Shuttlecock! Part XVIII - Like the top of an airborne birdie's head

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
dear Shuttlecock:

please let me direct all your videos from this point forward.

i promise that no one will ever feel embarrassed for you.

best,

irvine

it was pretty cool - in a HOLY SHIT, DID I JUST SEE THAT?!?! - sort of way...

An ex boyfriend of mine was into martial arts and I went to a "performance" once and nearly shit my pants died when he chopped a brick in half with one clean smooth CHOP. It was rather impressive.

I don't know where to go anymore to share something like "THERE WAS A BIG SNAKE AT THE FRONT DOOR WHEN I WENT TO LUNCH!!!!!" so I'm just saying it here. I had a close encounter with a snake outside the office door. Just in case anyone might be interested in that incredibly fascinating detail from my life.

We think it was a bull snake. It was shaking its tail like a rattler and my colleagues swear they heard it rattle. But bull snakes imitate rattlers and I think they just heard its tail moving against the pecan shells. I don't know, though. They all look alike to me. I was glad I didn't have my dog (a Chihuahua) with me - Snake might have been hungry. :uhoh:

:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

I have 29 days left. I can do about 12 of those.

But at least I didn't have snakes or pecan shells outside my door today.

The pecan shells are supposed to be there - it's part of the desert landscaping we have to do here. The snake, however, made a wrong turn somewhere.

Wait, what? You have requirements about your landscaping and it involves pecan shells?

Not have to do by law, but because we can't grow grass here without violating all kinds of important water restrictions (water is always an issue here), we cover the ground around shrubs and trees with either pecan shells or little rocks. You work with what you got. And it's pretty.

eta: I believe the technical term is mulch.

A small slice of amusement for you all:

Fuck Yeah, Bono!

Also, I just watched the video. I don't see what's so bad about it. I'm perfectly okay with watching my favorite band performing a song in a beautiful location.

I don't know what the sheets are supposed to signify, but I don't particularly care; they look cool. ;)

And :lol: at the random edit to Bono's ass walking down the street in slow motion.

is anyone else on the east coast kind of astonished at the sheer amount of rain we've been having since, maybe, last Wednesday or whatever?

We think it was a bull snake. It was shaking its tail like a rattler and my colleagues swear they heard it rattle. But bull snakes imitate rattlers and I think they just heard its tail moving against the pecan shells. I don't know, though. They all look alike to me. I was glad I didn't have my dog (a Chihuahua) with me - Snake might have been hungry. :uhoh:

ugh, just reading this is giving me the creeps...

is anyone else on the east coast kind of astonished at the sheer amount of rain we've been having since, maybe, last Wednesday or whatever?

That reminds me of a couple of years ago when it was this way in the midwest.

I still haven't watched the damn video and it's unlikely I'll get a chance to before perhaps Sunday sometime.

i finally saw the real thing too. i thought the sheets were death shrouds and Bono's voice was liberating the oppressed people of Fez.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom