Shuttlecock! Part XVII - No Broken Cocks, Just A Swing!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Despite my massive hatred of Stereogum (which I can't even remember why I decided to hate them at this point....), I enjoyed their image:

u2_justice_210x.jpg

I'll listen to the stream momentarily.

This is random but what the hell happened to Zoots? I feel like that dude hasn't posted in months.

I hope Zoots is OK! :sad:

back at work and back in DC for the first time in two weeks.

god, what at time warp it was.

also, i've semi-decided that i'm going to give my Chicago douchebag seats to my brother and sister-in-law as a wedding present.

i am, however, going to assess the financial feasibility of getting to Chicago that weekend and i'll just grab a ticket for wherever, douchebag or not.

the exciting news is that i have secured employment for at least into October -- i'll be doing a one-hour show for Discovery Health on ... "Weird Sex." like, not people who like to pee on each other, but people who, like, have orgasms when they give birth.

my boss was all, "we think you'd be perfect for this show called 'Weird Sex'."

and i'm all like, "YOU'RE SUCH A RACIST!!!"

FUCK. Was there right at 10, got through immediately and was still shut out of GA's for Chicago. fuckity fuck fuck fuck. fuck AND shit.

As Burt Bacharach once said...I just don't know what to do with myself.

back at work and back in DC for the first time in two weeks.

god, what at time warp it was.

also, i've semi-decided that i'm going to give my Chicago douchebag seats to my brother and sister-in-law as a wedding present.

i am, however, going to assess the financial feasibility of getting to Chicago that weekend and i'll just grab a ticket for wherever, douchebag or not.

the exciting news is that i have secured employment for at least into October -- i'll be doing a one-hour show for Discovery Health on ... "Weird Sex." like, not people who like to pee on each other, but people who, like, have orgasms when they give birth.

my boss was all, "we think you'd be perfect for this show called 'Weird Sex'."

and i'm all like, "YOU'RE SUCH A RACIST!!!"

I know I totally missed all of this (the top part) due to my plague last week, but I'm glad you're back and I hope all is ok. And I am going to pray that you make it to Chicago one way or another :pray:

I will also look for the Weird Sex show. :shifty:

Today is my first day back at work in a week and it's taken me 2 hours to get through my inbox. :crack:

And this is with someone else taking care of the vital "had to get out last week" stuff for me.

FUCK. Was there right at 10, got through immediately and was still shut out of GA's for Chicago. fuckity fuck fuck fuck. fuck AND shit.

Just don't get GAs, then. By not insisting on them shits, I've seen every Chicago show since...well, not quite forever. But since a good while ago, anyway!

:hug: That's an awesome present you're giving. Hope you're able to come in some capacity, even if we have to send smoke signals to you up in nosebleed seats or something.

Get any other kind of ticket? I don't understand the "GA or nothing" philosophy*. (Although I do understand not wanting just any old seat in a giant stadium.)

*which is to say I completely understand loving being a railskank, or that GA is the best place to see a U2 concert, but I don't understand why so many people are getting all bent out of shape when they can't get GA, like U2 screwed them over because they couldn't get the exact ticket they wanted. I haven't seen that here, just over in That Other Place.

*which is to say I completely understand loving being a railskank, or that GA is the best place to see a U2 concert, but I don't understand why so many people are getting all bent out of shape when they can't get GA, like U2 screwed them over because they couldn't get the exact ticket they wanted. I haven't seen that here, just over in That Other Place.

Speaking for myself (and as a railskank), I've been extremely lucky that I've gotten GA's for every show I've wanted. The only show last tour I had a seat for was Bono's birthday show, and that was a total last minute thing and who was I to pass up a seat for that? I also like that I got to experience the stage from afar, seeing the lights was a lot cooler than just staring up B's arse half the night.

And now all of a sudden I REALLY want to go to Chicago 2. :silent:

Yeah, I bought two of the really, really, really shitty $30 seats in the 400 section.

I suck at buying U2 concert tickets.

Speaking for myself (and as a railskank), I've been extremely lucky that I've gotten GA's for every show I've wanted.

That is seriously awesome. Have you been able to get them through general sales, or were they all through pre-sales, trades or buying them later like on eBay and the like?

That is seriously awesome. Have you been able to get them through general sales, or were they all through pre-sales, trades or buying them later like on eBay and the like?

A mix of presales, general (I got one for the Philly Vertigo show after thinking my order hadn't gone through, then I read on the forum to check your order history and there it was!), and extremely generous U2 fans. :love:

I only had to buy one ticket over face, the ETA one for Cleveland.

I've pulled up some really nice douchebag seats for Chicago 2, one of them just a few minutes ago.

That gives me hope for my LA general sale in an hour. Hopefully all the famous people have their comps already and will leave the douchebag seats to the douchebag fans. :angry:

Scott Walker is featured on the last track of the new Bat For Lashes record. I don't think we're ready for this.

And Scumby hates baseball/America? Well you can git out.

Baseball is a sport for non-athletes who have more interest in getting drunk and being bored than actual sports. It's fucking horrible to watch, and only slightly more enjoyable to actually play.

Deal with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom