Shuttlecock! Part XIV - CRAB - Being Consumed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I really, really don't understand why so many people dislike Mercy. I think it's fucking epic. I think more people are starting to hate it because it's been talked about to death more than anything else, but God the complaining is fucking annoying.

/random rant

I hate the sound at the beginning of Mercy. It's annoying as fuck and really loud. Other than that, it's enjoyable.

i don't hate mercy.

i just don't think it's that good. the bitching about it is always predictable though. same as if they'd put native son on hutdab instead of vertigo, there would be people bitching about how crap native son was and omg we want vertigo.

i don't hate mercy.

i just don't think it's that good. the bitching about it is always predictable though. same as if they'd put native son on hutdab instead of vertigo, there would be people bitching about how crap native son was and omg we want vertigo.

I literally just would have wanted the lyrics changed on Vertigo. To Native Son's. The music on Vertigo is fine.

I think Mercy could've been edited a bit, maybe cut down by a minute or so, but it's my most-played of the unreleased tracks. I think it would've fit well on this album, since it's got a big, sweeping sound that would fill up stadiums nicely.

I thought everyone on this entire forum loved Mercy, what happened over the course of a year or two?

I've always loved Mercy. Everything about it. Great song, great lyric. In fact, the lyrics in that first verse might be my favorite that Bono's written this decade.

Mercy =
madcrabban.gif

While we're still on the topic, how have I never heard of this?

Cained

Description:Almost a year ago, Sir Michael Caine, cinematic legend and icon of '60s cool, surprised his friend Elton John with his expansive knowledge of music, in particular, chill-out tracks. He further revealed a penchant for making his own compilations and distributing them amongst friends. Word spread, and the man best known for his roles in films such as The Italian Job, Alfie, Get Carter, and The Ipress File now presents his first commercially available compilation of favourite tracks. An eclectic, often surprising mix of chill-out classics of the old Cafe del Mar style alongside selections of jazz, world music, and soul.

I just watched that movie for the first time since I saw it and was thoroughly disappointed by it on opening weekend. Liked it a good deal more the second time, still think the last 30 minutes or so are terrible. But, damn, that whole armored car/semi/Batmobile chase sequence in the middle of the movie is awe-inspiring.

While we're still on the topic, how have I never heard of this?

Cained

Description:Almost a year ago, Sir Michael Caine, cinematic legend and icon of '60s cool, surprised his friend Elton John with his expansive knowledge of music, in particular, chill-out tracks. He further revealed a penchant for making his own compilations and distributing them amongst friends. Word spread, and the man best known for his roles in films such as The Italian Job, Alfie, Get Carter, and The Ipress File now presents his first commercially available compilation of favourite tracks. An eclectic, often surprising mix of chill-out classics of the old Cafe del Mar style alongside selections of jazz, world music, and soul.

If Michael fucking Caine takes the time to select some chill-out classics, I'm taking the time to listen.

I wonder if Michael Caine fancies himself a chilled-out entertainer, like David Brent.

I'm wondering about Chicago and whether I should just go GA so I can be guaranteed to hang out with people I know, or if I need to sweet-talk one of our little gang into letting me have one of the reserved tickets they buy.

How do we go about trying to see the actual show together? Or do we just chance it to fate and just know we'll be hanging out at some point to have a little shindig to meet up?

I'm wondering about Chicago and whether I should just go GA so I can hang out with people I know, or if I need to sweet-talk one of our little gang into letting me have one of the reserved tickets they buy.

Yeah, I'm trying to figure how I'll swing this as well, considering I won't be going with anyone I know if I do go.

Yeah, I'm trying to figure how I'll swing this as well, considering I won't be going with anyone I know if I do go.

Yeah - I'm assuming the already-in-Chicago folks, if using their pre-sale codes for the Chicago show, will already have their non-cockhead friends they'll want to invite.

I'm not worried about getting a ticket, I just don't want to end up all by my lonesome! :)

It's not a king craaaaaaab, it's a lobster... When you order your dish.

Yeah - I'm assuming the already-in-Chicago folks, if using their pre-sale codes for the Chicago show, will already have their non-cockhead friends they'll want to invite.

I'm not worried about getting a ticket, I just don't want to end up all by my lonesome! :)

It'll all work out.

Back
Top Bottom