Shuttlecock! Part XVI - Tours of the future hold the metal crustaceans

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Absolutely. As I know absolutely no one in Chicago other than NSW and GAF, and have never actually been there, I will be entirely dependent on Cock Fans for hanging out and what not. The show's on a Saturday, right?

You'll eat pancakes with me then? Yes, a Saturday night. Which means we might all arrive on a Friday night.

This, assuming I get a ticket. I think I will. My horoscope said it's a good time to plan a trip, so then it's settled.

So, how did the presale go for the dates that had it already? I'm not a subscriber any more, and don't really feel like paying a ridiculous price for access to a shitty website, even with a presale code. Then again, I don't know how I feel about getting tickets through general sale either.

So, how did the presale go for the dates that had it already? I'm not a subscriber any more, and don't really feel like paying a ridiculous price for access to a shitty website, even with a presale code. Then again, I don't know how I feel about getting tickets through general sale either.

I got in on the Toronto presale 90 minutes late and managed to get a GA ticket without any hassle whatsoever.

for others like me who don't pay attention to the other place:

Not entirely sure how accurate this is, but from Rolling Stone:

Meet the Claw: U2's Massive New Stage Set:

Inspiration: U2 show director Willie Williams got the idea for the in-the-round set (nicknamed "the Claw") from the futuristic, Disney-style Theme Building at LAX: It looks like a spaceship on four legs.

Structure: At 164 feet tall, the Claw, Williams says, is twice as high as the previous largest stadium stage set, from the Rolling Stones' A Bigger Bang tour. "Theirs would fit underneath this one," he says.

Sound System: Each of the Claw's four sides will have its own full-size sound system — each powerful enough for an entire arena. There will also be 72 separate subwoofers.

Logistics: Currently being assembled in pieces around the world, the set will be made of solid steel — 120 trucks will cart it from show to show.

:up:

The Claw = :down:

Everything else = :drool:

I was ok with Snow Patrol... or anything other than BEP but Muse... Now I'm getting all jealous again :grumpy:

Elfa, their website states, "for now we can confirm that the band will be special guests to U2 at a number of their North American shows this September, including New York on September 24. The remaining U2 dates will be announced in the coming weeks."

ETA: I didn't realize that Snow Patrol was confirmed for Toronto.

Here's the original schedule that was then pulled at some point...I found it on some other website. It could be completely wrong, of course, but as long as we're talking about rumors...first time I'm seeing it and it's helping me figure out what to do.

12 Sep 2009 Soldier Field Chicago IL US ONSALE Mon. 30 March
16 Sep 2009 Rogers Centre Toronto ON CA ONSALE Mon. 30 March
20 Sep 2009 Gilette Stadium Boston MA US ONSALE Mon. 30 March
24 Sep 2009 Giants Stadium New YorkNY US ONSALE Mon. 30 March
29 Sep 2009 FedEx Field WashingtonDC US ONSALE Mon. 6 April
01 Oct 2009 Scott Stadium Charlottesville VA US ONSALE Sat. 4 April
03 Oct 2009 Stadium Raleigh NC US ONSALE Mon. 6 April
06 Oct 2009 Georgia Dome Atlanta GA US ONSALE Mon. 6 April
09 Oct 2009 Raymond James Tampa FL US ONSALE Sat. 18 April
12 Oct 2009 New Cowboys Stad.Dallas TX US ONSALE Mon. 20 April
14 Oct 2009 Reliant Stadium Houston TX US ONSALE Mon. 20 April
19 Oct 2009 Ok. Mem. StadiumNorman OK US ONSALE Sat. 4 April