Shuttlecock V: Sleep Like Leo Tonight

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm resentful at the lack of genuine outrage being shown by you fucks on account of my having to park one block over during this video shoot. Doesn't anyone care? I'm a ratepayer, goddammit!!

Sent from my ass crack

Are we sure this is trolling? Isn't Mikal recently single?

I can't stop laughing at these. Only read a few so I can save some for later.

was some guy sitting on his couch one day and thought man, for the last 10 years i have alwys felt kind of like i was sitting on top of a cd when i sit in this one part? let me rip open the cushion and check...jackpot!

Why do I venture into FYM?? It just gets me all riled up.

Lying in a cushy New York hospital on cloud-like pillows, surrounded by flowers of well-wishes and piles of fan-sent teddy bears, Bono floated in his haze of pain meds and smiled smugly.

Despite the pain, despite the surgeries, despite the on-hold plans for the band's latest bout of world domination, it was all worth it, knowing that the impersonators would now all be a step behind in their quest to mimic him and fool the public.

"The world is safe from Pavel for at least a while longer," he thought before slipping into another hazy dream of money raining from his dreary hometown skies.

it's always baffled me why he doesn't just sue the guy. it's one thing if someone walks up to you and says, "hey!! aren't you...?" and you don't correct them. it's still one thing if someone asks you to sign an autograph and you do so, signing as the famous person (but getting into tricky territory i think).

but once you accept money to appear as someone else, that's fraud. correct me if i'm wrong, but pavel has accepted money to either appear at places or speak under the guise he was really bono, right?

I tend to agree Khanada but accepting money to appear usually boils down to being hired by said organizers, who are clearly in on it, as are anyone else participating. The point I'm trying to make is that people like to be entertained in a variety of ways, and those who provide such entertainment do deserve to be compensated. For instance, that "cop" who shows up at your stagette...he deserves to be paid even tho he's not really a cop, right?

Where it gets a bit murky, is where yes the organizers are in on it but the audience is not...but even then I guess it's a case by case thing really. For instance...should dying children or soldiers in a hospital "know better" when "Bono" shows up at their bedside? Maybe not, because in a general sense this may be something that the real Bono *might do. I cant support that. But how about your office Christmas party for Dunder Mifflin? It could be argued that if anyones stupid enough to believe that Bono is coming to one's office party, they deserve to be duped a little bit. But what if you work at Google headquarters? Maybe not such a stretch after all, huh? But then one would hope that organizers for Google wouldn't be so dumb..

Sent from my ass crack

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom