give a peace sign, or something. And in the car, he has his scarf pulled up around his face. I don't know, this complete evasion behavior is unusual for him...or maybe he's still hopped up on the painkillers....

It's clear the paid impersonator is still getting a feel for the public deception. He might be doing this for a long time and wants to take it slowly.

Oh, his doppelganger still is around? LOL.

Really, I didn't know he had one. Of course that's our B in the pic, but what's the history of this Pavel guy you folks keep talking about?

The best thing the paid impersonator can do is show as little emotion as possible to avoid blowing their cover. He did nice work here.

Five minutes in and he's singing about his mother... I always loved that raw self-exposure underneath all the heavyweight-champ malarkey. And to start their concerts, most of the time!

That certain Hold Me Close song sounds even more artificial and cringe-worthy after hearing Mofo again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom