Shuttlecock! Part XIII - Midnight is when her work begins

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Haaaaaarp! He does the pregame show on one of the networks back in DFW.

Man those unis were great.

I'm a big fan of his, actually, and am looking to book him as a guest on one of our shows since he is an Illini and all.

He's a stand up guy. Does a decent enough job with the broadcasts for KTXA.

By the way, Chicagahns (Chicagoians). The Pitchfork Music Festival looks fine and dandy. You should go. That guy will probably call all of you Frenchmen or queers or French queers, but it's worth it.

The National is there, NSW. The Nash!

I enjoy how "vast minority" is a tag on this thread.

Well, we are certainly in it.

So, they're touring from July to October this year and from June to September next year?

That means there's an album being released in between.

i'm lazy. did i read there was a north american leg in 2010?

U2 will be playing in a setting unique among all previous tours, by any artist. The tour will be global and lengthy. U2 will stay in Europe through Aug. 22, then hit American shores on Sept. 12 with a show at Soldier Field in Chicago. The band will play in North America until Oct. 28 and plans on working the globe until the fall of 2010.

It says nothing about breaks in between.

Alright, Impy, decision time on "Pride (In the Name of Cock)."

I looked it up: Lance's birthday is September 5th. Obviously, one more syllabe than April 4th. But then we could just say "Brothel awning, September" instead of "Brothel awning, April 4."

Your call here.

Alright, Impy, decision time on "Pride (In the Name of Cock)."

I looked it up: Lance's birthday is September 5th. Obviously, one more syllabe than April 4th. But then we could just say "Brothel awning, September" instead of "Brothel awning, April 4."

Your call here.

I saw that was his birthday, but I liked the "Early morning, 12 till 4" sequence more. Laz and I agreed on that. I only offered the verse about the awning as a bonus look into my seedy imagination.

Mike, you should get a one-dayer just to see them if nothing else. Grizzly Bear are playing too. I know you love them. Yo La Tengo, who are terrific live, are also on the bill.

I'm hoping Shuttlecock hit Texas in June/July of 2010.

And then it said North America in June and July 2010 and Europa in August and September 2010.

Ok, I see what you're saying.

The basic layout of the tour is Europe in July and August, America in September and October with a total of 40-45 shows this year; more stadiums in America in June and July next year, then August and September in Europe. The trek then tentatively will hit South America in the fall of 2010, for potentially as many as 90-100 shows over the next two years.

It's not clear, but I'd imagine they'd hit other parts of the globe in between, such as Australia and Japan.

Even then, that's a hell of a gap. I think your speculation about the second album is spot on.

No idea.

Because I can afford any price level, so what do I care??!?!?!? HAHAHAHAHAREHERH#RHREEWR!!!!!

I think BoMac and I need to have a talk tonight. :shifty:

Because THEY OWE US AS THE MOST DEDICATED FANS ON THE PLANET AND WE SHOULD BE FRONT ROW AT EVERY GIG AND WE SHOULD GET TO TALK TO THEM ON THE WAY OUT AFTER EACH GIG BECAUSE WE'RE DEDICATED.

I hate everyone.

We can go commit knife crimes together, cause I hate everyone, too. :hug:

Especially those "chosen ones" who are always fucking up front.

i'm lazy. did i read there was a north american leg in 2010?

Weren't you busy creating multiple threads about your engagement doing something else this week?

Shuttlecock will also resurrect its random upgrade program first seen on the Ejaculation Tour in 2001, where select fans purchasing GA tickets will be moved closest to the stage.

This has me nervous again already.

I mumble this at least 12 times a day.

I am excited for the ticket prices. I don't know how excited I am to do GA again though.

The 3 idiots I work with that I want to go with here in Chicago do not want to do GA. Which is a relief. But, if any of you clowns do GA, I will find you in line and wave hi or give you a cookie or perhaps some iced tea.

Perfect timing. I'm basing my entire college decision on where Shuttlecock is playing their American tour dates.

The 3 idiots I work with that I want to go with here in Chicago do not want to do GA. Which is a relief. But, if any of you clowns do GA, I will find you in line and wave hi or give you a cookie or perhaps some iced tea.

Margarita. :mad:

If you can't heed my every command then this psuedo affair that my psuedo fiancee has no inkling of is off. DO YOU HEAR ME? /clf

I'll be doing GA for at least one of the shows. I predict a gathering will take place in Chicago so you might have to do GA with us.

my plan (which I'm sure you're all dying to hear) is to go GA one night and seats the next so I can hopefully get two different experiences of (knowing the 'cock) the same show.

Good plan.

My plan is to commit murder (with a knife or a number of knives) on all the douches in the U2 section of the forum and take their tickets.

Back
Top Bottom